More Satanic allegations from California

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Richard Hamlin and the Church

Postby Bradley Mason Hamlin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:14 pm

Richard is representing himself because his first lawyer volunteered but wasn't doing any work. Richard does not have the funds to hire a new lawyer. His pratice is gone and his house is sold. He's broke. Being that he is a criminal defense attorney he decided to take it on himself, but he also has a co-counsel: Robert Banning. <p></p><i></i>
Bradley Mason Hamlin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby FourthBase » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:23 pm

If there's a slap sound it could be him slapping himself in the head in frustration, her slapping herself for whatever reason, her slapping him, or him slapping her. Slap sounds are useless evidence unless there's a context, like him apologizing to her explicitly for slapping her, etc. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Postby Dreams End » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:29 pm

wow. Well, I did google the church. I haven't found out very much, however. It is one of the most generic church websites I've ever seen. Nothing specific about anything, including the background of the ministers. All the descriptions are really generic. It's almost like a church website template. I'll chalk that up to bad web design for now.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.shadowridgechurch.com/">www.shadowridgechurch.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Nondenominational. <br><br><br>(As an aside, if I had a dollar for every church that advertised as "not your typical church" I'd fly to California myself to investigate all this.)<br><br>The diaries would seem key. One thing that might be interesting would be to have a look at the diaries. who manufactured them? It would be good to be prepared and have some info from the manufacturers that said, "yes, this design was available after 2001 but only till 2004" or something. That would rule out all of the diaries having been written around the same time. That may be impossible, especially if the diaries themselves are of unremarkable design.<br><br>Backing up a bit. Susan was talking about this stuff before you broke off contact with Richard, or are you getting all this from Richard? <br><br>And as to why Richard did anything he did..well, either he did them for exactly the reasons he claimed or he's mentally ill. I dont' think there's an in between here. I agree that the suing angle is not a strong one. He's a lawyer and had to know how the flyers would affect his case. They make him look a little batty, actually. And the testimony of the kids also shows the behavior of someone who is mentally ill. <br><br>I haven't looked into it too closely, but is such "handwriting analysis" as you describe even admitted in court. I don't know how one could determine "coercion" through such analysis. You can't even admit polygraph testimony, so this seems a shaky peg to hang his hat on.<br><br>Interestingly, the articles I read show that both kids have taken the stands. I see nothing mentioned of cross-examination. Was there some? Did Richard do it or let his co-counsel do it (the appropriate approach in my view.) <br><br>Sorry for so many questions. Obviously I'm very interested in this case. You might check Jeff's blog entry for today, if you haven't already. Very relevant.<br><br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby israelirealities » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:35 pm

is possible that he too was used by the same people who are her father's friends ? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=israelirealities@rigorousintuition>israelirealities</A> at: 11/10/05 4:03 pm<br></i>
israelirealities

Postby Bradley Mason Hamlin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:28 pm

I think there is a middle ground where Susan and Richard could both be in part telling the truth and in part lying. I think that's where the real answers lie, but of course, that will be the hardest to determine as long as both of them stick to their own versions.<br><br>I know he sounds crazy. It's sort of strange, because it seems much of the prosecution's argument is geared toward proving that Richard is insane--not that Richard cleverly, or not so cleverly, organized a complex extortion plan. If he's really nuts, he needs psychiatric help. He's not going to get that in Folsom Prison.<br><br>If Richard is insane, it is of a most complex nature. If he's insane he is an undiagnosed sociopath. There just isn't any other flavor of crazy you can attach to him. He's not schizoid, although, they have tried to allude to that with the mention of "codes." According to Richard he was never looking for codes. He was investigating Susan's background. That much I believe, obsessing on her background and Sid's--but not seeing codes that aren't there.<br><br>Supposedly a minister and his wife came to see Richard and told him Susan had talked to them a few years back, but yes, most of what I'm saying came directly from Richard and of course my own speculation. The main reason I'm willing to discuss all this is because I'm irked at how irresponsible the media has handled all of this.<br><br>An important thing to look at in this case is not just "if" Susan wrote her true confessions--it is "what" she wrote in those confessions. They do not read as false statements.<br><br>Yes, the kids were crossed by Bob Banning, but since the newspapers aren't reporting the defense's side, we really don't know much of what occured in the cross. <p></p><i></i>
Bradley Mason Hamlin

Postby Bradley Mason Hamlin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:57 pm

"Used" by the same people is very possible. Manipulated by the same people. Discarded by the same people. <p></p><i></i>
Bradley Mason Hamlin

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:32 pm

A slap sound could also be recorded as a result of a person slapping a hand on a table or other flat surface. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby FourthBase » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:43 pm

Well, I was assuming that the sound was audibly skin-against-skin. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Postby Bradley Mason Hamlin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:45 pm

I didn't hear the tape, but I was told the slap was not very clear. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bradleymasonhamlin>Bradley Mason Hamlin</A> at: 11/10/05 7:59 pm<br></i>
Bradley Mason Hamlin

Re: if its true hes bound to be sounding "crazy"

Postby hmm » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:01 pm

the natural reaction to a situation like this would come across as obsessive and erratic to the outside world.<br><br>the mention of looking for codes bothered me too<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Susan has testified he used a “code” to interpret her family photo albums, letters and high school yearbook pictures and writings to conclude she'd been sexually abused by her father.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>His father started going off the deep end, the teen said, when he would go through his mother's family pictures and school yearbooks.<br><br>"He found some code in the books," said the younger Hamlin<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>this is 2 people testifying to the looking for codes,in 2 different articles, and i dont really see how this fits in with the prosecution case as you say, if this is "just" a domestic abuse case.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Deputy District Attorney Vicki Ashworth said the case had nothing to do with conspiracies or devil worshippers.<br><br>"This case is about domestic violence and abuse," Ashworth said"<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>so maybe there IS something about those photo's and writings that leads one to conclude his story is real.otherwise why this effort?<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Richard Hamlin's world began to crumble in late 2003, the teenager testified, after 20 years of marriage and a successful legal career that provided the family with a $1 million hilltop mansion in El Dorado Hills.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>if he is crazy,although its rare to just suddenly go crazy, what is the prosecution saying caused it? If not because of what he said he discovered about his family.because abusive personalities develop early in life or there has to be some (extreme) external trigger.<br><br>the newspaper accounts paint a grim picture but the jury decides in the end.<br><br>you have my sympathy,this must be difficult to cope with,given the circumstances in some ways it would be easier to believe ones own brother is capable of such horror than come to terms with the other alternative. <p></p><i></i>
hmm

Postby Bradley Mason Hamlin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:24 pm

Check out the new post One of Susan Hamlin's Notes. I just found it in a letter Rick sent me. He did not force her to write that crap. There's no way I'm ever going to beleive that, and this is a very light example of what she wrote, although, it's interesting in its word usage. <p></p><i></i>
Bradley Mason Hamlin

Postby hmm » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:33 pm

if some i loved showed me their diary with writing like that i would be all over it obsessively looking for clues..<br> <p></p><i></i>
hmm

Postby Dreams End » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:54 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> Check out the new post One of Susan Hamlin's Notes.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br>link? <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

use the programming to your advantage in court

Postby sw » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:10 am

edit
Last edited by sw on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw

Re: use the programming to your advantage in court

Postby Dreams End » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:51 am

sw,<br>bradley doesn't go to the trials and no one has access to susan right now. It's really a messed up situation. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

PreviousNext

Return to SRA and Occult Crime