Maybe the americans know

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Maybe the americans know

Postby ir » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:44 am

Haaretz is reporting today that Mr. Shimon peres of Israel held a private one hour meeting with Condi Rice yesterday. People, and me too, have been wondering in what capacity is he meeting this very senior official ?<br>Mr. Peres has left Labor party (and recently the parliament), declared that Sharon promised him a role in the government if kadima (Sharon's new party) wins the elections in March. However, at the moment he has NO official position in Israel. <br>---<br>Since nobody was able to answer the question in Israel, perhaps the americans here have explanations.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
ir

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Maybe the americans know

Postby Nonny » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:00 pm

This is from the Dept of State website.<br><br>Daily Press Briefing<br>Sean McCormack, Spokesman<br>Washington, DC<br>January 17, 2006<br><br>snip--<br><br>QUESTION: New subject? <br><br><br>MR. MCCORMACK: Sure. <br><br><br>QUESTION: Do you have any comments on Acting Premier Ehud Olmert's comments today saying that Israel can't live with an Iranian nuclear bomb? <br><br><br>MR. MCCORMACK: I think that we all -- I haven't seen those comments, Janine. But the concerns about Iran's nuclear weapon are not limited to Israel, the United States or any single country. We have seen that. Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon is -- would be a destabilizing event for the Middle East region, as well as the rest of the world. That is why we and others are working so hard on a diplomatic solution to see that Iran does not -- is not able to master the critical technologies that would allow it to obtain a nuclear weapon, the material for a nuclear weapon and a nuclear weapon. <br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>QUESTION: Do you expect this to come up tomorrow at the Secretary's meeting with Shimon Peres -- the Iranian issue? <br><br><br>MR. MCCORMACK: I expect that if it -- that she'll be ready to talk about it if it does.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2006/59265.htm" target="top">www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2006/59265.htm</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>___________________________<br><br>Jan. 17, 2006, 9:08AM<br>Peres firm on Iran in Rice talk<br>Jewish state's ex-prime minister calls for a global stand on Tehran's nuclear ambitions<br><br><br>By ROSANNA RUIZ<br>Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle <br><br>Most Israelis remain committed to continuing negotiations for peace with the Palestinians, former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres said Monday, while also warning of the need for world leaders to stand firm against Iran's decision to resume its nuclear program.<br><br>more--<br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/3591447.html" target="top">www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/3591447.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br>___________________________<br><br>Jan. 18, 2006, 9:45AM<br>Peres supports Olmert as Sharon's likely successor<br><br><br>By ROSANNA RUIZ<br>Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle <br><br>While acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert may not have the "prestige" of the ailing leader Ariel Sharon, his selection as his likely successor was both "legally right and politically correct," former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres said Tuesday in Houston.<br><br>more--<br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3594170.html" target="top">www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3594170.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Nonny

Re: Maybe the americans know

Postby dbeach » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:13 pm

so the planet can be nuclear hostages to Isarel ,USA ,Iran..<br><br>They all in cahoots.<br><br>more money for security..more money for weapons<br><br>maybe bring back the draft in USA<br><br>KEEP the people living in FEAR and rob em blind...<br><br>cut benefits ...soaring costs of health care<br><br>mysterious dis-eases that require untested and possibly someday forced vaccines<br><br>"War is a Racket .Always has been" <br>Maj. Gen. Smedley Darlington Butler USMC <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

peres

Postby ir » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:54 am

Haaretz today - shimon peres received possibly illegal contribution from a former Israeli now Swiss millionnaire called Bruce (Baruch) Rapaport. Haaretz further reminds us that Rapaport was investigated by FBI in 1988, re the indictment of Mease Edward. It is an interesting story, about the Bachtel oil pipeline in Iraq, and how Wallach (indicted with Mease), was hired by Rapaport to make sure the deal goes through and how Rapaport secured Peres' written promise that Israel does not attack the pipeline. At the same time Rapaport gave donations to Peres and labor party. THe FBI was trying to interrogate Rapaport about the written letter from Peres (which copies they had from wallach and Mease) but he avoided the investigation, as foreign national, and preferred not to come to the USA for several years. the FBI didn't go after Peres of course, its not of their business. <br>--<br>This reminded me of the threads here on PROMIS/MEASE connections. Seems like the same bunch.<br><br>This Bruce Rapaport, who presents himself as a businessman born in Haifa, apparently was charged with inbezzlement in Israel, while working for a sick fund (for the Labor party), had to run away from Israel to avoid justice, and became a rich millionnaire. He is one of the heavy donors to Labor and other medical and research institutions. <br><br>The State Umbudsman is now investigating how come Peres received money from him in violation of the law of elections in 2004. In addition, it turned out the Peres received meaningful donations from Haim Saban an Israeli now American millionnaire, with possible connections to him winning the bid on Bezeq, Israel's privatized former state owned communication corp. <br><br>It appears that Peres has his hands everywhere, but is still getting a backup from the White House. (this is why I was asking about his meeting with Ms. Rice, while he has no formal capacity here at this stage).<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
ir

Return to Middle East