Profiting off of Katrina

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Profiting off of Katrina

Postby spyvsspy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:32 am

The latest at www.tbrnews.org from the Voice of the White House, indicates that major republican Bush supporters are frothing at the mouth at amount of profit to be made rebuilding NO. Reminds me of the contractor scene in F911 where they're discussing the profits to be made in Iraq.<br><br>Hmmm....<br>Halliburton, no-bid contract to rebuild infrastructure in NO.<br>I've read 60% don't have flood insurance, I hope they declare bankruptcy now. We may have a whole new class of indentured workers... or cannon fodder...<br><br>See any other profit motivators for the Bush supporters?<br><br>PS If anybody says God struck NO due to moral reasons, then you have to give equal credibility to scalar technology being used by others (including the shadow government), where was Cheney during this, at the control panel(?), just like in Crossing the Rubicon? <p></p><i></i>
spyvsspy

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Profiting off of Katrina

Postby dbeach » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:49 am

"Irony: This month's AAA Horizons Travel Magazine features New Orleans... <br> and an article on Flood Insurance."<br><br><br> <br>saw this at DU<br><br>SPYVS SPY . How is MAD mag? what me worry. why does bush look like alfred e. newman?? <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

forgot about eminent domain

Postby spyvsspy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:58 am

I wonder how people will be compensated for their property after it has been confiscated ("eminent domain") by the rebuilders of NO (Halliburton). Pre-Katrina value, or Post-Katrina value (flood damaged, toxic waste site). The dots seem to be connecting. Expect more disasters in the US, terrorism in the near future and possible financial collapse at the proper time. Marching forward to a new world order. Order out of Chaos. <p></p><i></i>
spyvsspy

Re: forgot about eminent domain

Postby dbeach » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:00 pm

wonder who AA will feature in their special travel destination next month? NO COINCIDENCEs. The elites like to mock their victims. <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

AAA not AA Sorry

Postby dbeach » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:05 pm

AA is where bush and most pols should go.<br><br>wonder if halbutton will rebuild NO???<br><br>My DU thread about the money transfers..<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4589998">www.democraticunderground...04x4589998</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

another profit source

Postby spyvsspy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:07 pm

It seems like sending cash to the Red Cross is being pimped left and right. By Bush, msm, and even my local employer will match my contributions, but only to red cross. Is this another money making machine for the Bush Crime Family? It seems pretty obvious to me. I believe Red Cross kept a very large percentage of 911 donations, and then said they were for the war effort. I wonder what the BCF cut is on every dollar you donate?<br><br>I suggest salvation army, catholic charities or others. Especially groups that will help refugees, establish new lifes. I also am wondering if the Red Cross is the only charity allowed on-site in NO. These dots seem to be getting bigger and bigger and easier to connect. <p></p><i></i>
spyvsspy

Re: another profit source

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:58 pm

The Salvation Army is the one that spent a million dollars on a PR firm to argue against the law that prevented them from discriminating against gays, I THINK it was, in their hiring. I haven't given them a dime since then. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Re: Salvation Army

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:37 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/jul2001/fait-j23.shtml">www.wsws.org/articles/200...-j23.shtml</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"...The Salvation Army hires gay people, but rejects them for the ministry. According to a spokesman for the church group, it opposes granting domestic partnership benefits “whether for homosexual or unmarried heterosexual couples” on the grounds that sex outside of marriage is immoral. In 1999 the Salvation Army forfeited a $3.5 million contract to provide free meals to AIDS patients in San Francisco rather than comply with an order by the San Francisco Human Rights Commission to provide domestic partnership benefits.<br><br>The Salvation Army saw an opportunity in the Bush “faith-based initiative” to gain federal sanction for its bigotry. The church leaders hired several high-powered Washington lobbyists to press its case, including Stephen M. Minikes, a member of the Bush election campaign’s “Pioneers”—those who raised at least $100,000 apiece for the Republican candidate—and Mark Holman, former chief of staff to Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge and a longtime personal friend of Bush political counselor Karl Rove.<br><br>Minikes’ lobbying firm, Thelen Reid & Priest, is on a $25,000-a-month contract with the Salvation Army, while Holman’s law firm, Blank, Rome, Comisky & McCauley, was described in the Salvation Army report as the church’s “direct liaison with the White House staff.”<br><br>According to the Salvation Army documents, Karl Rove was the first White House official contacted in the campaign to strengthen the church’s right to discriminate against gays and unmarried couples, followed by Don E. Eberly, the deputy director of the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives. Salvation Army leaders then met personally with President Bush.<br><br>Eberly promised the church that if the Salvation Army supported the legislation incorporating the faith-based initiative, the Bush administration would issue a regulation by executive order enabling it to practice anti-gay bias in the workplace...."<br> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Return to Katrina and Aftermath