Any explaining this Rita radar?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Microwave Footage Altered

Postby heath7 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:39 am

The animation at the link that JackFrost gave starts at 12:00 September 23. The still in Jeff's blog article, with the Five fingers, is stamped 11:00 September 23, and the cyberspaceorbit.com still, again with the five fingers, is from 10:15 September 23. Wasn't the anomaly gone by the 12:00 time-stamp beginning the above animation?<br><br>And if it was gone by 12:00, is what we have here the animation clipped to begin right after the fingers faded away? <br><br>Will the cimss.ssec.wisc.edu website allow the loop to begin earlier? I'd check myself, but I'm clueless as to how you guys found the animations in the first place.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
heath7

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Microwave Footage Altered

Postby heath7 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:41 pm

I apologise for the gratuitous bump, but does anybody know more about this? Did the radar animation really get scrubbed? <p></p><i></i>
heath7

Scrubbed Rita Images

Postby JackFrost23 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:07 pm

No one seems to have any idea who changed the animation or why...<br><br>All I know is that it certainly doesn't do anything to lessen the suspicious nature of those 'fingers'...<br><br>I also find it interesting that the 'fingers' are removed, but the long, red streak at the end of the animation is still present - something that in and of itself is very strange.<br><br>It's interesting that right after that line shoots across the image, the hurricane seems to completely dissipate.<br><br>Anyone know anything about that, too? <p></p><i></i>
JackFrost23

Previous

Return to Katrina and Aftermath