RA, cults and prostitution in Africa

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Debbie now in hospital

Postby havanagilla » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:05 pm

wish her quick recovery, sorry to hear.<br>and btw, a very triggering post here, you might want to add it in the title, for others. <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:12 am

Has Debbie (or her mother, for that matter) ever been asked for an historical alcohol/chemical/pharmaceutical inventory, going all the way back to childhood? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 3/11/06 11:37 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby Dreams End » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:23 am

Not sure...actually. I am pretty familiar with it, however. <br><br>Just had a long conversation with her mom who "did not remember" sending the email...It was a fascinating conversation...lots of real denial and contradictions (as in, trauma did not lead to DID but oh yes, my stepfather would hit first and talk later.) <br><br>Didn't really prove anything one way or another but starts to peel away a few layers. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:32 am

Almost sounds as if Debbie's parts are a "family". Trying to remember the three roles of sibs in the usual families--the joker/fuck-off, the achiever, the saint? Something like that. Been too long. What about "family therapy" of Debbie's parts?<br><br>Also, I'm curious if Debbie's mom ever makes eye contact with Debbie. Funny how basic that can be, especially in nurturing a baby. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 3/11/06 10:36 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:47 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Just had a long conversation with her mom who "did not remember" sending the email...It was a fascinating conversation...lots of real denial and contradictions (as in, trauma did not lead to DID but oh yes, my stepfather would hit first and talk later.)<br></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Not sure why, but "dichotomizing" jumps in my mind when I read this. I seem to remember conversations many years ago about how the dichotomy of parental messages of, "I love you, get away from me you fucker" lead susceptible individuals to schizophrenia. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby Dreams End » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:02 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Also, I'm curious if Debbie's mom ever makes eye contact with Debbie.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Almost had to laugh about that one. I'd say a big NO on that one...though I certainly wasn't there.<br><br>schizophrenia is organic..as far as I know and can't be induced, but all KINDS of weirdness can be induced through trauma and trance states.<br><br>And her system is a lot more complex than what I've mentioned. yet it would be familiar to those familiar with DID. Several little kids, two teenagers, at least two adults...and some odder things such as an infant (locked in a cell is how she visualizes her), a "monster" named RAGE (I think he may have been around the last part of the incident last night.) There's a girl without a mouth named Sarah (turns out that's what her mom had wanted to name her...I just found that out.) There are the "goonies" who simply seem to exist to make fun of her. And the "blanket people" who USED to come around and shut her down at times like this but were very markedly ABSENT last night. Normally, at that stress level she'd go catatonic for 30 or 40 minutes. <br><br>And add to this that now my stepdaughter calls from her dad's in tears saying he's said that he's "sick of her" and sick of being her "mom's babysitter"...(we've resolved that for now...but fuuuuuuuck....come on people work with me.) This led me to start looking into THAT side of the family...and my stepdaughter's grandfather on that side works for Robert Schuller...so I started digging there and found some disturbing stuff and hope for comments. (different thread...called "getting it from all sides" I should probably just change that to "Robert Schueller.") I don't mean to make it look like I see this huge plot...some or all of this may end up leading nowhere, but this is getting quite serious and still no one in the family is giving out much info on what the heck is going on here. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby Dreams End » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:36 am

As to your info on schizophrenia...I see bpd and DID and that sort of thing as related. In any event, what she has is NOT schizophrenia. Other than in times of high stress/crisis, she is not delusional...her reasoning and grasp of her surroundings is fine. Speech is not discursive...and she has none of the typical schizophrenic type hallucinations. <br><br>So whatever the cause of schizophrenia, it's not what she's got. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:52 am

Not suggesting that she is schitzophrenic, just that there is something about "dichotomizing" that breaks down the psyche, a weird pairing of one concept with another that is not logical, that is almost of opposites. Only reason I mention it is an old memory of a conversation of "dichotomizing" (my word, not one used in the conversation). If schitzophrenia is only "organic", then think about a child of your own blood being raised by an "organically-challenged" person. <br><br>"Dichotomization" could be a useful tool in mind control, I would think. Just look at the effect that, "if your are not with us, you are with the terrorists" has had on our populace. Think about that on a personal, parent/child level.<br><br>Sorry, I am just thinking out loud. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 3/11/06 11:53 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:22 am

I am also trying hard to remember the five bonding needs of new-born infants--touch, food, eye contact, movement.......and? These are critical needs. If these needs are not met, are these infants set up for future psychological trouble? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 3/12/06 12:40 am<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby Dreams End » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:07 am

Back to the Cults and Ritual Abuse book. I'd give it this synopsis...either the authors are crazy, spooks or this stuff is pretty widespread. The book reads very rationally...they quote some Christian therapists but are not themselves religious. The describe the DID that I see every day, so that part is certainly true...but the underlying stories that surface are rather disturbing. <br><br>However, this is from the website of the company that publishes the book. it's a big part of the business of Praeger:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"PRAEGER SECURITY INTERNATIONAL online is the most current and in-depth database available, publishing insightful and timely material on international security, including defense and foreign policy, strategy, regional security, military history, and terrorism. It provides professionals with access to 500+ titles as well as such value-added features as expert commentary and analysis, primary documents, an annotated bibliography, and more."<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.greenwood.com/features/special.aspx">www.greenwood.com/features/special.aspx</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>well..umm...gulp. Doesn't mean it's all fake...and the company has a history of publishing psych books...but just a little blip on the radar screen.<br><br>I need some RA info, please. <br><br>The book mentions specific phrases that can trigger trance states. I'm going to mention one...so warning to anyone who might have issues.<br><br>^<br>^<br>^<br>^<br>^<br>^<br>^<br>^<br>^<br>^<br>^<br>^<br><br><br><br><br><br>The phrase is "deeper and deeper" and one therapist said he would surreptitiously try out such triggers without telling patients and some would just immediately drop into deep trance. The phrase, obviously, evokes a hypnosis session but he didn't do it in hypnosis. <br><br>I'm curious about others...only that trigger trance states...I'm not trying to set off some alter's go postal programming. <br><br><br>The book also mentions both symbols that can trigger as well as connections to the "full moon." Now, this starts to sound like it's getting into typical rightwing "all religions that aren't Christian are Satanic" territory...but I'm just getting info. For about 2 months or so, we've had a glow in the dark image of the full moon facing our bed. Debbie got it specifically for Wisper. So I just toss that out. She is always very focused on the moon..and Wisper loves the moon, too. In fact, so do I. The moon is cool. Don't get me wrong...I'm not a moon basher.<br><br>But you know...the connections to certain "rituals" etc. <br><br>All right...I'd better turn my stream of consciousness off for the night before I have to check into the same hospital. I'm not saying that ANY of the above is what's happening...just decided that the one thing I can do is gather info.<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Expectations?

Postby Avalon » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:10 am

The phrase is part of our accepted cultural notion of what gets said in a trance induction (whether what's being done fits the usual cultural expectations of trance induction, or not). It may function as a way to get the same effects to those with an expectation of that cause and effect, or those predisposed due to prior experiences.<br><br>Where was the therapist coming from who was using it and having people go into trance immediately? I wonder what the advantage might be. Maybe to see if there were some predispositions already in place, which might alter the focus he'd need, or assumptions he'd make?<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

Re: Expectations?

Postby Dreams End » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:41 am

Here's an excerpt. It's from the online version at Questia, which is subscription based so I can't link. <br><br>Caution...EXTREMELY triggering.....<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> Immediately following our session, Leslie and I went to the scheduled session of therapy group. I was conducting this group for dissociative patients who were hospitalized on the adult psychiatric unit. The four patients present in group on this particular day were also all participating in individual psychotherapy under my care. Leslie was somewhat reluctant to talk about her biofeedback experiences in the group, but I encouraged her to do so. She began to remember some of what the biofeedback therapist said to her before she went "out." Leslie recalled, "She kept saying 'feel the feelings,' and 'deeper and deeper', and 'you will soon be cured.'"<br><br>One of the patients in the group, "Karen," expressed anger toward me for my continued questions of Leslie about what had happened. Karen said to me, "Don't say that. Don't say that."<br><br> I didn't understand her. "Don't say what, Karen?"<br><br> "Those words!" She said angrily.<br><br> I was still confused, "What words?"<br><br> "Deeper and deeper."<br><br>But by now, Karen was no longer visibly angry. She was, in fact, in a trance. I looked around the room. Everyone present was in a trance, everyone but myself. The room was completely quiet. The four group members stared, glassy-eyed, with their gaze directed downward toward the floor. I was amazed. In my eleven years of doing group therapy, I had never witnessed anything like this.<br><br>I decided that if the group therapy were to continue, the participants would have to come out of this trance. It should have been easy to accomplish because, I was an experienced hypnotherapist and had never failed to bring a patient out of a trance that I had induced. Although I tried a variety of standard methods, I was unable to bring even one of the group members out of the trance state. The group session was discontinued. Two of the four patients were so dazed that they could not sit upright, and I had to call nursing staff to assist them to their beds. The other two patients were able to walk and went to sit in the unit's day room, but they were too mentally foggy to make sensible conversation.<br><br>Several hours later, all four patients appeared to have returned to a relatively normal state of consciousness. I went to each of them individually and privately to inquire about what had happened in the group. None of them seemed to know what had caused the group trance experience. Two of them could not even remember much of what had happened shortly before or after the trance took effect. Only one of them, Karen, appeared able to recount the events with some accuracy. She reiterated her anger at me because of what she interpreted as my interrogation of Leslie. The words that Karen said bothered her were "deeper and deeper." She also indicated that she felt very sleepy when she heard those words repeated.<br><br>I wanted to test what Karen was saying to me, so I asked permission to use those words. She was initially reluctant but eventually agreed. I told her that I would use the words but that she would not go into a trance. I would simply use the words in conversation, not in a hypnotic induction. I talked to her about her concerns about her financial condition and how she was getting deeper in debt. I inserted the word deeper into the conversation this way several times. Before I knew it, she was out.<br><br>What caused this reaction? I had clearly given her the suggestion that she would not be hypnotized, yet when she heard the words in question, she did enter a trance state. I wondered if she had previous experience in hypnotherapy where a therapist had trained her to respond to those words with a trance. I asked her if she had ever participated in hypnotherapy. In a groggy monotone she replied, "No." "Why are you in a trance now?"<br><br>She was silent for awhile. Her eyes rolled upward and her eyelids fluttered for awhile. I repeated my question. She spoke in a different voice identifying herself as four-year-old "Kathy." Kathy said she could see people inside a house. The house was very dark. There were other people there who were wearing black robes with hoods covering their heads. She saw herself on a table, tied down. She was wearing a flimsy white cotton robe without a hood. She said someone was cutting on her arm with a razor blade saying the words "Deeper, and deeper, and         <br><br>deeper" with each painful stroke of the blade across her skin. She expressed an unmistakable feeling of terror. She said she could see herself passing out not so much from the pain, but mostly as a result of her overwhelming fear. Kathy told me that this had happened several times. She also reported experiences of sexual abuse in which her tormentors spoke the words "deeper, and deeper, and deeper" as she was sexually penetrated. She indicated that whenever Karen heard the words repeated over and over, she would automatically enter a trance state as a reaction to this experience, which she called "training."<br><br>What Kathy described was not hypnosis as it is normally conceptualized, being a result of repetitive suggestion to produce a trance. Instead, she revealed what appeared to be the results of classical conditioning 95 in which a trance response produced by trauma was paired with the words "deeper, and deeper, and deeper" until the words alone were able to elicit the trance response.<br><br>I asked Kathy to help me bring Karen out again because my last effort had failed. Kathy said she was willing to help me. She offered, "All you need to do is say, 'Karen I will count you down from 10 to zero, and when I reach zero, you will be fully awake, pain free and relaxed.'" This sounded like a standard hypnotic countdown procedure. Earlier when attempting to bring the group members out of the trance state, I had tried several similar methods but none of them had worked. Kathy explained that I had to use the exact words as she had stated them to me. Kathy said that Karen had been trained to respond specifically to those words and might not respond to other phrases that were worded too differently. I followed Kathy's instructions, and Karen reappeared and resumed executive control of her mind and body.<br><br>I asked to see her arm where Kathy had said that cutting had occurred. Little scars were visible, but it was not clear to me whether the scars were necessarily caused by the abuse that Kathy described. This patient had engaged in some self-mutilation in the past, and it was possible that the scars were self-inflicted. I asked Karen what had caused the little scars on her arm, but she said she did not know. I asked her if she had ever cut herself there, and she said, "Not to my knowledge."<br><br>I asked Karen if she would not discuss what Kathy had said to me in the session that day with anyone else. She asked why, and I explained that I wanted to find out what each group member had experienced in session, and I did not want their views contaminated or influenced by one another, and so for that reason I wanted all to refrain from discussing it with each other. I especially did not want the other patients to know what Kathy had said to me because that might influence their reaction to a similar test of their responsiveness to the words and phrases. Karen agreed to my request. She also said that she did not remember much of what Kathy had revealed.<br><br>I met with each patient individually and requested permission to investigate what had earlier occurred in the group and each person agreed. I did not tell any of the individuals that I had talked to Karen's Kathy nor what Kathy had discussed with me regarding the manner in which these words had been paired with trauma to produce a trance response. However, in each case, the patient in question went into a trance when I introduced some of the words and phrases into our conversations, but the patients each appeared oblivious to what was happening to them and could not initially explain why they were reexperiencing altered states of consciousness while we conversed.<br><br>Karen had specifically responded to the word deeper, particularly when it was used in repetition. Another patient responded most strongly to the phrase, "feel the feelings" when it was used repetitively, and to a lesser degree, she responded to "deeper" and "you will soon be cured." One of the individuals became agitated when I used the phrase, "you will soon be cured." I asked her why, and she did not know. At a later date, an alternate identity in her system said that in her abuse history the perpetrators would sometimes repeat the expression "You will soon be cured of your false virginity" in a sexual abuse ritual. All four patients responded with trance to either one or a combination of these terms and phrases and, to my surprise, they all awoke from the trance when I utilized the procedure described by the alternate identity, Kathy. However, when one of the four individuals emerged from trance, she was in a panic state. With tears in her eyes and a look expressing her mental anguish she said, "Don't say pain free.""Why?" I asked.<br><br>At first she seemed puzzled as if she did not know. Then she blurted out, "Because that means we've been hurt." With further inquiry, only two of the four patients could tell me why they were going into a trance (i.e., identify which words and phrases that they appeared to be responding to).<br><br>I was frankly astonished at what I witnessed, but I thought that in spite of these results, I should further cross-validate these findings. Science is based on the idea that valid knowledge can be acquired through careful observations that can be repeated or replicated. When replicated results can be found with at least some consistency and they defy the chance or random variations in nature, then one can say that there is scientific support for a particular hypothesis. However, in order to properly test these initial findings, I had to insure that some alternative explanation could not account for the observed results. For example, if I had told the other three members of the group what Kathy had told me about the various effects of the words and phrases, it might have implanted the idea in their minds that they were supposed to respond in a particular way. By not telling them what I was doing or what I was looking for, I was getting results that were more likely to be free of the effects of suggestion.<br><br>I decided that in order to continue to test this particular effect, I should do so in an unobtrusive manner and with other individuals to observe their reactions. In the process I also discovered a variety of other specific signals that resulted in producing altered states of consciousness, physical immobility, and other peculiar responses in some patients. I found that most of these could be surreptitiously introduced into a normal conversation resulting in mild to profound trance responses and other anomalies. On some occasions these methods would bring out specific alternate identities, some of whom would appear ready to do anything asked of them. On some occasions, the patient would go into such a deep trance as to appear in a coma-like state.<br><br>Once, during a therapy session, a female patient, "Jenny," went into such a deep trance her speech was barely audible. While in this state, her body was limp and she drawled, "You can have me." I asked her name and she identified herself as "Natasha." She indicated that it was her job to sexually please any male who had the ability to access her. I told her that she would not have to do this anymore and that the decisions about her sexual behavior should not be made or carried out by any individual alternate identity but should be made by herself as a whole person. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Note that I have already met two sexual alters. One was robotic...just showed up in the middle of lovemaking. The other was there from the beginning (differeent time)...and enjoyed herself seemingly but seemed distant..and different. After, Debbie said she didn't know who that was. It emerged later in therapy that this was the alter present when she was raped as a young adult. She'd always assumed she'd been drugged but a year or so ago, had the memories start to return in hypnotherapy (that was not supposed to be the point of the hypnotherapy and I was present...we ended the session when I figured out what was going on...this therapist was NOT qualified, we decided, to deal with this.) <br><br>Avalon, I appreciate you and your down to earth nature and desire not to see a bunch of rightwing whackos start future "witch hunts." And my wife identifies as Pagan. I'm not doing anything here other than gathering info and following what few leads I have. Unfortunately, the behaviors described in this book are VERY much like what I see in my wife. It may be that any sort of childhood abuse could lead to such...<br><br>Above, I posted info on the publishers of this book..so I proceed with caution. But it's really bizarre to see such similarities.<br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

dichotomising

Postby blanc » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:16 am

haven't heard it called that, but it is a common technique, that words mean the opposite of what they should mean. one aspect of this is that survivors carry a baggage of triggers/misunderstandings into every relationship. its literally crazy-making. saying "I love you" to a small child who is being horribly hurt for example.<br><br>I guess, Dreams, you are trying to fend off mis-diagnoses of mental conditions, whilst trying to unravel the true cause, which you supect, fairly reasonably, to be either persistent abuse which is generational, or programming, or a mixture of the two.<br><br>I have been there - in some ways I had an easier time of unravelling it because I had access to much more info, on the other hand I had access to almost no medical back-up for 14 months, and when it came it was with the most common misdiagnosis for ra victims. its impossible to provide a guide book for this mess based on one persons experiences, because there are so many variations in circumstances. some professionals probably do think one is certifiable if one flags up mc/ra, others kind of give it a nod, but can't (for their own professional integrity and safety) openly put that label on their patient. those doctors (got to one of those eventually in the case I am talking about) use a different label because it provides a secure hole for the patient to hide in and recover. It doesn't unfortunately provide the kind of talking therapy that helps with that recovery, but can be a shelter in a storm. <br><br>I wish you luck. people usually seem to start to remember when they feel safe enough to do so, which may be what is happening with Debbie. You need a support network yourself, a network of carers for ritually abused people. Its hard enough dealing with the knowledge that people do totally vile things to tiny children - that knowledge is itself emotionally and spiritually numbing - but at the same time trying to provide hands on care for a survivor and understand and unravel the politics of it all, as well as such mundane activities as earning a living and cleaning the house - this is too much to be alone with. <p></p><i></i>
blanc

on silver linings...

Postby Dreams End » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:13 pm

....and where you find them. I'm happy to report that my mother-in-law's stepfather was very abusive. That's normally not a good thing, of course, but she'd before always said that no trauma had led to her DID. Last night she told me of his violent nature...and she'd been with him since she was about 5.<br><br>I'm really, really hoping that her biological father, the grandfather my wife adored and who did the voodoo research, was not involved in any of this...and indeed, he was rarely around and she lived with this step-dad most of her childhood.<br><br>So this is a minor silver lining...that certainly SOME, if not most of this is explainable by her life with her step-dad and a mom who was institutionalized ultimately with mental illness (maybe bipolar...but I really don't know.) <br><br>And while there is no reason to assume that the step-father might have been involved in generational sorts of RA abuse, I think he died before my wife was even born. IN other words, there are some indications that this may really have been contained primarily within the immediate family. <br><br>It was actually very sad to talk to my mother-in-law and hear her describe a couple of scenes of physical abuse and yet continue to talk about how "Well, I WAS a very rude little girl. I needed to be punished." <br><br>And I remember a time when she was around my stepdaughter who had playfully told me to "shut up." My mother-in-law said, "If I had said that when I was your age my stepfather would have broken my nose." <br><br>So, she had internalized her abuser, I believe. Believing on some level that she deserved the abuse and also internalizing his reaction to "rudeness". <br><br>The (still) prevailing theory, until evidence accumulates otherwise and despite my paranoid rants and questions, is that her mom was mentally ill by the time Debbie was born, due to her own abuse. She was DID and most likely had what I think PW called an "introject", an inner state similar to her abuser and I imagine that abuser came out whenever her kids triggered her. Even today, she will tell stories about her treatment of Debbie by prefacing with "she was whining" etc. <br><br>In any event, it's a start. I think even Debbie's younger sister who wanted to pin most of the blame on their mother, doesn't recognize completely...or remember completely, what I imagine were some pretty twisted and sadistic games their mom (or some part of their mom) would play. It's weird...actually. This sister gets very concerned that their dad will be blamed for "things he didn't do" which sounds like basic denial, but she will offer up their mom as being the heart of the problem and report that in her own therapy she spent years dealing with it.<br><br>Still, though, when I suggest that some parts of her mom are, in fact, not very integrated and may have in the past and may now still be doing hurtful things, she will try to back off. For example, in another thread (my birthday thread) I mentioned the email from her mom. Debbie had called as alter, "little debbie" to her mom...really felt compelled, actually. Debbie's mom took the call like it was the most normal thing in the world. And didn't call back to make sure this unusual call didn't indicate some problem going on. No one was really surprised at that, as this is the mom's typical behavior. But then she responded to Debbie's email about it with a forwarded email with the kittens on it and the message about "You smile, I smile...etc and ending with "You jump off a bridge, I miss your emails."<br><br>So I asked her mom about that email. And she didnt' remember sending it. I reminded her about the picture of a cat and she said she vaguely remembered and then I repeated the text and she said "oh I guess we didn't read carefully....I mean I didn't notice the text and just thought the picture was cute."<br><br>Notice that she started out saying "we", so I asked about that...was it possible that some other part of herself sent it instead. She denied this was possible.<br><br>Well, clearly, to ME anyway, that's exactly what happened. She didn't remember the email at all and just covered up as best she could.<br><br>But Debbie's sister wants to maintain that her mom was sent a picture of cats and simply did not read the text at all before she forwarded it. The text was quite prominent and large font. It's true that it didn't all fit in one frame but if you scroll down enough to see the picture, there's clearly more text beneath. I simply don't buy this. And, of course, her mom was not particularly upset when she realized that she'd sent an email joking about suicide to her suicidal daughter. So even IF she didnt' notice the text...it would have felt a lot better if she'd been appropriately horrified that she'd sent such a message. If I somehow had sent my wife, by accident, a message that her jumping off a bridge wouldn't bother me so much, I would be extremely upset with myself...and be going way out of my way to try to repair the damage.<br><br>So her sister will offer up Mom as the source of Debbie's ills, but then wants to back off when I start to probe to find out exactly the sorts of things might have been involved. It's all an intricate dance of disclosure and denial.<br><br>And that's frustrating as hell, but it's also fairly normal. And whatever the truth turns out to be... a bit of normality is always welcome.<br><br>On the other hand is the realization I had that a month ago an alter emerged who may only be responsible for attempting self-destruction. At first I thought this alter (whom I have not met yet...emerged in therapy) might be an ally. Evidently, this was the part of Debbie that reacted VERY emotionally to the idea of her persuing something called "PEER" therapy. This is a technique of emotional release that her boss, a holistic MD, practices. He had wanted her to attend a group session and she's already done a couple of sessions with him. I was VERY against this. He is her boss, so there are boundary issues. Also, this sort of attempt to bring about emotional release in someone with DID...especially with no DID training is really a disaster waiting to happen.<br><br>Well, someone inside Debbie reacted very strongly against going but she didn't know who it was. I was happy she decided against it and thought maybe this alter would be a good ally in helping her begin to heal.<br><br>Debbie's therapist wanted to find out who it was that reacted this way. So, she asked Debbie to just write with her non dominant hand and try to connect with that part. She simply wrote, "Everyone should leave me alone," and then walked out of the therapy session. Debbie made it home but she said it was a huge fight as this alter wanted to drive off somewhere. I thought this meant to a specific location, but Debbie now tells me that she's been having images of wrecking her car for several weeks. She also had images of the knife at her throat as well.<br><br>Now, ostensibly, it was Spike with the knife. But Spike wants to cut...I'm not sure it was Spike by the time the knife was at her throat. She was really fighting for control...by the time police came and told her to drop the knife she yelled, "I CAN'T". She couldn't let go of the knife.<br><br>In other words, this unnamed alter may be either a "self-destruct program" or, at the very least, a very self destructive alter. <br><br>I think the system knows...and I think her mom knows...that she's getting close...that she's going to start putting together what has happened. And so parts of her system are fighting that. And it is really a near tragedy that the hospitals here are so inadequate or I'd just try to get the psychiatrist to order that she stay for a couple of weeks and really do some work in safety. (By order, I don't mean order her, I mean order the hospital so the insurance will pay.)<br><br>Sadly, the psych hospitals here are freaking useless. I mean, I know she wont' be able to grab a knife, but that's about it.<br><br>We are going to try to find a decent long term care facility and hit the family up for the cash to do it. That way, when they say, "I wish there was something I can do..." we'll have a pen ready.<br><br>Blanc, anything and everything you can tell me about your experiences, either on this board or by PM would be welcome. I really am trying to get some resolution in my own mind about whether I need to even be worried about RA and issues of "programming". Right now, I pursue that possibility only as a matter of info gathering, but if that is what's going on, I need to bring in people with expertise in that. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

expertise

Postby blanc » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:12 pm

I don't have this, only can recognise elements in what you report as having echoes elsewhere - so that for example you just saying about wrecking the car, ties up with this image or compulsion or fear or whatever it is.<br><br>tell me how to pm you and I will let you know how this seems to me and you can judge if it will be helpful or not. <p></p><i></i>
blanc

PreviousNext

Return to SRA and Occult Crime