A Monument To My Comfort Zone

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

A Monument To My Comfort Zone

Postby greencrow0 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:06 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://world.mediamonitors.net/content/view/full/35454">world.mediamonitors.net/c...full/35454</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Within The Gated Subdivision Of The American Mind: A Monument To My Comfort Zone</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>by Phil Rockstroh<br>(Monday September 18 2006) <br>________________________________________<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"They should erect war memorials in honor of us Americans here on the home front: a statue depicting us...sprawled on our sofas, TV remote fixed in our hands, steely in our resolve to remain distracted." <br>________________________________________<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>"<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Mrs. O'Kelly, do you believe in fairies?" "No, I don't -- but they're there." <br>-- Irish aphorism</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>There is something missing in The Oakdale Estates subdivision. Oak Trees. Years ago, they were cut down to clear the property for development. <br><br>Is it possible the gated walls of Oakdale Estates are fitted with impenetrable irony shields? <br><br>There is something missing, as well, here in The United States of America -- Land of The Free. Freedom. <br>Where are our much-vaunted freedoms in the present day United States? Are they, perhaps, hidden among the phantom oaks of Oakdale Estates? <br><br>Sadly, it appears, for a depressingly large percent of our citizenry, the loss of our rights and liberties are missed and remembered to the same extent as the felled trees of Oakdale Estates. <br> <br> … [snip]<br><br>...What of the inspired misfits, indomitable freaks, defiant outcasts, and magnificent failures -- the sorts who might broach uncomfortable topics, reveal family secrets, or too vividly display our flaws? Where are those who have been cast out, orphaned from our family, and therefore, who, like a tragic hero from myth, are free to blunder upon unbearable truths. Where are the scorned and forsaken ones? All those banished from our thoughts, because they see our family for what it is, not what it strives to appear to be. <br><br>We need these wayward members of our family now, more than ever. For this reason: As is the case with nature herself, a nation needs its mutant strains of innovative freaks, because, by introducing variation, they have the ability to transform the closed, negative entropy-generating genetic systems on this inbred planet. Thus, they enable life to diversify and flourish. <br><br>In this manner, we might avoid the fate of becoming a global clan of thin-blooded, wall-eyed trailer court imbeciles. Perish the thought of: Planet Alabama. Though it might already be too late. How else can we explain the Bush presidency? <br>This is why we must perpetrate acts of everyday antagonism; why we must not supplicate ourselves before the bloodless gods of false propriety; why it’s imperative we rage and weep at the memory of squandered oak trees, dead soldiers, and forsaken freedoms. <br><br>Now is not the time for paeans to the polite and appropriate. Systems (including empires) don't collapse in a polite and decorous manner. The Second Law of Thermodynamics is one rude bastard. Negative entropy did not attend the finest finishing schools and will not be presented to genteel society in an elegant debutante ball..."<br><br>==================================<br><br>This editorial is a good message to left wing gatekeepers.<br><br>gc <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Blog: View Blog (0)

thank you

Postby metagraven » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:01 am

Thank you for sharing that. That guy is an excellent writer. <p></p><i></i>
metagraven

Thanks,

Postby heyjt » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:26 pm

Wow, that was great! <p></p><i></i>
heyjt