Randall Robinson: Cannibalism In New Orleans

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Randall Robinson: Cannibalism In New Orleans

Postby proldic » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:15 pm

Huffington Post 9/02/05<br><br>It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive. Four days after the storm, thousands of blacks in New Orleans are dying like dogs. No-one has come to help them.<br><br>I am a sixty-four year old African-American. <br><br>New Orleans marks the end of the America I strove for.<br><br>I am hopeless. I am sad. I am angry against my country for doing nothing when it mattered.<br><br>This is what we have come to. This defining watershed moment in America’s racial history. For all the world to witness. For those who’ve been caused to listen for a lifetime to America’s ceaseless hollow bleats about democracy. For Christians, Jews and Muslims at home and abroad. For rich and poor. For African-American soldiers fighting in Iraq. For African-Americans inside the halls of officialdom and out.<br><br>My hand shakes with anger as I write. I, the formerly un-jaundiced human rights advocate, have finally come to see my country for what it really is. A monstrous fraud.<br><br><br>- Randall Robinson, is an internationally respected foreign policy advocate and author. He established TransAfrica in 1977...While president of that organization, he spearheaded the U. S. campaign to end apartheid in South Africa. His leadership in support of the pro-democracy movement in Haiti - which included a 27-day hunger strike - also caused the United States Government to lead the 1994 multinational effort to return to power Haiti's first democratically elected - but violently overthrown - government. <br><br>Mr. Robinson was actively involved in efforts to expose the brutality of the Mengistu regime in Ethiopia, the corruption in Nigeria during that country's era of military dictatorships, and fought passionately to thwart US attempts to end the Caribbean's access to the European banana market by the mid-90's. <br><br>Randall Robinson is an author whose works include national best sellers (i) Defending the Spirit, (ii) The Debt - What America Owes to Blacks, (iii) The Reckoning - What Blacks Owe to Each Other, and (iv) Quitting America - The Departure of a Black Man From His Native Land. He is a graduate of Harvard Law School. Twenty-one universities have bestowed upon him honorary Ph.D's in recognition of the impact he has had on U.S. foreign policy. He is the recipient of numerous awards for his global humanitarian work, and among the organizations that have honored him thusly are the United Nations, the Congressional Black Caucus, Harvard University, Essence Magazine Awards Show, ABC-News Person of the Week, The Martin Luther King Center for Non-Violent Change, the NAACP, and Ebony Magazine Awards Show, to mention a few. <br><br>He has presented his views on US foreign policy as well as the role of race in America on ABC's "Nightline", CBS' "60 Minutes", NBC's "Today Show", CNN, C-Span and other American television programs. He lives in St. Kitts with his wife and daughter, where he continues to write. <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/randall-robinson/new-orleans_b_6643.html">www.huffingtonpost.com/ra..._6643.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
proldic

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Randall Robinson: Cannibalism In New Orleans

Postby Nonny » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:15 pm

I have a great deal of trouble with the first sentence... and therefore, the whole article.<br><br>"It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive"<br><br>It is reported?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Nonny

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Katrina and Aftermath