Suit claims Arabs kidnapped boys to jockey camels

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Suit claims Arabs kidnapped boys to jockey camels

Postby darkbeforedawn » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:26 pm

<br>-------------------------------------------------------From Yahoo news:-------------------------<br><br> Suit claims UAE rulers enslaved boys By MATT SEDENSKY, Associated Press Writer <br>Wed Sep 13, 9:01 PM ET<br> <br><br><br>MIAMI - Rulers of the United Arab Emirates were accused in a lawsuit of enslaving tens of thousands of boys over three decades and forcing them to work as jockeys in the popular sport of camel racing. <br><br>ADVERTISEMENT<br> <br>The lawsuit was filed last week by unnamed parents of boys suspected of being abducted, sold and enslaved. They claim more than 30,000 boys could have been victimized and seek class-action status.<br><br>The lawsuit alleges Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, the crown prince of Dubai, and Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid al Maktoum, the deputy ruler, were the most active perpetrators.<br><br>The lawsuit was filed in Miami because the members of the royal family maintain hundreds of horses at farms in Ocala. The suit seeks unspecified damages.<br><br>Calls to the United Arab Emirates embassy in Washington, D.C., were not answered and it was not possible to leave a telephone message after hours. A telephone message left at a Kentucky farm owned by the crown prince was not returned.<br><br>John Andres Thornton, co-counsel for the children, said the crown prince was served with the lawsuit Monday while buying horses in Kentucky.<br><br>The lawsuit claims the boys were taken largely from Bangladesh and Pakistan, were held at desert camps in the UAE and other Persian Gulf nations, and forced to work. It claims some boys were sexually abused, given limited food and sleep and injected with hormones to prevent their growth.<br><br>Camel races are immensely popular in the Persian Gulf. The UAE banned the use of children as jockeys — long favored because of their light weight — in 1993, but young boys could still be seen riding in televised races for years afterward.<br><br><br>Email Story IM Story Discuss Printable View <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

this is why they built the robot camel jockeys!

Postby Corvidaerex » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:16 pm

Strange but true.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0715_050715_robot_jockey.html">news.nationalgeographic.c...ockey.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.11/camel.html">www.wired.com/wired/archi...camel.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>I thought this was additionally interesting because of the robots vs. slaves aspect. The UN and human rights groups were satisfied that robots were now used instead of human boys. <p></p><i></i>
Corvidaerex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: this is why they built the robot camel jockeys!

Postby chiggerbit » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:51 pm

Dubai is the country that owned the company that Bush wanted to sell our ports operations to.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/21/port.security/">www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS....security/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Paedophilia and Fascist Sexuality