Karr Is Not Being Charged

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: ripples on a pond

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:27 am

I've read on one of the many links posted here that it is highly unusual for intruder-type murders to actually occur in the child's own home, that the child is almost always removed first. What strikes me about Karr is his obsession with the whole case, but particularly his attempting to connect up personally with the family, with Patsy before she died. I could see that kind of obsessed person feeling as if conducting this atrocity in the family home would be "intimate", which is what Karr appears to have been attempting with his pushing for contact--intimacy. Creepy!<br><br>I still want to see what the handwriting analyst says. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:09 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>What strikes me about Karr is his obsession with the whole case, but particularly his attempting to connect up personally with the family, with Patsy before she died. I could see that kind of obsessed person feeling as if conducting this atrocity in the family home would be "intimate", which is what Karr appears to have been attempting with his pushing for contact--intimacy. Creepy!<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Why not try looking at it this way:<br><br>Say you have a person, right? Even a really screwed up one, let's say. Now..This person is all banged up and fails at everything he's *supposed* to succeed at in the manufactured, indoctrinated American Dream. <br><br>He never quite makes the grade, BUT..<br><br>He still has desire to succeed at _something_<br><br>So a person like that might latch onto something evil. wicked, mean and nasty. Not because he IS Evil, Wicked, Mean, and Nasty, but becuase he's failed at everything else and is STILL trying to succeed at something..anything..<br><br>I don't empathize <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>AT ALL</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->, but I can at least partyially understand why an innocent person would seek to be assigned notoriety for something they failed to commit themselves..<br><br>And when you have people <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>THIS</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> sick, it's US, collectively, that have failed..<br><br>We create our own Demons. <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby sunny » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:25 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>DE, if you've seen the autopsy report, can you tell me if they could determine whether the blow came before or after the strangulation?<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>I'll answer that, if you don't mind. The autopsy report really does not make a judgement, but Wecht puts forward the opinion that JonBenet was dead or near death when the blow to her head occured, as there was only a very small amount of bleeding from the wound, which would indicate a heart that is stopped or nearly so. (btw, the scalp was not lacerated at all) <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Karr Is Not Being Charged

Postby bvonahsen » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:28 am

One motive for confessing to a crime you didn't commit.<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.munchausen.com/"><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Munchausen syndrome:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> </a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> I am a psychiatrist and author from Birmingham, Alabama. MUNCHAUSEN SYNDROME is the most severe and chronic form of my area of specialty, the FACTITIOUS DISORDERS. I am an expert in MALINGERING as well (in which people do the same thing, but for external gain such as narcotics). Factitious disorders are well-recognized among psychiatrists, but they have not received the attention--or advocacy among consumers, families, and professionals--that have greeted more common ailments such as depression. However, factitious disorders can be every bit as disabling and further public and professional education are vital.<br><br>People with factitious disorders feign, exaggerate, or actually self-induce illnesses. Their aim? To assume the status of "patient," and thereby to win attention, nurturance, and lenience that they feel unable to obtain in any other way. Unlike individuals who "malinger," people with factitious disorders are not primarily seeking external gains such as disability payments or narcotic drugs--though they may receive them nonetheless. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Previous

Return to Paedophilia and Fascist Sexuality