Canadians Killed in Lebanon

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Canadians Killed in Lebanon

Postby 4911 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:59 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060716/wl_canada_nm/canada_mideast_lebanon_canada_col">news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060...canada_col</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Canadians Killed in Lebanon

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:07 pm

Oh well. For anyone else, that would have been an act of war.<br><br>I'm so sick of these fucking double standards.. <p>____________________<br>Oderint, dum metuant</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby havanagilla » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:30 pm

I think canada should start kidnapping people as well, or have they already done that ? <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Don't take it personal. I fully appreciate that this conflict is in your world, but I can't help but feel there's a difference between capturing soldiers after an engagement and destroying apartment buildings full of civilians.<br><br>In this conflict nobody wins. That said, I respect you, havanagilla, but the actions of the people that administrate your people are clearly as insane as mine. <p>____________________<br>Oderint, dum metuant</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby havanagilla » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:12 pm

totally. the brief post was somewhat of a private joke between myself and other posters on this board who know of my personal experiences in canada. <br><br>no offense meant, and we are in full agreement as to the nature of my government, as I said numerous times before, basically - corrupt, nazified, gang of thugs. I don't have even one good word to say about them, and I also think they are taking their own people to hell, let alone others from the region.<br><br>Or as a fellow blogger/journalist wrote to me recently (he is certainly not left wing, and has military background as well, and is semi religious too) - with all the intention and seriousness he can muster - Israel has, in its top positions, some of the most despicable people in the world. namely, some of our higher ups are on the top of the ladder of dangerous, derranged and brutal butchers (and highly corrupt) in the whole world.<br><br>Having said that, I am still bitter and disappointed at the lack of response by "the world" (eg the G-8 today, basically supporting Israel, mind you). You see, israelis are reading the news as well, and seeing that their leadership has wall to wall backing OUTSIDE, there is little we can do here to change it, and given the love (irony here) we receive from our "fellow dissidents" in the world, there is some ground for cynicism here. <br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Return to Middle East