Ponerology of Apathy and War

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Ponerology of Apathy and War

Postby si-cane » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:44 am

Hi all,

A little less than two years ago a study was released to the general public called 'Political Ponerology.' However, the actual study itself was formed during the era of Communist Poland. In essence, it's the study of the political influence of psychopathy and psychological deviancy on social thought and behavior. I think much, if not all of man's inhumanity to fellow man can be understood with this study. I realize that's a pretty big statement to make in regards to human nature, but I think the implications and knowledge behind the study are groundbreaking. There's been two threads on the topic in the forum, but in a slightly different context from what I'd like to share.

I recently made a short video (a little less than three minutes) called, "The Ponerology of Apathy and War."

You can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SYOxmONO2g

I hope you all might check it out and offer feedback.

In it, I try to show the drastic contrast between the 'American (sleeping) Dream' and the realities of war. I think both war and apathy have the same influence, and as I'm sure most would agree apathy allows war. This influence is, imo, psychopathic thought - and the process of ponerology. The masks of psychopath are amazingly deceptive and quite effective. On a macro-social scale psychopathic leaders can take over ideologies and twist their original meanings, thus the ideology is used as their mask. We can certainly see this with the perverted use of bringing 'freedom and democracy' to Iraq - or having it here in the US for that matter. Such double speak can be identified as a pathological language. When our political leaders speak of success in Iraq, they are being forthright; it IS seen as a success because from a psychopaths view destruction and turmoil is success. However, when normal people of conscience accept this language it degenerates their own thinking and feeling systems; they become infected, so to speak. So this is where apathy comes in, as well as war.

There's a lot more to this, but I gotta get to bed. In the description next to the video there are some links that further elaborate on the concepts.
si-cane

Blog: View Blog (0)

excellent

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:49 am

simple and effective.

It touched me. "..and the rockets red glare..."
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Deep Politics