Jones "retires" from BYU

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Jones "retires" from BYU

Postby darkbeforedawn » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:36 pm

I got a sick feeling when I read this. Reminds me of reports of what happened to dissident academics in Hitler's Germany...Wonder if he really will get more job offers?<br><br>Steve Jones Announces Early Retirement From BYU<br><br>Friends and Colleagues:<br><br>BYU issued a press release today -- I have elected to take early retirement from BYU. I don't have the actual release -- it will be in local papers tomorrow and may be on the BYU web site now.<br><br>I feel that this is a good move for me. I have been contacted by another school about joining their faculty, and may do so -- but no decision on that yet. I think it will work out for the best. I assure you all that I will continue in my research on 9/11 issues, and speaking out -- should have more time for these activities in fact.<br><br>With this window of opportunity, I sent the letter below to local newspapers; perhaps it could be posted at st911.org, Jim, if you wish. "Dr. Jones letter to newspaper editors upon announcement of his retirement from BYU," or something like that.<br><br>I feel good about this -- not angry with BYU, moving on and happy with it overall.<br><br>Thanks for all your support, especially to those who signed the petition at st911.org in my behalf.<br><br>My sincere thanks to all my friends in the 9/11 truth community worldwide; we have a great, growing community of intelligent, caring people. We can do this!<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Re: Jones "retires" from BYU

Postby greencrow0 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:52 pm

Bravo for Professor Jones.<br><br>I think this is the right move for him.<br><br>He has 'outgrown' BYU<br><br>gc <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Jones "retires" from BYU

Postby marykmusic » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:19 pm

BYU put him on "leave" six weeks ago, according to a small story I just read in today's Arizona Republic. But that probably didn't affect his decision... --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to 9/11