Congressional page scandal -- the net widens?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Congressional page scandal -- the net widens?

Postby professorpan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:03 pm

Hoo boy, this is getting very interesting...<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/02/pages-ross/">thinkprogress.org/2006/10/02/pages-ross/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Tonight on ABC, investigative journalist Brian Ross suggested there may be other members of Congress who engaged in inappropriate behavior towards congressional pages:<br><br>BRIAN ROSS: So far, Foley is the only member whose overt sexual approaches have been documented. Charlie?<br><br>CHARLES GIBSON: The only one to be documented, but are there other shoes to drop?<br><br>ROSS: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>We’re hearing quite a bit from former pages. They’re sending us all sorts of messages about possible other members.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Congressional page scandal -- the net widens?

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:14 pm

I'm sure that a BUNCH of effort will be put into finding at least one offending Dem. It could end up being twenty Republicans, but so long as there is even one Dem, it will be promoted as being equal. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 10/3/06 10:26 am<br></i>
chiggerbit

REpub history of little boys

Postby rocco33 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:25 pm

rocco33

Re: REpub history of little boys

Postby HMKGrey » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:05 pm

Chiggerbit is right. This isn't just about how the Repugs play it, but about how the MSM report it. We could have twenty repugs caught with their pants down but if they get just one Dem then the press can turn on him and re-frame the conversation that way as an endemic problem. <br><br>Meanwhile, the rhetoric coming form the right 'just naughty e-mails', 'boys asked for it' etc is simply disgusting. These people are so addicted to power now that they are beyond help. <br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

Re: REpub history of little boys

Postby Project Willow » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:41 pm

Aren't congressional pages the altar boys of government? I mean, sexual harassment of them has been the wink-wink nudge-nudge reality for decades, has it not?<br><br>Why else would they have them there? Because some generous hearted person thought, "Oh, wouldn't it be nice to get young people involved in their government." yeah right.<br><br>Excuse my cynicism, and correct me if I'm wrong. <p></p><i></i>
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Blackmail

Postby Pissed Off Cabbie » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:56 pm

It seems to me that the blackmail game is being ramped up in some sort of end-game strategy. Either Bush/Rove are pushing for extreme measures, or the so-called Faction Two is fighting back. <br><br>At any rate, a whole lot of legislators are now shitting themselves at the thought of going up in smoke like Foley has.<br><br>I wonder if the recent spate of school shootings don't figure into this. Is one side saying, back off, or we let the dogs out?<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Pissed Off Cabbie

Re: Blackmail

Postby dbeach » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:34 pm

sexual blackmail ,extortion ,bribery ,assassinations ,suicides ,plane crashes ,wars ,tax cuts is how the elites have maintained contro for yrs..<br><br>foleyphilegate is a method to keep their troops in line and quiet and pushing towards their much planned police state <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:43 pm

Well perhaps the PTB wants the republicans to lose control of congress. Then they can stage another 9-11 false flag psy op and blame the democrats for being soft on terror in the leadup to the next Presidential election. That would work out nicely for this cabal of <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>homofascist</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> pigs. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=masonicplot>MASONIC PLOT</A> at: 10/3/06 4:19 pm<br></i>
MASONIC PLOT

Postby professorpan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:50 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>homofascist<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Not to be a thought cop, but focusing on "homo" instead of "pedo" doesn't sit well with me. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Postby dbeach » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:00 pm

The MM has a sensational story wonder IF it will lastas long as OJ or Jon Bemt Ramsey?<br><br>This has to be distraction..<br><br>Whereare the missing kids on the milk cartons..<br><br>"ABC will soon report who had knowledge of the Mark Foley page scandal, and when they became aware of it, RAW STORY has learned.<br><br>In an interview with DemocracyNow, ABC's Maddy Sauer has shared some startling facts about the story.<br><br>Pages have, according to Sauer, been able to produce instant message conversations going back as far as five years. Some of them are reportedly sexually explicit.<br><br>The FBI, Sauer claims, will be interviewing pages starting today.<br><br>Sauer also indicated that ABC's next wave of reports on the Foley scandal will focus on who in Congress was aware of the situation, how much they knew, and when they were alerted."<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/ABC_producer_says_network_to_name_1003.html">www.rawstory.com/news/200..._1003.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:13 pm

You're right, professor. I think the right is already trying to pin this on the gays, blaming them for all pedophilic inclinations. just like they did with the Boy Souts. They can't get it through their heads that it is two different sexual attractions. One has to do with gender, and one with age of victim. Sometimes there is overlap, but I'm willing to bet that the ratios aren't any different than for the hetero population. And as long as they can keep successfully redirecting mental traffic towards the gays, no one (they hope) is going to find the pedo in their own special closet.<br><br>Poor kids. I imagine they have mixed feelings on this coming out. I see some of them are already receiving threats. Figures. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 10/3/06 7:02 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby dbeach » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:22 pm

the abuse of the US Constitution is over shadowed by Foleyphilegate<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://prisonplanet.com/articles/october2006/031006seekrepeal.htm">prisonplanet.com/articles...repeal.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br><br>"Will Americans Seek Repeal Of Constitution Killing Enabling Act?<br>Or are Mark Foley's perverted e mails of more importance to the existence of freedom in the United States?<br><br>Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones/Prison Planet.com | October 3 2006<br><br>The end of the U.S. Constitution and the impending passage of George W. Bush's own Enabling Act are of little importance to a U.S. media fixated with the lurid e mails of a pervert politician. Will Americans focus on what really matters and seek a repeal of HR 6166?<br><br>We have the legal precedent and the unmitigated necessity to lobby and protest for repeal legislation of this draconian power grab to be introduced in the U.S. Senate.<br><br>It was only through public pressure that legislation to repeal drug companies' immunity to lawsuits caused by gross negligence and vaccine damage (The Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act) was introduced and is still under the consideration of the Senate.<br><br>Will Democrats, the majority of whom voted to hand Bush a mandate that puts him above the law, ever back up their rhetoric and challenge this horrific attack on the Bill of Rights? <br><br>Will Americans push for a similar repeal of Bush's Military Commissions Act? A legal mandate for absolute power that greases the skids for American citizens to be labeled enemy combatants, disappeared and tortured?<br><br>As we reported on Friday, the bill also contains a definition of "wrongfully aiding the enemy" which labels all American citizens who breach their "allegiance" to President Bush and the actions of his government as terrorists subject to possible arrest, torture and conviction in front of a military tribunal.<br><br>It also preemptively criminalizes any challenge to the legislation's legality by the Supreme Court or any United States court and allows the use of torture that is, "incidental to lawful sanctions."<br><br>Detainment facilities on American soil have already been set up to handle an influx of prisoners in anticipation of a major nuclear or biological terror attack or widespread race riots. At the start of the year Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg, Brown and Root were awarded a $385 million dollar contract by Homeland Security to construct detention and processing facilities in the event of a national emergency.<br><br>The fact that freedom in America was officially buried last Thursday was swiftly knocked off the top of the news cycle by more school shootings, more mindless celebrity gossip, and a morbid fascination with the perverted ramblings of Republican Congressman Mark Foley.<br><br>The White House is deliberately fanning the flames of this faux controversy by having Press Secretary Tony Snow downplay Foley's actions as "naughty e mails." This arrogant dismissal causes a new wave of righteous outrage to wash over the blogosphere and give the story legs for the rest of the week - just enough time for the Military Commissions Act to safely reach Bush's desk.<br><br>There is no question that Foley needs to be investigated and have a restraining order slapped on him for life but press saturation of the story has diverted attention from the most egregious affront to liberty since the PATRIOT Act - as Bush prepares to put the final signature on the American Police State."<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:22 pm

They are homofascists, Jeff Gannon isnt a little boy. These are sick, closeted, self hating homosexual fascists, some of whom favor young boys. This is by no means an attempt to smear all homosexuals, I am specifically referring to this sick and twisted fascist variety that has hijacked the nation. <p></p><i></i>
MASONIC PLOT

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:09 pm

Anyone know anything about Foley's attorney? <p></p><i></i>
MASONIC PLOT

Postby dranek7 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:27 pm

Which attorney?? <br><br>...His former roomate is fellow batchelor Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist, Republican candidate for governor.<br><br>...His spokesman-attorney is named David Roth. <p></p><i></i>
dranek7

Next

Return to Deep Politics