911 conspiracist notices Iraq sinkhole

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

911 conspiracist notices Iraq sinkhole

Postby Gouda » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:41 am

That's me. I'm a 911 conspiracist. I know I am breaking conspiracy nut protocol here, but I just couldn't help but notice that there is a war in Iraq and it seems the congress (democrat and republican alike) can't stop jizzing funds at the war industry ahead of elections and expect us to quietly vote for one or the other war crimes industry freaks. But since I am politically infantile and a tad despairing of it all, I'll eventually resort to conspiracizing as to why we are in Iraq and what 911 had to do with it. Sure, later I am going to go stand on a street corner and rave like a lunatic who has no capability to ever become an orator, so FWIW now, I'll leave you with this...is it relevant? I'm new to non-911 issues. <br><br>******<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>House OKs $70B for Iraq, Afghanistan [AGAIN AND AGAIN]</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>By ANDREW TAYLOR, Associated Press Writer Wed Sep 27, 3:45 AM ET<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>WASHINGTON - Just days before leaving Washington to campaign, Congress is moving to provide $70 billion more for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan as part of a record $448 billion Pentagon budget.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>With Iraq alone costing about $8 billion a month, another infusion of funds will be needed next spring. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Opinion polls show the war continues to be unpopular with voters, but even Democratic opponents of the war generally embrace the Pentagon measure, since it provides funding for body armor and other support for U.S. troops overseas.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>The House passed the Pentagon appropriations bill Tuesday night on a 394-22 vote, and the Senate could clear the bill for President Bush as early as Wednesday or Thursday.<br><br>The House-Senate compromise bill provides $378 billion for core Pentagon programs, about a 5 percent increase, though not quite as much as Bush requested. The $70 billion for Iraq and Afghanistan is a down payment on war costs the White House has estimated will hit $110 billion for the budget year beginning Oct. 1.<br><br>With final passage of the bill, Congress will have approved $507 billion for Iraq, Afghanistan and heightened security at overseas military bases since the Sept. 11 attacks five years ago, according to the Congressional Research Service.<br><br>The growing price tag of the Iraq conflict is partly driven by the need to repair and replace military equipment destroyed in battle or simply worn out in harsh, dusty conditions in Iraq and Afghanistan.<br><br>Almost $23 billion was approved for Army, Marine Corps and National Guard equipment such as helicopters, armored Humvees, Bradley Armored Fighting Vehicles, radios and night-vision equipment.<br><br>Another $1.9 billion is for new jammers to counter improvised explosive devices in Iraq and Afghanistan and $1 billion is provided for body armor and other personal protective gear.<br><br>The measure includes a Democratic-sponsored provision against establishing permanent military bases in Iraq. GOP leaders dropped identical language from an Iraq funding bill this June.<br><br>While the measure enjoys sweeping support, the brief debate sparked partisan exchanges over the Iraq war.<br><br>"If the president had told us the truth, that Iraq and<br>Saddam Hussein ... presented no real threat to us, that there was no likelihood of weapons of mass destruction, that there was no connection to al-Qaida ... would this Congress have voted for war?" said Rep. Jerrold Nadler (news, bio, voting record), D-N.Y. "I don't think so."<br><br>"Is the world better or worse off without (Hussein)?" said Rep. Tom Cole (news, bio, voting record), R-Okla. "I think it's better, and it took American action."<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>The bill would be the first of 11 spending bills to clear Congress for the new budget year.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>So little progress has been made on other bills that the Pentagon measure also carries a stopgap funding bill to keep open, through Nov. 17, agencies whose funding bills won't have passed. Only the homeland security measure is expected to also pass before Congress leaves Washington to campaign.<br><br>The core bill contains $86 billion for personnel costs, enough to support 482,000 Army soldiers and 175,000 Marines. That would provide for a 2.2 percent pay increase for the military as Bush requested in his February budget.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Another $120 billion would go to operations and maintenance costs, slightly less than the Pentagon request. And $81 billion is provided to buy new weapons, with another $76 billion dedicated to research and development costs.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>That's still not enough for the White House, which requested $4 billion more. But House appropriators diverted that money to ease cuts in domestic programs. Earlier this year, the Senate passed a version shifting $9 billion to domestic programs but backed off in the face of a White House veto threat.<br><br>(...)<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060927/ap_on_go_co/defense_spending">news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060...e_spending</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gouda@rigorousintuition>Gouda</A> at: 9/27/06 8:43 am<br></i>
Gouda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 911 conspiracist notices Iraq sinkhole

Postby darkbeforedawn » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:00 am

Gawd! they are getting away with MURDER.... and they still wave around the "terrorist" boggey. It couldn't be because AT LEAST ONE THIRD of the public still belieives Saddam and Osama were scheming together on 9-11? Naaah just a coincidence--ask Cockburn, he'll tell you. <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:08 am

Didn't they just ban liquids from Iraq to prevent bombing? I thought I heard that while watching football.<br><br>Cockburn would've done more good examining the role of TV sports in preventing political activity, not 9/11 investigators. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Gouda » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:18 am

That's interesting. 1/3 of the public believes in a link between Iraq and 911; 1/3 believe that the government was in some way behind 911; and the other 1/3...? Maybe they believe there is a link between the aforementioned views. <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Return to 9/11