"JonBet" = "Devil"?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"JonBet" = "Devil"?

Postby biaothanatoi » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:05 pm

It's being widely reported around the net that "JonBenet" is actually derived from the Satanic (or Masonic or Illuminati or "Brotherhood") word for the Devil, "JonBet".<br><br>Strange thing is, I can't find any primary reference for the word "JonBet" at all, let alone one that links it (etymologically, historically or otherwise) to "Satan" or "The Devil".<br><br>This little tidbit is being repeated ad nauseum around the net and on blogs. Anyone able to provide any info? 'Cos my bullshit sense is tingling. <p></p><i></i>
biaothanatoi

Blog: View Blog (0)

re:jonbet

Postby juno jones » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:39 pm

This one's been bugging me too. I've seen this one pop up on threads and circle around in discussion a bit before petering out. And circle they do, no one seems to be able to provide a definitive source mentioning a 'jonbet', even a bogus one... That would be easy,I mean how many people out there have read, say, Agrippa, to disprove it... And to 'prove' the rumor's authenticity another thread, comment or blog is posted, but that invariably just leads back around the circle, ultimately never proving a thing. <br><br>At this point I think it would be more instructive to know where and with whom did the rumor originate. I suspect it's a hoax or red herring, been researching this s**t a long time and have never heard the term. just my .02. <p></p><i></i>
juno jones

Re: re:jonbet

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:54 pm

Wade through the recent JonBenet thread. I remember it being linked in there ,can't remember whose link it was, but it is one of the ususal suspects that never links his stuff, if I remember right, so it would be hard to tell where that person got it.<br><br><br>Here's the 18th page of the thread. Go backwards.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://p216.ezboard.com/frigorousintuitionfrm10.showMessageRange?topicID=5692.topic&start=341&stop=357">p216.ezboard.com/frigorou...1&stop=357</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 9/3/06 7:57 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby rain » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:29 pm

thanx biao,<br>if it's even viable to put any weight into a child's name, I tried to go through some of the problems with 'jonbet = devil' spin in that thread, in the post that was gobbled by the gremlins.<br>so the link is probably still there,<br><br>thinkng about this, and threads that seem to run back to Aquino. yeah, I know some of them like to dress-up in their costumes, but is some of the 'satanic' theatre (and other props) intentional ? <br>I can think of at least three 'advantages' for utilising such a theatrical mode, one of which is to automatically jettison any claims linked to 'satanic panic' into the realm of fantasy.<br>who said freud is dead ?<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rain@rigorousintuition>rain</A> at: 9/3/06 8:31 pm<br></i>
rain

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:31 pm

A while back, possibly on the old blog, Jeff posted a link to a gematria site.<br><br>If I can find it I'll see what comes up. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:55 pm

I just remembered something a bit similar.<br><br>When I was a kid (1981) Azaria Chamberlain disappeared. Her mum claimed she was taken by a dingo. But she was charged found guilty (on v spurious grounds), jalied and then later pardoned and freed.<br><br>In the period immediately afterward there was a lot of stuff about the family. they were 7th day adventists, something the MSM considered a weird cult. (giving I was living in Hobart at the time that a bit of a joke, that whole town is a weid cult).<br><br>The rumour I heard was simply this.<br><br>Azaria meant "sacrifice to the wilderness."<br><br>When I heard that at first it sent chills up and down my spine. Because of the memes it invoked...<br><br>Its easy to see how trhat was a reaction to the "other". in Tassie at the time the Franklin dams case was all the rage, it was a huge issue and divided the state. The "wilderness" and greenies were not the most popular mobs in the state. Come to think about it the guy (kid he was about 2 years older than me) who told me was from an ultra establishment family that had a lot to gain from the damming of the Franklin. He was a dodgy racist prick too, never liked him much. But he was my scout patrol leader, so we had to interact in scouts all the time.<br><br>I don't think I ever came across a source to confirm that (or to deny it either) Azaria did mean sacrifice to the wilderness, and it was strange that the idea was even raised. My parents were into the whole thing - dad was a lawyer, mum ha a science PHd, and taught science to HSC students.<br><br>They were following the case so they could not believe the way evidence was abused in the case, they used to talk about it all the time and we (my bro and me) would hear the most intense legal discussions around the dinner or brekke table. Stuff that matched what i heard legal academics say years later.<br><br>So i always felt Azaria could not have been proved to be murdered beyond anything resembling a skerrick or reasonable doubt. Lindy Chamberlain couldn't have been found guilty beyond unreasonable malice given what that evidence actually showed.<br><br>But then when she was finally freed there were people I remember spewing bile and visciousness about it. "You murder your kids and you get off scot free."<br><br>As opposed to mum saying "I cannot believe how it is in the realms of possibility that any mother could murder their child. It is inconcievable."<br><br>I could never bridge that gap, between a reasonable and intelliegnt mothers attitude and the attitude of other mum's who I didn't know well enough to judge.<br><br>"Azaria means sacrifice to the wilderness."<br><br>Its only now since I started thinking about it after that last post that its making sense.<br><br>In that context - was it the Ramseys that turned up in South park, when Butters went missing? (Along wiith Gary Conduit - Whos that people may ask?<br><br>- taken by some Puerto Rican Guy. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Fearless » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:55 pm

I found it on Amazon. I wasn't able to confirm the term anywhere else, so I posted it on the JonBenet thread, thinking if it was authentic, someone here would have heard of it. Here's my post from that thread with links:<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://p216.ezboard.com/frigorousintuitionfrm10.showMessage?topicID=5692.topic&index=293" target="top">Link</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Fearless

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:08 pm

Just found out that on the mainland i5t was "Sacrifice to the desert." <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby biaothanatoi » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:40 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>At this point I think it would be more instructive to know where and with whom did the rumor originate. I suspect it's a hoax or red herring, been researching this s**t a long time and have never heard the term. just my .02.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>Agreed. I've been floating around weird stuff for a while in various capacities and I've never heard "satan" referred to in anything like "jon-bet" - I can't see how etymologically such a configuration would develop either.<br><br>So while "JonBet" has no history whatsoever, "Jon" and "Benet" do, they are relatively common names in an unusual combination ... this is such a red herring.<br><br>Joe's point about th Australian Chamberlain case is a perfect one. Do a quick google and you find that Azaria is derived from a Hebrew word meaning "helped by God" ... but someone invented the "sacrifice to the desert" angle for a bit of juicy bullshit. <p></p><i></i>
biaothanatoi

googling jonbet

Postby yathrib » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:43 pm

Simply type this into google and you will find some interesting things, such as a spa in Pennsylvania called Spa Jonbet, and other seemingly random references. Of course there is plenty of internet echo chamber stuff... <p></p><i></i>
yathrib

Re: googling jonbet

Postby Avalon » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:35 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>I found it on Amazon. I wasn't able to confirm the term anywhere else, so I posted it on the JonBenet thread, thinking if it was authentic, someone here would have heard of it.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Let's do a little critical examination of this Amazon connection, so we can tease a little more information out of it.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0451408713/102-6139296-6996956?v=glance&n=283155">www.amazon.com/gp/product...e&n=283155</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Go to the Amazon link. Right off, something is wrong. The title is listed this way: <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Who Killed Jonbenet Ramsey?: A Leading Forensic Expert Uncovers the Shocking Facts (Onyx True Crime, Je 871) (Mass Market Paperback)</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>Where it should just be a title, they've added a series number and noted that it is a mass market paperback. While the title of the book is in all caps in the picture, somebody didn't know enough to realize that JonBenet should have the B capitalized (and for that matter, an accent over the second E). The book came out in 1998, and nobody associated with it (or even a stranger) cared enough to make the entry look a little more professional in all this time.<br><br>Now let's look at the review you are quoting. Johann, the reviewer with no last name or country listed (likely European, due to his quoting punctuation?) , has a single review to his name, making him 1,388,081st in the Amazon reviewer rankings. Being one million, three hundred eighty eight thousand and eighty one on a list does not inspire much confidence. Johann's had a rather crushing reception from the Amazon readers. Only three out of nineteen who responded found his review helpful. Had anyone here actually read his review you'd have seen that Johann gives as a source for the supposed JonBenet=Satan information <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The Biggest Secrets</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> by David Icke<br><br>Freeper dataman says "I read a book by an absolute nutcase (David Ickes) that Jon Benet Ramsey was raised for satanic sacrifice to a demon called JonBet."<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a38a277ef4379.htm">www.freerepublic.com/foru...ef4379.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>The rest of the items that come up in a google for "David icke" + jonbet are all repetions of the Icke passage. So there's your source, FWIW. <br><br>No confirmation (well-sourced or otherwise) elsewhere on the net, and the only source given that of the raving looney David Icke. I think the JonBenet=JonBet=The Prince of Darkness meme will have to go in the Weakest Link bin.<br><br>What you might want to note is that "JonBet" is a typo often made on the web. And when people start looking into the James Guckert who some thought was Jeff Gannon and Johnny Gosch, note that there are typos or bad research referring to him as "Jeff Guckert," and that there are James Guckerts out there with differing middle initials.<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Caveat lector.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br> <br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:57 am

gematria for <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://mysticalinternet.com/gematria/lookup.php?system=naeq&word=jonbet" target="top">JonBet</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>It includes these: Blameless, followed by bloodline<br><br>And Dark Powers followed by deceased.<br><br>nothing for Jon Benet.<br><br>Why call your daughter Jon anyway? <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby rain » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:42 am

in the european media, and/or european languages media, she is often referred to as JonBet.<br>but if I had to take a wild guess at it, I'd say that to them, her parents, that is, JonBenet probably meant something like 'gift of Jo(h)n' or 'jo(h)n's gift'.<br><br>and as to whodunnit. if someone claimed that capt'n kirk and spock teleported in and dunit, I wouldn't blink.<br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

JonBet

Postby Fearless » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:46 pm

The second link on my original post is to a comment on Huffington Post. That was the only other reference I found.<br><br>By: trz on August 19, 2006 at 02:16am <br>Flag: [abusive] <br><br>JonBenet's death, including the date on which it happened, was consistent with a Satanic ritual gone wrong. In Satanic circles, a popular nickname for the devil is "JonBet." Think about it. <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-hanft/the-ramseys-hair-gel-and_b_27569.html" target="top">Link</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Fearless

Return to SRA and Occult Crime