Is Phil Angelides taking a dive for Arnold?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Is Phil Angelides taking a dive for Arnold?

Postby maggrwaggr » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:11 am

Anyone here from California?<br><br>There's gotta be more than a few of us.<br><br>I have to say that I think Angelides has been paid to take a dive for Schwarwzenegger.<br><br>The man has campaigned ZERO. He hasn't done SQUAT to try to get himself elected Governor.<br><br>He's the invisible candidate.<br><br>There's really no explanation for it whatsoever. Except the paranoid one: That he's been paid to take a dive for The Governator.<br><br>I was always looking forward to a REAL election to kick Arnold's ass. I figured that if he had to actually run a real political campaign, one-on-one, with a real politician, he would have his ass kicked so badly that he would never return to politics.<br><br>But Angelides, since getting the Democratic nomination for Governor, has seemingly made it a point to let Arnold win.<br><br>He is invisible.<br><br>I was complaining to my wife about this, a woman whose intuition is way better than mine, a woman who is usually right about this sort of thing and she just calmly said -- "he was probably paid to take a dive. You know, like a boxer".<br><br>DING DING.<br><br>It's the only thing that makes since. Arnold certainly has the money and the connections. Angelides was a goddamn developer. <br><br>Anyone else want to chime in?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
maggrwaggr

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Is Phil Angelides taking a dive for Arnold?

Postby dbeach » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:22 am

only that kerry took the dive for his kissin S.&B. cousin bushler which is another step on this path to 1984..Anywho I get this thought that the <br>son of a real Nazi Schwarwzenegger...<br><br>would be chosen to be the the first american dictator over the son of a Nazi agent G W Bush<br><br>the USA is a nazi/fascist occupied nation and nazi/fascist is not exactly the correct term<br><br>but the big pigs got the weapons the cash and the structure to use this system viciously against the people most of whom are unarmed..<br><br>BTW just watched "V" for Vendetta for first time.<br>.NEATO.<br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Postby robertdreed » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:56 am

I moved from California to the Washington DC area last year. <br><br>Out here, you wouldn't even know there's a governor's race. As a matter of fact, the silence has been so blanketing that I started thinking that there must not be a race this year, even though I knew better. <br><br>Granted, as a rule DC only takes notice of California when there's a natural disaster, or when something "cute" or "kooky" takes place there. <br><br>( And California, in return, takes little notice of DC at all... to the credit of the place, I think. )<br><br>It's hugely disappointing to me that Phil Angelides appears to be running such a lackluster campaign. Especially because at the time when I left CA in November 2005, Shwartzenegger was definitely politically vulnerable. He had alienated everyone from the Mexican-American community to the police and firefighters unions...<br><br>who knows, maybe Angelides is taking a dive. He's definitely a Clinton Democrat...and as Sam Smith over at <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://prorev.com/">prorev.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> has pointed out repeatedly, Clinton/DLC Democrats often seem intent on sabotaging the fortunes and future of their party. <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://prorev.com/partyover.htm">prorev.com/partyover.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>more <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://prorev.com/#index">prorev.com/#index</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Consider what Bill Clinton did to the party by lying under oath, refusing to simply resign and leave the office in the hands of his fellow Democrat VP, and then enlisting every Democrat loyal to him to defend his indefensible conduct in the course of dragging out that petty soap opera for two years, all the while complaining how all of the pressure from Republicans was rendering it impossible for him to advance any progressive initiatives- even executive actions. Ethical questions aside, from a purely practical political standpoint, a popular second-term president with zero chance of being successfully impeached and no impending election worries could have simply told his opposition to get stuffed...but no... <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 10/29/06 12:16 am<br></i>
robertdreed

Postby NavnDansk » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:04 am

With all the trouble the ptbs went to in setting up Gov. Davis with Arnold's private energy commission and in the recall "election", I'm sure it was top priority to get another Kerry-pretend candidate not to give the California people hope that they might vote out this latest ptb scourge. <p></p><i></i>
NavnDansk

Postby monster » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:19 pm

Nah, he's not taking a dive, he's just a total wuss. <br><br>The guy's got zero presence. He's like a wet noodle with huge ears. He's a total joke.<br><br>But like somebody pointed out, neither side's really campaigning. <br><br>I think they know there's no way he's going to beat Arnold, so they're not wasting money on advertising. <p></p><i></i>
monster

Postby maggrwaggr » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:08 am

I live in So Cal and I'm on every damn mailing list you could be on as a Democrat. I have yet to receive one piece of mail about Angelides, NOTHING that says vote for him or anything WHATsofuckingever.<br><br>I have yet to see a single TV commercial for Phil Angelides.<br><br>The guy has taken a dive. I'm convinced. I want somebody to investigate it and figure it out. I want heads to roll.<br><br>I'll say it right now: Phil Angelides is a fraud. His candidacy is a hoax.<br><br>Where's the money going? What's his camaign spending it on? <p></p><i></i>
maggrwaggr

Postby monster » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:55 am

Well the ads do exist, there's just not many of them (thank God). <br><br>I live in the Central Valley and I've probably seen half a dozen for Angelides, and one for Schwarzanegger (just the other day). <p></p><i></i>
monster

Angelides

Postby robertdreed » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:22 am

I was next to Phil Angelides in the post office line once, in the magnificent downtown Sacramento post office, from the great era of public investment. <br><br>He was with a little entourage. Had a cellphone in his ear the whole time. He did not overwhelm the grandeur of his surroundings. <br><br>Here's how you know I'm not a knee-jerk Libertarian ideologue...back during the Davis fiasco over the multibillion state budget debt, Angelides proposed a 1/2 per cent additional sales tax, to run for 2 years and then expire. That would have taken care of the deficit. (CA sales tax is already in the neighborhood of 7%. )<br><br>1/2 per cent added inflation for 2 years, in return for living in a workable, solvent California? I'm all over it. For that matter, make it a 1 per cent added sales tax, for 1 year. By now, everyone would have forgotten about it. <br><br>Instead, we got Arnold, with his fast talk about "cutting the fat in the budget." Then, when he gets in, the first thing he does is borrow a few billion...just what people were so dreading about a continued Democrat administration. <br><br>(But if you weren't going for the sales tax, it was the only thing left to do.) <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 10/31/06 7:35 am<br></i>
robertdreed

Return to Deep Politics