Florida eats it's young..

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Florida eats it's young..

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:24 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/breaking_news/14752222.htm">www.bradenton.com/mld/bra...752222.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>MIAMI - When the disappearance of a 5-year-old girl from her Miami foster home four years ago went unnoticed for months, the ensuing scandal that engulfed Florida's child-welfare agency led to recriminations and promises of beefed-up efforts to track down children who went missing from state care.<br><br>A few months later, Gov. Jeb Bush and his social-services chief declared "success," saying the state had found all but 102 of about 400 foster children who had gone missing.<br><br>That was Dec. 17, 2002.<br><br>Yet as of Monday, the number of kids missing from the state's troubled child-welfare system has skyrocketed to 652, most of them runaway teens and youngsters snatched from foster care by their biological parents. The number of missing kids has risen even as the number of kids in state care has declined.<br>_________________________________________<br><br>It sucks to see my home town publish this sort of shit.. <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Florida eats it's young..

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:26 pm

oops, nomo beat me to it. Jeff, go ahead and delete this one if you want. <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Re: Florida eats it's young..

Postby professorpan » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:51 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>It sucks to see my home town publish this sort of shit.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Why is it shit? Seems to point the finger at Jeb's hypocritical "mission accomplished" re: missing children.<br><br>What am I missing? <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Shit

Postby nomo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:11 pm

Maybe the "shit" in question refers to the facts of the story, not the story itself?<br><br>(And by all means, keep the discussion here. Your thread has a better title.)<br> <p></p><i></i>
nomo

Re: Shit

Postby professorpan » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:27 pm

The facts of how many kids are listed as missing? Or the explanations of what happens to them? <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:28 pm

It can't be that hard to understand why I'm upset about the story..First and foremost why would I feel anything but grief at all these children gone missing? <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby professorpan » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:55 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>It can't be that hard to understand why I'm upset about the story..First and foremost why would I feel anything but grief at all these children gone missing?<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Sorry, Arcadia, I was only asking why you said the article was "shit." Of course it's understandable you're outraged and upset. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:27 am

No worries, the fault's mine for poor communication. Miami was a beautiful place to grow up in, but the predation was something I experienced once or twice myself and can vouche for. Thankfully I didn't end up as one of these kids did.. <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

similar events

Postby blanc » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:59 am

There was a similar appalled reaction when after a murder case in the UK (West) it was found that many children disappear from "care" - i.e. childrens' homes , without anyone batting an eyelid.<br><br>On a related point, NCS asked for help from immigration to identify the numerous children who enter the uk unaccompanied and was told not enough manpower.<br><br>Yet, in the course of reporting to police ra allegations, the response "no child has gone missing in xville" is frequently used to discount the victim's testimony and close investigation.<br><br>We (western developed nations) take more care of cars than of children. <p></p><i></i>
blanc

Return to Paedophilia and Fascist Sexuality