Clinton/Bush Katrina fund

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Clinton/Bush Katrina fund

Postby dbeach » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:56 am

Give til it hurts..Wonder where they hide the loot??<br><br>Nice photo of the new father /adopted son bank robbing team<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050905/ap_on_go_pr_wh/katrina_former_presidents_4">news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=...esidents_4</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>"HOUSTON - Former Presidents Bush and Clinton said Monday they are ready to help Hurricane Katrina victims through a new fund similar to the one they spearheaded after the Asian tsunami. <br><br> <br>"We're most anxious to roll up our sleeves and get to work," Bush said. "It will take all of us working together to accomplish our goal."<br><br>Bush and Clinton later visited with hurricane refugees who are staying in the stadium complex that includes the Astrodome.<br><br>Among the various corporations and other organizations that have so far pledged donations to the Bush-Clinton Katrina Fund are Wal-Mart and the Walton Family Foundation, which has given $23 million. Other major sponsors include Microsoft, Dillard's Inc., Nike and the Trump Group.<br><br>"I should say that nothing we do can be an adequate response to the agony we've seen," Clinton said. "I am grateful to all the folks who have given."<br><br>Clinton said he and Bush decided to head this new fund not because there was a fear the federal government has not been doing its part to help victims, but to fill in the gaps in government assistance and "help people who would otherwise be overlooked."<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Katrina and Aftermath