Child sex case points to the occult

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Child sex case points to the occult

Postby professorpan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:58 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060203/NEWS/602030335/1001">www.montgomeryadvertiser....30335/1001</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>We'll have to see how this develops... whether it's another example of "satanic panic" or if all the accusations are legitimate.<br><br>--<br><br>Child sex case points to occult<br><br>By Marty Roney<br>Montgomery Advertiser<br><br>February 3, 2006<br><br>WETUMPKA -- An Elmore County man used witchcraft and the occult to frighten two girls, ages 10 and 15, into having sex with him, authorities say.<br><br>Randall Eugene Ransom, 45, of 3004 Kent Road faces two counts of rape and two counts of sexual abuse, Sheriff Bill Franklin said. Ransom lives in the Kent community, halfway between Tallassee and Eclectic. He is in the county jail under bonds totaling $400,000.<br><br>"The girls told us they were taken to an abandoned house in the Kent-Eclectic area, where some of the abuse occurred," Franklin said. "They described images of witchcraft and the occult being in the house. They also said other adults were at the house at the time of the abuse. We feel the threat of witchcraft was used to frighten the girls and keep them under Ransom's control. We have received information that a group of adults in the northeast quadrant of the county may be involved in the practice of witchcraft."<br><br>The girls told investigators and counselors of seeing black candles, altars and piles of bones, police reports state. The alleged victims, who both live in Montgomery, approached authorities about the abuse last week, Franklin said. The charges were filed against Ransom on Thursday.<br><br>Ransom could not be reached for comment. Court records indicate he hasn't hired an attorney or had an attorney appointed to represent him.<br><br>Jessica Sanders lives off Fleahop Road, southeast of Eclectic, and has heard rumors circulating about a group of witches in the area.<br><br>"I just thought it was the kids telling spooky stories," she said. "I've heard the talk for the past year or so. Lordy, having children abused is bad enough. We don't need this type of thing going on."<br><br>Franklin said other arrests may be made in connection with the case.<br><br>"We are still very much in the early stages of the investigation," the sheriff said. "We feel the girls are telling us the truth. If the empty house exists, and if there were other people there when these girls were being abused, I want them in jail right beside Mr. Ransom."<br><br>Ransom is involved in a related case, in which Emily Irene Taylor, 22, of Howell, Mich., faces statutory rape charges. Ransom filed the charges against Taylor in December for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old boy. The relationship was consensual, Franklin said. She remains in the county jail under bonds totaling $20,000.<br><br>Ransom called the sheriff's office several times wanting to know why Taylor had not been extradited from Michigan, Franklin said.<br><br>"Michigan officials picked her up, and we brought her to the Elmore County Jail on Jan. 1," he said. "On Jan. 2, Mr. Ransom calls and wants to post her bond. We knew something isn't right about this. We recorded telephone conversations while she was in jail which show Mr. Ransom and Miss Taylor are in an ongoing sexual relationship. He just basically wanted the sheriff's office to pay for getting her back from Michigan."<br><br>News of the case was beginning to circulate Thursday afternoon in the quiet, rural area around Kent.<br><br>"I've never heard of something like this happening around here. Never," said Jake Fuller, who lives about seven miles outside of Tallassee. "It's just hard to wrap your mind around something like this."<br><br>Franklin, a seasoned lawman, is among those who found the situation hard to believe.<br><br>"I have been in law enforcement my entire adult life, and I've seen some disturbing things," he said. "But I don't recall every dealing with a case that had this level of depravity." <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Ted the dog » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:08 pm

<br>Thanks for posting this, Prof. Pan. This is a weird story for sure....the occult aspects and the rapes are nuts for sure....but the fact that Ransom actually had this woman brought up on statutory rape charges and then had her extradited to Alabama just so he could post her bond is insane! <br>It was also interesting that the cop in charge seemed to believe the children....he wasn't trying to downplay the possible occult aspects at all. It seems like they should have found that abandoned house by now though. <p></p><i></i>
Ted the dog

Postby Ted the dog » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:11 pm

we have a video news system in the elevators here at my work...they show you news blurbs and stock prices throughout the day while you're riding betwen floors...I just saw a blurb go acros the screen that stated,<br><br>"6 churches burned down in rural Alabama, authorities say"<br><br><br><br>...... <p></p><i></i>
Ted the dog

6 Rural Alabama Churches Burn In Possible Arson Spree

Postby nomo » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:28 pm

6 Rural Alabama Churches Burn In Possible Arson Spree<br><br>POSTED: 11:50 am EST February 3, 2006<br>UPDATED: 12:00 pm EST February 3, 2006<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.wjactv.com/news/6708598/detail.html">www.wjactv.com/news/6708598/detail.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>CENTREVILLE, Ala. -- Investigators in Alabama said at least some of the fires that swept though six rural churches overnight Thursday may have been arson.<br><br>Most of the churches were Baptist, and all but one were in Bibb County, Ala., about 25 miles south of Birmingham, and near major highways.<br><br>No arrests have been made.<br><br>A member of one Alabama church that burned down overnight said the blaze started near the pulpit.<br><br>The Ashby Baptist Church member told a Birmingham TV station he believes fires overnight at five other churches followed a similar pattern.<br><br>A spokesman for the state insurance agency that oversees fire investigations said a series of church fires in 1996 targeted black churches. But he said these fires destroyed both white and black churches. <p></p><i></i>
nomo

Re: 6 Rural Alabama Churches Burn In Possible Arson Spree

Postby sunny » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:46 pm

You have to remember that here in Alabama, religious folks have no trouble believing that satanic worship exists and that depravity would narurally flow from such practices. <br>You would have a lot more trouble convincing them that it <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>didn't</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> exist. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: 6 Rural Alabama Churches Burn In Possible Arson Spree

Postby professorpan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:06 pm

My initial suspicion is that the church burnings are racially motivated. That has been the case in the past. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Return to SRA and Occult Crime