WWIII begins on March 20, when Iran goes to PetroEuros

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

WWIII begins on March 20, when Iran goes to PetroEuros

Postby thumperton » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:05 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>A petroeuro is a petroleum trade valued on the euro as opposed to the US dollar (a petrodollar). Trading of any natural resource, including petroleum, is controlled through trading partnerships involving both exporters and importers of the resource, in a defined marketplace, and through a trade agreement. The major countries holding petroleum reserves since the decline of US production are dominated by OPEC, and hence, OPEC may choose dollars, euros, yen, or any currency providing perceived advantage, politically or economically. As of 2005, OPEC continues to trade in petrodollars, but some OPEC members (such as Iran and Venezuela) have been pushing for a switch to the euro.<br><br>In early 2006, apparently on <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>March 20, 2006[1], Iran is planning to open an International Oil Bourse (IOB, exchange), on the free trade zone on the island of Kish [2], for the express purpose of trading oil priced in other currencies, including Euros.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> This will establish a Euro based pricing mechanism, or 'oil marker' as it is called by traders. The three current oil markers are US dollar denominated, which include the West Texas Intermediate crude (WTI), North Sea Brent Crude, and the UAE Dubai Crude. In 2003, Iran started trading with its European and Asian partners using the Euro. The Iranian Oil Bourse, however, will also establish a fourth 'oil marker', dominated by the Euro.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroeuro">linky</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Other events that have happened on this day:<br><br><br>1904 – Aleister Crowley invokes Horus in Egypt and declares the start of the New Aeon known as the Aeon Of The Crowned And Conquering Child.<br><br>2003 – 2003 invasion of Iraq: In the early hours of the morning, the United States and three other countries begin military operations in Iraq.<br><br>It is also the eve of Ostara -- when occultists worship the goddess of the earth (Gaia) on this day. The celebration, the Feast Day, is held on March 20, with actual ritual occurring on the 21st. Interestingly, a blood sacrifice is usually required.<br><br>A rather inauspicious date, wouldn't you say?<br><br>Discuss. <p></p><i></i>
thumperton

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: WWIII begins on March 20, when Iran goes to PetroEuros

Postby BajaSur » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:00 pm

Carl Reiner (born March 20, 1922)<br><br>Whoa! This is getting spooky! <p></p><i></i>
BajaSur

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:25 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/03/AR2006030300266_pf.html">www.washingtonpost.com/wp...66_pf.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>U.S. Seeks Deadline in Dispute With Iran <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby Qutb » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:33 pm

They're going to seek a 30-day deadline from the Security Council... so I'm pretty sure nothing will happen in March. <br><br>If Russia can persuade Iran to give up all Uranium enrichment, it may not happen at all. They need that pretext to give it a veneer of self-defense or counter-proliferation or whatever. <p></p><i></i>
Qutb

Postby greencrow0 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:55 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=4230">www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/...sp?ID=4230</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>This is a good update on the Iran situation...although, personally I believe they will do 'something' to try and derail the OIL bourse...they have to to shore up the $. <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Postby Qutb » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:05 pm

While I agree (with the TT article) that the US military is in a precarious situation in Iraq, they seem to have retreated to their bases and resorted to heavy air bombardement in lieu of troops on the ground. It's evident that they're not planning an invasion of Iran, it will be air war exclusively, modelled on the war against Serbia in 1999.<br><br>I'm afraid I agree with the TT that it will unleash holy hell, should it come to pass. <p></p><i></i>
Qutb

F.W.Engdahl's take - Syria not Iran

Postby semper occultus » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:11 pm

...the author of Century of War - Anglo-American Oil Politics & the New World Order :<br><br>.......I think that Syria is the next target of Washington. Here the conflicts will start.<br><br>Devcic: Not Iran.<br><br>Engdahl: Indirectly Iran, but it is very hard to subdue. Iraq was easy if we compare it with Iran. Syria will be a pace towards Iran, it will be much easier to take, and at the same time Bush will satisfy some pressures from Ariel Sharon to strike Hesbolah and Hammas in that region.<br><br>Devcic: What will become with Iran?<br><br>Engdahl: My sources in Washington say that the paramount of tension will happen in June of this year. Americans now give Europeans time to work on diplomacy methods, but they know that, if they do not get in, Europe has no power to achieve anything of importance in softening of Iran.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.deepspace4.com/pages/answers/swarming/swarming.htm" target="top">www.deepspace4.com/pages/answers/swarming/swarming.htm</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=semperoccultus>semper occultus</A> at: 3/4/06 5:11 pm<br></i>
semper occultus

Re: F.W.Engdahl's take - Syria not Iran

Postby sijepuis » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:31 pm

Meanwhile Europe, Russia, China and the Middle East are making haste to establish strategic alliances amongst themselves [see <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://p216.ezboard.com/frigorousintuitionfrm10.showMessage?topicID=3273.topic">p216.ezboard.com/frigorou...3273.topic</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> ].<br><br>This is the salient background to the urgency of Bush's appointment of Bolton to the UN, who was employed to turn the institution on its head, generally, but specifically in light of urgent preparations for a showdown in the Middle East.<br><br>The longer the US is made to wait to deploy its uncontested power [military and intelligence-based] to "reconfigure" the Middle East and, most notably, Central Asia, to its commercial liking, the more its economic vulnerability will be made manifest. <br><br>Hence the shrillness and urgency on the part of the Bush administration [yet it might as well have been a Democrat president; the central economic issues being what they are, foreign policy could not possibly have been much different]. <br><br>I agree wholly with hmm's premise [referring to his/her comments in the link, above] that war in the Middle East is essentially a proxy war with Europe :<br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><br>follow the money:The Iraq war,Iran tension = Euro war<br>The public would not understand if the USA&UK attacked Europe directly using military means.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>The nuclear arsenal and the miltary occupation of Europe prohibit Europe directly and openly chalenging the USA.<br>I am presenting this scenario using mainstream sources partly to show this is one of those open secrets and not mere conspiracy theory.This does mean you wont see the words “USA at war with Europe” anywhere in the included sources.<br><br><snip><br><br>But I would suggest that Europe is most likely only a part of the equation.<br><br>In any case, what we're witnessing is an attempt on the part of Russia to delay a UN Security Council standoff with Iran while Europe [including Russia] battens down trade agreements before the US can carry out its policy in the region.<br><br>As evidence would lead us to conclude, this is griping the frick out of CRF members & Co. <p></p><i></i>
sijepuis

Return to Middle East