Rove in charge of Katrina Reconstruction Effort (no kidding)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Rove in charge of Katrina Reconstruction Effort (no kidding)

Postby Qutb » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:19 pm

NY Times: Karl Rove in charge of Katrina Reconstruction Effort <br> Too horrible to be made up!<br><br>Who's in Charge? Karl Rove! By Dan Froomkin Special to washingtonpost.com Thursday, September 15, 2005; 12:00 PM<br><br>All you really need to know about the White House's post-Katrina strategy -- and Bush's carefully choreographed address on national television tonight -- is this little tidbit from the ninth paragraph of Elisabeth Bumiller and Richard W. Stevenson 's story in the New York Times this morning:<br><br>"Republicans said Karl Rove, the White House deputy chief of staff and Mr. Bush's chief political adviser, was in charge of the reconstruction effort."<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x1783577" target="top">Democratic Underground</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:black;font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;"><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Qutb means "axis," "pole," "the center," which contains the periphery or is present in it. The qutb is a spiritual being, or function, which can reside in a human being or several human beings or a moment. It is the elusive mystery of how the divine gets delegated into the manifest world and obviously cannot be defined.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br></p><i></i>
Qutb

Blog: View Blog (0)

Oh dear...

Postby DrDebugDU » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:23 pm

I don't like the sound of that. Mr. Direct Mail Kkkarl Rove - master manipulator, prince of darkness - actually in charge of rebuilding a city.<br><br>What is New Orleans going to become? Las Vegas on the Mississippi?? Let's replace the Cajun restaurants with McDonalds?? Bbbbrrrrrrrrr.... <p></p><i></i>
DrDebugDU

Why is a political strategist

Postby Fearless » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:28 pm

put in charge of the reconstruction?<br><br>I don't get it. I guess I just don't think like criminals. <p></p><i></i>
Fearless

Re: Why is a political strategist

Postby dbeach » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:34 pm

Las Vegas LA .<br><br>brought to U by the" Witchking"....aka kkkarl rover<br><br>Its bingo for the croonies and bankruptcy for the middle class. <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Re: Rove in charge of Katrina Reconstruction Effort (no kidd

Postby chiggerbit » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:44 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.spacedaily.com/news/shuttle-05zzzzn.html">www.spacedaily.com/news/s...zzzzn.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Big business gets back on line

Postby marykmusic » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:30 pm

The people will be housed in thousands of mobile homes, I heard today on NPR. The most important folks will get a place to live first, like those who work in important industries (such as tourism.) --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Return to Katrina and Aftermath