Spike Lee to Blame US Government In New Katrina Film

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Spike Lee to Blame US Government In New Katrina Film

Postby proldic » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:52 am

Guardian UK Tuesday October 18, 2005<br><br>by Paul Arendt<br><br>Film-maker Spike Lee is planning to shoot a documentary about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. Lee's film, tentatively titled When the Levee Broke, is expected to tackle the US administration's heavily criticised handling of the disaster. <br><br>US cable channel HBO is producing the documentary, which Lee wants to complete in time for the first anniversary of the floods.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>No stranger to controversy, Lee has already stated his suspicion that the authorities were somehow involved in the flooding. Asked about conspiracy theories during an appearance on CNN, he said: "I don't put anything past the United States government. I don't find it too far-fetched that they tried to displace all the black people out of New Orleans."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->...<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,12589,1594814,00.html">film.guardian.co.uk/news/...14,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
proldic

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Katrina and Aftermath