brief and quick media update from Israel

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

brief and quick media update from Israel

Postby havanagilla » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:05 am

1. prof. ghazi falah (geography) has been released this morning without any restrictions or charges. <br>2. 55 dead in Kfar Qana in lebanon, by IAF strike. MK Muhamad Baraka says "each government in israel must have its own massacre".<br>3. Condi is here.... death toll climbing.<br>4. a littl less than <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>100 dead</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> in Gaza strip during the last 2 weeks, nobody cares, cause Lebanon is taking all the news. huge <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>tragedy</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> over there. <br>5. israelis are asking the government to define "victory", so we know when this is going to be over. <br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: wrong message

Postby havanagilla » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:22 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2006/07/29/472552.html">www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/...72552.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> <br>Avishuset Dagbladet:<br>Årsrapport 2005 (PDF)<br> <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>- Bomb, bomb Tel Aviv!</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>STORT OPPMØTE: Ifølge politiet var det rundt 400 demonstranter til stede i ettermiddag, ifølge arrangørene omlag tre ganger så mange.<br>Foto: HARALD S. KLUNGTVEIT<br><br>MANGE BARN: Flere hele familier viste sin støtte til sivile libanesere, palestinere og Hizbollah.<br>Foto: HARALD S. KLUNGTVEIT<br><br><br>HØY TEMPERATUR: Utenfor den barikkaderte israelske ambassaden jublet demonstrantene da det ble satt fyr på israelske flagg og symboler.<br>Foto: SCANPIX<br><br><br>STERKE VIRKEMIDLER: Mange av demonstrantene bar plakater med hakekors inne i en davidsstjerne.<br>Foto: HARALD S. KLUNGTVEIT<br><br><br>SMÅKNUFFING: En libanesisk mann måtte roes ned av politiet utenfor Stortinget etter at noen som ikke likte budskapet hadde revet opp skjorta hans.<br>Foto: HARALD S. KLUNGTVEIT<br><br>annonse<br>Store politistyrker voktet i ettermiddag mange hundre demonstranter som markerte motstand mot krigen i Libanon med brenning av israelske flagg og militante slagord i Oslo.<br><br>HARALD S. KLUNGTVEIT<br>Lørdag 29.07.2006, 15:24<br>oppdatert 18:13 (Dagbladet.no): Politi i full opprørsutrustning, helikopter, politihester og barrikader var for sikkerhets skyld på plass i et stort område av Oslo sentrum da Den libanesiske foreningen i Norge og en rekke støttespillere for an<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>this is the kind of stuff that assists the israeli government...and adds a few more hesitant israelis to the warmongering chorus !<br><br>Tel Aviv is recently under pressure by the rest of Israel as a "bubble" of spaced out, nihilists who are not patriotic enough. Bombing tel aviv is a victory for both extremists. If they couldn't resist the urge to resort to vindictive incitement, the demonstrators should have avoided the mention of Tel aviv as target. (lots of other big cities you can name, which are less liberal). This is similar if a demonstration in iran or iraq called to bomb san francisco...or <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>seattle</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, not the smartest, and smells from some sabotage by smarter groups (ahem). <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Re: wrong message

Postby sunny » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:55 am

hava, just wanted to thank you for these updates. Keep it up. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: IDF

Postby havanagilla » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:19 pm

first official IDF refusenik, sentenced to 28 days in prison. reservist, officer in armored division , <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Amir Pasteur.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> 32 years old, announces that after much deliberation he came to the conclusion that the fighting goes against his conscience and values and "places civilians at risk", quite a few Backtalkers propose death penalty (?).<br><br>IAF offers its own version of "controlled demolition" in the Qana bombing that killed 60 civilians many of whom were invalids and children. IAF claims that the collapse happened 7 hours after the bombing. israeli journalists criticize the IAF response as "not serious" and damaging. <br><br>ANother day...<br> <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:21 pm

hava, there's an uncomfirmed report that the Lebanese army fired on IDF helicopters trying to land in Lebanon. Have you heard anything about this? <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby havanagilla » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:43 pm

yes, just now, reports the lebanese army "joined hizbollah" in defending lebanon against israeli forces trying to land forces somewhere. <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Return to Middle East