Israel Opening War Door To Iran For US

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Israel Opening War Door To Iran For US

Postby anothershamus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:11 pm

Bush and Co had a war planned with Iran and they wanted to start it by March, then it got pushed back to June and 'we the people' kept it from happening. Good for us! <br><br>Now the Bush buddy, Israel, has the green light to bomb the hell out of it's neighbors on any pretext to light the fire and get itself in 'too deep' and the USA cavalery will have to come to the rescue. <br><br>Since Iran and Syria are the countries behind the whole thing anyway, according to Condi Rice, the USA gets it's shot at going into Iran to help out Israel and be the good guy. Look for a MAJOR build up in violence and drumbeats for war with Iran.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Bush has so far largely left discussions with Israeli leaders to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley.<br><br>."..But on the other hand, I don't think that there is any doubt that Syria and Iran have been very much in the opposite direction, encouraging and, indeed, in the case of Syria, sheltering the people who are perpetrating these acts." Condi Rice <br><br>Question: Can you indicate at this point what you suspect or what you know the Iranian role to be in this?<br><br>SECRETARY RICE: I'm not going to speculate. I will just note that Iran is a principal funder and supporter of Hezbollah. That is well-known and well-established. There have been obvious, numerous contacts -- public contacts between the Iranian regime and both Hezbollah and the external elements of Hamas. President Ahmadinejad was, not that long ago, in Damascus doing exactly that. So the Iranians are not hiding their hand in this. They have their links to Hezbollah, and I think it would be unthinkable that they are not playing a role. There's plenty of evidence that this had to be also external powers that were interested in this kind of outcome.<br><br>Now, Syria, obviously, there's a very direct link there. Khaled Meshaal lives in Syria. Hamas offices are open in Syria. Hezbollah operates there. The Syrian hand is also very clear. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>This is from a State Department press release on Sat July 15th. <p></p><i></i>
anothershamus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Middle East