Terrific article

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: To the streets!

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:25 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I am just tired of typing my frustrations away. I used to think it was cathartic, now I am starting to believe it is a way to defuse yourself too<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>The internet, like education, is a means and not the end.<br>The internet is an amazing school but must be used to organize and FOCUS energy, not absorb it which is what TPTB want all consumer technology to do.<br><br>And with the Operation Mockingbird media denying us the use of our own public airwaves, this is The People's Media.<br><br>Another thread might be useful for asking-<br>"What information you learned on the internet (anywhere, really) is the most effective for promoting peace and justice?"<br><br>And then take those answers to the street, door-to-door, discussion boards, churches, schools, etc.<br><br>I have very specific answers and I've already noticed disinfo campaigns in progress trying to neutralize this info. So that means it really is dangerous to fascism. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hughmanateewins>Hugh Manatee Wins</A> at: 9/26/06 3:29 pm<br></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Wow...and that Al Lewis interview.

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:27 pm

There's a big difference for me between the pressure-valve release of America's institutional and compromised left and, say, the Mexican left's challenge of its stolen election and Venezuelans' fight against globalism, that began on the street, years before Chavez. Not just in method, but in results. And what results does Ramsey Clark and all the rest have to show?<br> <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Postby postrchild » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:55 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>There's a big difference for me between the pressure-valve release of America's institutional and compromised left and, say, the Mexican left's challenge of its stolen election<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Its the difference between the stories of "David and Goliath" and "Rumplstiltzkin".<br><br>Americans are complcent as long as it doesnt effect the now. <p></p><i></i>
postrchild

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:56 pm

It's not up to each one of us to do everything that can possibly be done.<br><br>Some can be teachers.<br><br>Some can be speakers.<br><br>Some can be organizers.<br><br>Some can be foot soldiers.<br><br>Some can be prophets.<br><br>Some can be artists.<br><br>Some can be theorists.<br><br>Some can be fighters.<br><br>All is not lost. The victory is in the struggle. Sure, Latin America still knows what has been tivoed out of us, and we need to start learning a lot from them. But don't fool yourself into thinking that what you are doing is having no effect. We are already "stretching them out", and "they" are none too happy about it. <p></p><i></i>
stickdog99

Postby dugoboy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:59 pm

wow very true postrchild. the delivery system of control and suppression they use here in america is very slow, subtle and unnoticable to the untrained eye. <br><br>the only reason there aren't riots in the streets is the media doesn't present us the truth and connect the dots about how certain things really effect us, we are complacent by apathy and we are simply ignorant <p>___________________________________________<br>"BushCo aren't incompetent...they are Complicit!" -Me<br><br>"Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act" -George Orwell<br><br>"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it - always." -Mahatma Gandhi</p><i></i>
dugoboy

Re: Wow...and that Al Lewis "Victory is in the Struggle

Postby Seventhsonjr » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:19 pm

That is the quote that got me andd made me feel this is all viindicated even while it is just one small part of the struggle.<br><br>VICTORY IS IN THE STRUGGLE.<br><br>wE ARE DYING NOT AS COWARDS or DOGS BUT WITH OUR BACKS TO THE WALL FIGHTING!!! (Paraphrasing Langston Hughes)LEWIS: Everything is viable. But don't expect results.<br><br>SHADOW: Maybe we're being naive, but maybe we serve some purpose...<br><br>LEWIS: There's nothing wrong with being naive. But, after doing x amount of time or years, don't throw your hands up in the air, because, you see, everybody wants the "the win," they want it today. It doesn't happen. The struggle goes on. The victory is in the struggle, for me. And I accepted that a long time ago. You write about police brutality. Go back to 1909, you'll see about police brutality (laughs), it's not something new. People don't really understand their role in society. <p></p><i></i>
Seventhsonjr

Previous

Return to 9/11