Wonder what this guy was about to reveal?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Wonder what this guy was about to reveal?

Postby sunny » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:05 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro/20060927-054303-9103r.htm">www.washingtontimes.com/m...-9103r.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>(just a reminder that the Washington Times broke the infamous "call boy" scandal)<br><br>Times employee arrested in sting<br>September 27, 2006 <br><br><br>THE WASHINGTON TIMES <br> Metropolitan Police today charged the director of human resources at The Washington Times with one count of attempting to entice a minor on the Internet. <br> Randall Casseday, 53, was arrested at 9:45 p.m. yesterday in the 1300 block of Brentwood Road NE, where police said he had arranged to meet who he thought was a 13-year-old girl. He had actually exchanged Internet messages and photographs with a male police officer posing as a girl. <br> "When he went there, he was met by police," police spokesman Sgt. Joe Gentile said. <br> As set out in an affidavit filed in U.S. District Court today, Mr. Casseday, whose home address was listed in the unit block of Manner House Drive in Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., initiated a conversation with the undercover officer in an online chat room. <br> The officer identified himself as a 13-year-old girl in the District, and Mr. Casseday identified himself as a 53-year-old man who usually lives in New York but was spending time in the District, the affidavit states. <br> The conversation included discussion of an explicit sexual nature. <br> In the course of the conversation, Mr. Casseday sent via e-mail several graphic photographs of himself, and the police officer sent him a photograph described in the complaint as of "a young child in a bathing suit." The two agreed to meet at 9:30 p.m. <br> Brian Bauman, a spokesman for The Washington Times, said that Mr. Casseday had been suspended without pay pending the results of the investigation. <br> "The Washington Times strictly prohibits any illegal activities on our property," Mr. Bauman said. "This is a law-enforcement matter and we are cooperating with officials to the best of our abilities and it would be inappropriate to comment any further since it is in the process of investigation." <br> It is not clear from the affidavit whether the online conversation took place on company property or on a company-owned computer. <br> Lt. Patricia Williams, head of the police department's Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, declined to discuss the specifics of the case because it is still under investigation. <br> Lt. Williams said the four-officer task force has been conducting active undercover investigations since May. Police have made nine arrests of persons going online and arranging to meet minors for the purpose of engaging in sexual relations. <br> She said that in all cases the persons charged with the offenses have initiated the conversations and requested the meetings. "We will not encourage, we will not start or initiate a sex conversation," Lt. Williams said. <br> Federal law prohibits using the Internet to entice a minor to engage in sexual activity and carries a mandatory minimum sentence of five years in federal prison without parole and a maximum sentence of 30 years in federal prison without parole. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Wash Times is a moonie hive front.

Postby DBtv » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:09 pm

Perhaps the alleged perp had inside info on the Times' propaganda machine and was deemed a risk of spilling the beans. <p></p><i></i>
DBtv

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Wonder what this guy was about to reveal?

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:00 pm

As the director of human resources it's unlikely he was about reval any news. Whatever it was I don't want to see it. <p></p><i></i>
Seamus OBlimey

Postby wintler » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:55 pm

<br>"Wonder what this guy was about to reveal?"<br><br>WTF?! Because adult males never entice minors out of their own selfish and dysfunctional desires? <br><br>Do you have some other explanation for the reported behaviour of this 53y.o male? Either i'm having a bad day or theres alot of stupidity on RI today.<br><br>I'm entirely happy for cops to pose as literal jail bait, tho treatment and rehabilitation should feature much larger in sentancing. <p></p><i></i>
wintler

Re: Wash Times is a moonie hive front.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:10 pm

Yup. And a director of human resources would know who was who.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>It is not clear from the affidavit whether the online conversation took place on company property or on a company-owned computer.<br>Lt. Patricia Williams, head of the police department's Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, declined to discuss the specifics of the case because it is still under investigation.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>No way to tell which kind of 'attempted whistleblowing' was at play here.<br><br>I think it is very rational to wonder if a media report about police activity involving someone in 'a position to know' things is what it seems or a discrediting move.<br><br>Especially these days. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: Wash Times is a moonie hive front.

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:23 pm

Remember when the news was breaking about Jeff Gannon's "press" credentials, then Gonzo's suicide, which led to the old 1989 Washington Times series on the callboy ring visiting the White House resurfacing? Was that about Feb/March last year? One of the Washington Times authors of that 1989 series was Paul M. Rodriguez, who later wrote for Moon's Insight Magazine, or something like that. Well, the Gannon news and the old call boy series had no more than got some good traction on the internet when Rodriguez was announcing he was leaving Insight to take a sabbatical. I always thought there was some inside story there. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby Carfuffle » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:38 pm

There is a pretty good sized article in the Oct 9 copy of The Nation about turmoil at The Washington Times "Hell of a Times". I was just skimming it before I logged in here and found this post.<br><br>I wouldn't be surprised if this deal with the HR guy was a set up.<br><br>[link=http://www.thenation.com/doc/20061009/washington_times]<br>www.thenation.com/doc/20061009/washington_times[/link]<br><br>"A nasty succession battle is now heating up at the paper, punctuated by allegations of racism, sexism and unprofessional conduct, that has implications far beyond its fractious newsroom."<br><br>First time posting here. Been lurking in these pages for a year or so. A rousing "hi" to everyone here - feel like I know you all :) <p></p><i></i>
Carfuffle

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:03 pm

Holy Moon-shit!!<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Both Coombs and Pruden, meanwhile, are facing a litany of complaints from former and current colleagues of racism and sexual harassment. More than a dozen well-placed sources spoke to The Nation. Many wished to remain anonymous, for fear of jeopardizing their jobs. Others spoke on the record. But the sources are consistent about the atmosphere Pruden and Coombs have fostered inside the paper, which they describe as profoundly demeaning and abusive to women and minorities. Preston Moon has hired the powerhouse Washington law firm Nixon Peabody to interview Times staffers about the allegations of racism and sexism. <br><br>Approaching his seventieth birthday, Pruden is described by several sources as an "absentee landlord" who has tacitly handed control over to Coombs. Now Coombs is driving the paper to the far shores of the right. Southern Poverty Law Center Intelligence Project executive director Mark Potok credits the Times with helping to fuel the nativism that has taken hold this year in Republican political campaigns. "The Times is a terrible little newspaper that unfortunately has vastly disproportionate influence on the right wing of the Republican Party," Potok said. "The vast majority of people who read it don't realize that this paper is in bed with bigots and white supremacists. The Times is a key part of the radical right's apparatus in the United States." <br><br>Pruden and Coombs have stonewalled Preston Moon's investigation <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>and threatened to hold a public news conference, during which they would denounce "the crazy Moonies" and claim that Preston Moon and his father are pressuring them to inject pro-Unification Church propaganda into the paper's coverage, according to a senior newsroom staffer.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Times president Douglas D.M. Joo is backing Coombs and Pruden to the bitter end. Joo is a business rival of Preston Moon who, the senior staffer says, would be stripped of his post at the Times and redeployed to Korea if Pruden and Coombs go down. "This is a cancer that goes all the way to the top," the senior staffer said of the paper's tolerance of bigotry. "And if you don't root out the cancer, it will kill you. If this ever got out to the mainstream press, we would be finished as a paper."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>And thanks, newbie-poster Carfuffle. This is very interesting news. Sounds almost like Preston Moon is trying to modify the Times, and the other two are saying, "If you do, we will reveal our secrets about your father's organization".<br><br>Whatever the result, it seems obvious that the newspaper cannot afford to continue to eat revenues at the rate it does without the paper beginning to earn more of its keep. Or are the pockets really that deep?<br><br>I can't believe I'm saying this, but I almost hope that Preston Moon wins the arm wrestle. (Damn, I can't believe I said that. Did I say that? Damn! That can't really be me.)<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 9/28/06 9:23 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:40 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"The vast majority of people who read it don't realize that this paper is in bed with bigots and white supremacists. The Times is a key part of the radical right's apparatus in the United States." <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>The WTimes is used as an entrance ramp for disinformation and political smears by the rest of the Operation Mockingbird press.<br><br>Just before the (s)election 2006 season goes into high gear a warning shot is fired over everyone's bow to prevent losing control of the news cycle.<br><br>"We have the power to turn any whistleblowers into untouchables on their way to jail as paedophiles and a permanent electronic tracking collar enforced by NSA-DARPA monitoring."<br><br>Yes they can and yes they do.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby wintler » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:00 am

I didn't know there was so much going down at the Wa.Times, isn't it great when they go for each other?<br><br>I still think presuming setup without any specific basis is ridiculous. <p></p><i></i>
wintler

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:12 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I still think presuming setup without any specific basis is ridiculous.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>With the barely contained behind-the-scenes tussle going on I think the setup scenario is atleast as likely as the face value paedophile story.<br><br>Presuming a press report is accurate "without any specific basis" is unwise today. Sad but true. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

publicity

Postby blanc » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:06 am

just mentioning that not every arrest of every paedophile gets into the news - even when (especially when?) the suspect is well placed. I'm thinking of a specific instance here, where the arrest of a high profile offender, for alleged paedophile agressions of a far more serious nature, simply did not appear in the press, despite a well respected journalist who has a track record for investigating abuse of office by predators, and who is on the staff of a major newspaper, being aware in advance of the impending arrest and having the article all nice and ready to bung in. this makes me think that there could be rather more of an agenda here, and being suspicious is reasonable. as usual, it cuts every which way. <p></p><i></i>
blanc

Postby chiggerbit » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:03 pm

Oh, my. So many scandals involving right-wingers. Is this the "coup" that Wayne Madsen keeps talking about? A coup of revelations?<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.iapprovethismessiah.com/">www.iapprovethismessiah.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Dateline -- northeast Washington, cradle of the Washington Times and thus regional epicenter of family values. Randall Casseday, the paper's human resource director, has just been nabbed on the<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong> allegation of e-mailing pictures of his "love organ" to a cop he mistook for a bathing beauty aged 13, with whom he planned to meet.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>Sources at the paper are telling reporter Max Blumenthal that Casseday's role at the Times was that of human broom for sexual harassment complaints. Among the most sensational were claims directed at editor Fran Coombs, who is also quoted in Max's Nation story as the newsroom's outspoken commentator on race, his sensibilities wounded by the "niggerfication of America." Coombs is still on the payroll of Reverend Moon, who is compared to Martin Luther King by his followers. <br><br>Previously, Casseday worked at the Messiah's pistol company, Kahr Arms.<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 10/2/06 9:07 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Return to Paedophilia and Fascist Sexuality