Strange new weapons?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Strange new weapons?

Postby elpuma » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:04 am

Picked this up from the excellent "Cannonfire" Blog...<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The current conflict in Gaza and Lebanon has given rise to a flurry of reports involving a strange new toxic weapon used by the Israeli Defense Forces. Israeli authorities officially deny these reports, which they have labeled an "incitement." Of course, that's what people said after the first reports came out that American soldiers had used "Whiskey Pete" indiscriminately in Fallujah.<br><br>Here's how Al Jazeera describes it:<br><br> Dr. Al Saqqa told Voice of Palestine Radio that the Israeli army is using new types of unconventional weapons against the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip during the recent attacks. He said, "They are targeting the Palestinian body with unconventional weapons and with that comes a phenomena we have not seen before in any Israeli bombardment we have lived through for many years."<br><br> He continued, "The hospital is central and sees almost all cases of injuries and deaths as a result of Israeli bomb attacks against the Palestinians of the Gaza Strip. These Israeli bombings are entering the body and fragmenting, causing internal combustion leading to up to fourth degree internal burns, exposing the bone, and affecting the tissue and skin."<br><br> The doctor added, "These tissues die, they do not survive, which obliges us to perform arm or leg amputations, and there are fragments which penetrate the body and do not show up on X-rays. When entering the body they spark like a combustion firearm, but not chemically. They seem radioactive."<br><br>Here is another report from the Baqa'a refugee camp. And we have this from a German news source:<br><br> MOH [the Palestinian Ministry of Health] called on the international community and human rights group s to send a medical team in order to examine the injured and ascertain the presence of toxic material left by Israeli shells.<br><br>If these reports are just an "incitement," as the Israelis claim, then why are the Palestinians pleading for outsiders to confirm?<br><br>This is hardly the first time we have heard reports of Israel making pioneering use of toxic weaponry. In 2004, they stood accused of using nerve agents on protestors.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Why does the rest of the world refuse to investigate these claims?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2006/07/strange-new-weapons.html">cannonfire.blogspot.com/2006/07/strange-new-weapons.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
elpuma

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Strange new weapons?

Postby bvonahsen » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:08 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Why does the rest of the world refuse to investigate these claims?</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Because it's not allowed.<br><br>I don't know if it is just a social taboo or due to the corporate owners of the media. Either way we end up not talking about certain things.<br><br>The failure of the media has been absolutely critical in the last few years. If one looks for an answer within the conspiracy mindset it becomes very fertile ground for speculation.<br><br>On the other hand, it could be explained by social taboos and the economic and social isolation of the media elites. They are heavily concentrated in the greater northeast coast of the US and typically are upper class or upper middle class. I think this explains alot but I can't rule out corporate influence either.<br><br>Imagine what would happen if a major media outlet did a comprehensive investigation into new weapons like directed microwaves, chemical lasers or active denial systems? I think there would be huge reactions from the military, from the right wingnuts and most important, from corporate sponsors. <br><br>This guarantees that socially controversial topics do not get the media coverage they should. Is it a conspiracy? Partly, most corporate owners are very conservative and many are invited to the Bohemian Grove. Once there they are free to mix with important polititians and talk about their shared goals and interests. Putting it that way, it seems almost reasonable.<br><br>But the rest of us are not there nor are our interests represented. In the long run, and this has been going on for a good 50-60 years, what you get is where we are today. We are ruled by the cororate elite, political power and the ultra wealthy. Us po' folk, we get nuthin'. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Postby greencrow0 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:20 pm

Using radioactive weaponry?<br><br>Of course. That's another form of DU, ultimately<br><br>poisoning the entire planet...including the perps...<br><br>prima facie evidence of insanity.<br><br>GC <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:46 pm

Maybe not new, just they appear exotic due to the media blackout:<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"Phosphorus incendiary bombs, which are "banned" weapons (some are saying that they're not banned) and are poisonous, have been used by the IDF on some southern villages, al-Habariyye and Qlayle. Hizbullah has also hit the Golan Heights."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://lebanesebloggers.blogspot.com/">lebanesebloggers.blogspot.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p>____________________<br>Oderint, dum metuant</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby 4911 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:33 pm

>Hm, not enough information on the weapon, I cant make sense of it. These are fragments of an unknown substance that enter the body and then burn back out? And these things get dispersed by impacting artillery shells? Did I get that right?<br> <p></p><i></i>

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:51 pm

I really hope they're not using phosphorus in artillery shells... <p>____________________<br>Oderint, dum metuant</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

White phosphorous

Postby robertdreed » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:45 pm

The material spoken of sounds like white phosphorous. <br><br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_phosphorus">en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_phosphorus</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Incandescent particles of WP cast off by a WP weapon's initial explosion can produce extensive, deep (second and third degree), painful burns. Phosphorus burns carry a greater risk of mortality than other forms of burns due to the absorption of phosphorus into the body through the burned area, resulting in liver, heart and kidney damage, and in some cases multi-organ failure. [1] These weapons are particularly dangerous to exposed people because white phosphorus continues to burn unless deprived of oxygen or until it is completely consumed, in some cases burning right down to the bone. <p></p><i></i>
robertdreed

Israel is now using poison gas and depleted uranium shells

Postby elpuma » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:48 pm

This is from Wayne Madsen Report:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>July 16, 2006 -- EXCLUSIVE TO WMR. Our intelligence sources in Lebanon have reported to us exclusively that Israel is now using poison gas and depleted uranium shells on towns in the south of Lebanon. Residents of the small village of Kasarshoba became violently ill, experiencing severe vomiting, after the Israelis hit the village with poison gas. In other cases, underground shelters in southern Lebanon were hit by Israeli depleted uranium shells. Our sources also report that the entire southern suburbs of southern Beirut, with a population of 800,000, have been totally depopulated. Israel has targeted thousands of civilian homes for destruction.<br><br>Meanwhile, Israeli government spokespersons and Bush administration officials took to the Sunday morning talking head programs in Washington to defend Israel's barbarous actions. The networks failed to present the views of Lebanese government spokespersons. Israel's and the Bush administration's line is that Israeli attacks are "precision targeted." Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice pointedly refused to criticize Israel on ABC's This Week.<br><br>Israeli Kadima (ex-Likud) Prime Minister Ehud Olmert joins Ariel Sharon in annals of Israeli leaders who committed war crimes in Lebanon.<br><br>American media is failing to report that the Israeli attacks on Lebanon and Gaza, like the U.S. attacks in Iraq, are violations of the Fourth Geneva Convention and Additional Protocols governing military attacks on civilians by governments that are parties to the conventions:<br># Civilians are not to be subject to attack. This includes direct attacks on civilians and indiscriminate attacks against areas in which civilians are present.<br># There is to be no destruction of property unless justified by military necessity.<br># Warring parties must not use or develop biological or chemical weapons<br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/">www.waynemadsenreport.com/</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
elpuma

Re: Israel is now using poison gas and depleted uranium shel

Postby 4911 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:14 pm

yeah but hang on - if there was poison gas being used then i think it would do more than just induce severe vomiting... thats a little odd... <p></p><i></i>

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:02 pm

Not necessarily 4911. They could have used that non lethal regurgitant gas that I have heard references too for years. Tho why I dunno. Apparantly its meant to be used in immediate situations.<br><br>They could be trying to encourage the South lebannese residents to leave so they don't need to worry about the bad press from slaughtering civillians.<br><br>Oh wait that doesn't apply.<br><br>Just like the case of the so called EM weapon that "melted" a bus in Iraq a couple of years ago, there seems to be only one reference to this story. All the Al Jezeera refs have the same story repeated.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Come day, go day<br>Wish in me heart it were Sunday<br>Drinking buttermilk through the week<br>Whiskey Pete on a Sunday<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby bvonahsen » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:32 pm

Depending of the type of gas used, if it isn't very concentrated it will not kill you. It would be important to know if any residents developed skin lesions, eye irritation or suffered permant lung damage. <br><br>I don't know the Wayne Madson Report well enough to know if it's trustworthy or not (I've only been at this a couple of months). <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Postby xsic bastardx » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:44 am

<br><br> <!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I don't know the Wayne Madson Report well enough to know if it's trustworthy or not (I've only been at this a couple of months). <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> <br><br> Madsen is pretty good. One of those guys you know hes not giving you the whole story but the crumbs to find it.<br><br><br> <br> I would expect that the second generation US nazi scientists that they got couped up have created ton's of gases which could do a variety of things. Not all have to kill to incapacitate. <p></p><i></i>
xsic bastardx

Return to Middle East