Mayor Nagin Says He Fears Poisoning By CIA

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Mayor Nagin Says He Fears Poisoning By CIA

Postby proldic » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:23 pm

" If the CIA slips me something and next week you don't see me, you'll all know what happened "<br> <br> - New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin <br><br>Monterey Herald Sat, Sep. 03, 2005 <br> <br>New Orleans mayor calm after Bush meeting<br><br>BRETT MARTEL - Associated Press<br><br>The cursing had stopped. The tears were gone. Mayor Ray Nagin returned from his meeting with President Bush on Friday a picture of calm...<br><br>"I feel much better. I feel like we've gotten everyone's attention and hopefully they'll continue to do what they're doing," Nagin said from the downtown Hyatt hotel, his temporary lodgings and command post since Hurricane Katrina slammed into the Big Easy.<br><br>"I'm cautiously optimistic. I want to see it happen (Saturday). I want to see it happen next week. Then, when I see consistency of delivery, I'll feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel."<br><br>His comments came a day after he broke into tears during a radio interview and told the federal officials to "get off your asses and let's do something."<br><br>By nightfall Friday, his tone had changed.<br><br>"Today was a turning point, I think," he said. "My philosophy is never get too high, never get too low. ... I always try to keep my emotions in check and yesterday I kind of went off a little bit. I was worried about that, but it maybe worked out. I don't know. If the CIA slips me something and next week you don't see me, you'll all know what happened."<br><br>Nagin said Bush gave him a "hearty" greeting and did not seem offended by his public outburst.<br><br>"I do think the pleas for help basically got the nation's attention, and the nation's attention got everybody to stop and re-evaluate what was going on, including the president. ... He basically said, 'Look, our response was not what it should have been and we're going to fix it right now.'"<br><br>Nagin said evacuation has been hampered by officials' difficulty grasping where state authority ends and federal authority begins and he said he urged the president and Gov. Kathleen Blanco to sort it out.<br><br>The mayor asked Bush to focus first on helping New Orleans with law enforcement, finishing the evacuation and draining the flood waters.<br><br>Nagin said New Orleans also needs crop dusters to spray for disease-spreading mosquitos hatching from the sewage- and chemical-laden flood waters. He also noted the city has two weeks of cash flow left.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/news/breaking_news/12552588.htm">www.montereyherald.com/ml...552588.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <br> <br> <p></p><i></i>
proldic

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Mayor Nagin Says He Fears Poisoning By CIA

Postby Dreams End » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:30 pm

Where did the CIA quote come from? It's not linked.<br><br>I made a sarcastic comment about Nagin after he backed off and meant to go back and correct it, as the possibility that he was threatened or pressured is quite likely. I'll use this spot to correct my earlier, hasty comment.<br><br>I had said earlier that I hope they start attacking Nagin's character because if that approach can't work, they will have to kill him. So your quote is a little scary. However, I'd still like to know where it came from. One of the earlier interviews? <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

read down to the middle...

Postby proldic » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:33 pm

"...His comments came a day after he broke into tears during a radio interview and told the federal officials to "get off your asses and let's do something."<br><br>By nightfall Friday, his tone had changed.<br><br>"Today was a turning point, I think," he said. "My philosophy is never get too high, never get too low. ... I always try to keep my emotions in check and yesterday I kind of went off a little bit. I was worried about that, but it maybe worked out. I don't know. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>If the CIA slips me something and next week you don't see me, you'll all know what happened</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->."<br><br>Nagin said Bush gave him a "hearty" greeting and did not seem offended by his public outburst.<br> <p></p><i></i>
proldic

Nagin said Bush gave him a "hearty" greeting

Postby greencrow0 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:12 pm

Nagin said Bush gave him a "hearty" greeting <br><br>Doesn't mean nothing with the neoCons...what about the photo of the hearty greeting Rumsfeld gave Saddam?<br><br>These guys are phony baloneys through and through. They'll shake your hand and stab you in the back at the same time. My take is that Nagin better not get too 'uppity'...so's his people think of him as a leader, especially nationally, or the Rovians will start a personal attack...his sexuality, whatever. They don't want the blacks to have a legitimate leader....that's not on the take.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Re: Nagin said Bush gave him a "hearty" greeting

Postby Dreams End » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:08 pm

Sorry Proldic...I stupidly assumed these comments could not have been within his "pro Bush" remarks. What a weird juxtaposition of comments. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

He said it again!

Postby Qutb » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:52 pm

From DU:<br><br>whoah, Nagin just on CNN. <br><br>"i'm trying to get all the resources to get these people help. I'm screaming at the governor; i'm screaming at the *, and i won't stop until everyone is safe. the CIA could come in here and wipe me out in any minute, but i'm not stopping until everyone is safe."<br><br>thought that might support some people's contentions that Nagin looked "worked over" after meeting with * yesterday.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4612799">www.democraticunderground...04x4612799</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:black;font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;"><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Qutb means "axis," "pole," "the center," which contains the periphery or is present in it. The qutb is a spiritual being, or function, which can reside in a human being or several human beings or a moment. It is the elusive mystery of how the divine gets delegated into the manifest world and obviously cannot be defined.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=qutb>Qutb</A> at: 9/3/05 8:14 pm<br></i>
Qutb

Nothing like that'll happen

Postby ARV » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:02 am

I don't think that he'll be assassinated by the company. I do think that they will use him as a scapegoat for every problem going on in the affected areas.<br><br>Fema and the feds failed to act in more that one place. They failed to act in the entire region. Tens of thousands will be dead in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. The feds will have better control in supressing the number dead in MS and AL. So far, they are claiming only 146 dead in MS--but remember that Anderson Cooper reported that a hospital in Waveland cannot account for over 200 employees. <br><br>The feds are scrambling to cover Bush's ass and incompetency. The talking points that they are circulating are that Nagin and Blanco are to blame for everything. The media is starting to see through the spin, but it may be too late. <br><br>Nagin needs to stay alive in order to shield Bush from any kind of judgement. If he were to mysteriously die there would be more suspicion cast on Bush. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
ARV

Not the point

Postby proldic » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:06 pm

I don't think my point by posting was meant to say it was <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>going</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> to happen, in fact I agree, it probably won't now. He's better alive as a scapegoat, as you say. Was there ever a <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>strong</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> chance of it? I don't know.<br><br>It's obvious to me that <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>the Mayor</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> thought at least at one point in time that it was a possibility. Was he that scared of Bush that he actually considered the idea that Bush would be able to wack him and get away with it? <br><br>With that second quote from him, it's clear that it wasn't meant as hyperbole. Definite conscious self-protective behaviour, in the guise of a very public nervous joke. <br><br>In that light, I think it's very significant.<br><br>Secondly, and more importantly, it gives the lie to all the David Corns, Michael Alberts, Noam Chomskys, Norman Solomons, Democracy Nows!, and what have you, in that it reveals the reality that political assasination -- or at least the nervous possibility of it -- is still used as a tool of political control in the US, and is a open dirty secret among those "in the know" in the beltway.<br><br>It's just not talked about with the "commoners". <br><br>After all, they wouldn't be able to handle the inevitability -- even necessity -- of it, as a vital disguised "check", and integral part of our capitalism+democracy experiment. <br><br>As a broad cross-spectrum of our governing and philosophical elites and their intellectual lackeys seem to have tacitly agreed. <p></p><i></i>
proldic

nagin

Postby human » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:22 pm

i think nagin is probably a classic new orleans politician.<br><br>meaning, hes a corrupt liar.<br><br>and in that respect, i think he knows things.<br><br>when he flipped out on the radio, he talked about the drug situation in N.O.<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"And one of the things people -- nobody's talked about this. Drugs flowed in and out of New Orleans and the surrounding metropolitan area so freely it was scary to me, and that's why we were having the escalation in murders. People don't want to talk about this, but I'm going to talk about it.<br><br>You have drug addicts that are now walking around this city looking for a fix, and that's the reason why they were breaking in hospitals and drugstores. They're looking for something to take the edge off of their jones, if you will.<br><br>And right now, they don't have anything to take the edge off. And they've probably found guns. So what you're seeing is drug-starving crazy addicts, drug addicts, that are wrecking havoc. And we don't have the manpower to adequately deal with it. We can only target certain sections of the city and form a perimeter around them and hope to God that we're not overrun."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Source:<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02/nagin.transcript/index.html">www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02...index.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>and then after meating with Bush, Bsh during a press conference said:<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"Here's what I believe. I believe that the great city of New Orleans will rise again and be a greater city of New Orleans. (Applause.) I believe the town <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>where I used to come from, Houston, Texas, to enjoy myself -- occasionally too much -- (laughter) --</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> will be that very same town, that it will be a better place to come to. That's what I believe. I believe the great state of Louisiana will get its feet back and become a vital contributor to the country."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Source:<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/09/20050902-8.html">www.whitehouse.gov/news/r...902-8.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>the guy who made the most "laughter" was nagin...<br><br><br><br>i think that Nagin talking about the drg sitation was a threat.<br><br>kinda along the lines, okay this has gone far enough, stop fucking around, you guys cant be serious about just letting everyone die...... Nagin pulled out his extortion card. and good for him, on that level, but fuck him because hes obviously a tool.<br><br>one<br>human? <p></p><i></i>
human

well,

Postby proldic » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:43 pm

good for him as far as our lives are concerned... <p></p><i></i>
proldic

Return to Katrina and Aftermath