"Muslim American" attacks Jewish Federation

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Mentalgongfu » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:32 am

Sometimes my olfactory sense is a little overactive, but I think I smell something rotten here:<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-07-29T042838Z_01_N28203407_RTRUKOC_0_US-CRIME-SHOOTING.xml">"Fatal Seattle Jewish center shooting"</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Lone gunman. Hate crime. Religious war. Muslim Americans. Jewish Federation. Israel. Lebanon. And a spice of White Supremacists in this Reuters version.<br><br>And it's in Seattle, again. <br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Fatal Seattle Jewish center shooting a "hate crime"<br>Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:28 AM ET<br><br>By Daisuke Wakabayashi<br><br>SEATTLE (Reuters) - A lone gunman burst into a Jewish organization in downtown Seattle on Friday, killing one woman and wounding five others in what authorities were calling a hate crime.<br><br>Police said the gunman had been arrested without a struggle inside the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, where the shooting took place, and was being questioned by police.<br><br>The gunman is a U.S. citizen, and police said initial contacts with him by phone while he was inside the building indicated that he was a Muslim.<br><br>Amy Wasser-Simpson, the federation's vice president, told the Seattle Times in a story on its Web site that the man got past security at the building and shouted, "I'm a Muslim American; I'm angry at Israel," before he began shooting.<br><br>"This was a purposeful, hateful act as far as we know, by an individual acting alone," said Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels at a news conference, adding "This is a crime of hate."<br><br>The FBI was working with local authorities on the case.<br><br>Police first responded to reports of shots fired and a possible hostage situation at the center shortly after 4 p.m., when there were about 18 people in the offices.<br><br>A hospital spokeswoman said at least three of the victims had been taken into surgery for their wounds.<br><br>Authorities said they were "taking every precaution" in searching for explosives and additional suspects and were monitoring the city's synagogues and Jewish organizations.<br><br>They were also protecting the area's mosques for fear of retaliation for the shooting.<br><br>The federation had organized a large rally last weekend to demonstrate support for Israel in its fight against Hizbollah in southern Lebanon.<br><br>The Pacific Northwest chapter of the Anti-Defamation League said earlier this year that anti-Semitic incidents were on the rise because of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and activities by white supremacists.<br><br>In 1999, white supremacist Buford Furrow went on a shooting rampage at a Jewish community center outside Los Angeles, wounding five people including children. Later that day, he shot and killed a Filipino mail carrier.<br><br>(Additional reporting by Dan Whitcomb and Mary Milliken in Los Angeles)<br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Mentalgongfu

Blog: View Blog (0)

addendum

Postby Mentalgongfu » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:46 am

just to be clear,<br><br>of course it's perfectly possible this IS just some lone nut and/or zealot angry at "the Jews." <br><br>but I can't imagine many events which would work better to promote support for Israel's ongoing war in Lebanon and the greater juxtaposition of religious war, along with giving a good excuse for the current and coming totalitarian crackdown in the U.S. <p></p><i></i>
Mentalgongfu

Re: killing the lefties and turning them to zionist SHahids

Postby havanagilla » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:46 am

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>if</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> its a false flag, i would see the target more as the progressive-liberal jewish community, by the israeli zionists and co. its kind of MO these days for false flags to both incite/serve the general pro war prop, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>and</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> get rid of some "expendible eaters", lefties, people of color, what not. A new "double bind" terror acts. <br><br>beware - the enemy is getting cleverer by the minute...<br>---<br>this reminds me of some new tactic i am seeing here in the Israeli bloggosphere. The margins of dissent that annoy the gov, are trimmed and the term is being usurped by a milder, more acceptable voice. that is, suppose they don't like anti war stuff, they would knock out a person and replace with the same name (nik/ backtalker) who says slightly different things, and gradually, the center is called "left", women who object women's rights are called "feminists", etc. it is amazing, actually many nationalists are now calling themsleves "left wing to center" or "open, radical, non conformist". its kind of 1984 tactics. beware over there too, cause usually the ptb's are testing here and applying in america.<br><br>I can already see how soon, when i am suicided, there's a new blog with another hava, with a slight difference, called "radical" and in support of the gov, with a few non harmful challenges. <br> this kind of "new genre", a lady who calls herself feminist and "underground dissent", is actually debunking all feminist challenges, attacking all the dissent, but here and there, posts a very anemic "fuck you ulmart/peretz" post, which has a lot of F words but nothing new in contents.<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Postby sunny » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:16 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>gradually, the center is called "left", women who object women's rights are called "feminists", etc. it is amazing, actually many nationalists are now calling themsleves "left wing to center" or "open, radical, non conformist". its kind of 1984 tactics. beware over there too, cause usually the ptb's are testing here and applying in america.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>hava, that has been happening here for at least 30 years. Witness one of our Senators, Joseph Lieberman, who <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>insists</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> he's a liberal, meanwhile cheerleading the War on Iraq more enthusiastically than Bush. <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>All</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> media commentators here who profess progressivism are Trojan horses, providing "balance" to political chat shows, while agreeing with conservatives more often than disagreeing. True progressives on tv are more rare than hen's teeth. In print, it is almost as bad. In America, the only place to find a real leftist is on the web, and even then, one has to be careful. We have a "mainstream" sort of leftist, personified by sites like Daily Kos and Firedoglake, which can fool a political novice into thinking they are participating in something "radical" and "non-conformist" when in fact they are contributing to the perpetuation of conventional wisdom of centrist Democratic politics. (for the most part-there <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>is</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> a lot of bashing of Senators like Lieberman) While these sites push political actions like "calling your Representative" to protest this or that proposed legislation, or to oppose judicial nominees, I have personally witnessed discouragement of political demonstrations in the street. Not too radical, IMO.<br> <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby havanagilla » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:02 pm

Thanks sunny, how silly of me, the political scene here is actually following the footsteps of the usa not the other way around. I was referring to the backtalk/blogs usurpation technique, which i thought is being incubated here to be exported. <br><br>---<br>ps just returned from a surreal street performance, courtesy of the municipality of tel aviv, jazz a la big band and dancers from what appears to be russian immigrants mimicing the style of classic ice ski dancers, kind of interesting bizare look to it all, with about one to two hundred tired israelis trying to pretend they are happy. so people were dancing those old "salon dances" (me included), sweating to the heat wave..<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Postby Sepka » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:22 am

Left and right are relative terms that denote a person's relationship to the centre. Since the mid 70s or so, the centre has been drifting rightward. Left, right and centre don't mean today what they did 25 years ago, nor should they. That back and forth drift in reaction to the excesses of earlier eras is a normal part of politics.<br><br>-Sepka the Space Weasel <p></p><i></i>
Sepka

Postby rain » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:15 am

Friends Had No Idea He Was Violent<br>Naveed Afzal Haq was troubled but showed no hint of fanaticism, they say, before shootings at a Seattle Jewish center that killed one woman.<br>By Sam Howe Verhovek, Times Staff Writer<br>July 30, 2006 <br><br><br>SEATTLE — The future once seemed very bright for Naveed Afzal Haq, the son of a Pakistan-born civil structural engineer at the Hanford nuclear complex in Washington state.<br><br>Bound for a prestigious bio-dentistry program in Philadelphia, Haq had a huge smile on his face in his 1994 senior yearbook photo at Richland High School in south-central Washington. "RHS, Peace Be Unto You" were his parting words to classmates. <br><br> It was Haq — now 30 and facing trial in his hometown on a lewd-conduct charge — who came to Seattle on Friday and is accused of using two semi-automatic handguns to unload a barrage of bullets inside the offices of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle.<br><br>To force his way in, he took a 13-year-old girl hostage at gunpoint, police and witnesses said Saturday.<br><br>Haq reportedly shouted about his anger toward Jews, toward Israel and its war in Lebanon, and toward U.S. policy in Iraq. One woman, Pam Waechter, 58, the federation's assistant director, was killed, and five other women were injured.<br><br>One of the shooting victims — Dayna Klein, 37, of Seattle — was credited by police with helping to end the attack. <br><br>Police said that about half an hour before the shooting, Haq had been stopped on a minor traffic violation — for driving down a buses-only lane — but had done nothing to arouse an officer's suspicion and had been let go. <br><br>Those who knew Haq best described him Saturday as a drifting, sad and mentally troubled figure who was a source of worry and embarrassment for his parents, but not anybody's idea of a political or religious zealot inclined toward violence. <br><br>He washed out of the dentistry program after a few years and landed back in Richland — unfocused, unlucky in love and apparently eventually unstable. In March, prosecutors said, he climbed on top of a fountain near a Macy's in a Richland-area mall, unzipped his pants and started exposing himself to women. Haq had been due to go to trial Thursday on the exposure charge, but the trial has been postponed. <br><br>On Saturday, shackled and wearing a white jail uniform labeled "ultra security," Haq was charged with one count of murder and five counts of attempted murder, his bail set at $50 million. <br><br>He had $12 on him when he was arrested, police said. <br><br>Law enforcement authorities, Haq's friends and his parents' friends all said Saturday that Haq's inner motivations remained a mystery. Some speculated he might have sought to cloak an animus toward women by acting as a self-appointed warrior against Israel or against Jews. <br><br>Whatever his reasons, Haq had virtually no known history of political activism, and friends described his religious practice — he is Muslim — as dutiful and at times dormant, not fanatical. <br><br>And those who know him said Saturday that they thought he was troubled, not violent. <br><br>"Yes, Naveed was drifting, he was lost, but this alleged crime is a shock beyond belief to all of us," said Muhammad Kaleem Ullah, vice president of the Tri-Cities Islamic Center, a focus of religious and community life for several hundred Muslims who live in Richland, Pasco and Kennewick, the three cities near the confluence of the Columbia and Snake rivers. <br><br>"Never did we think of Naveed as violent," said Ullah, a family friend who has known Haq since he was 9 years old. "If you had told me he was on the moon, I could not be more shocked." <br><br>Seattle Police Chief R. Gil Kerlikowske said at a news conference Saturday that Haq had entered the federation by hiding behind a lobby plant, then placing a gun to the head of the 13-year-old girl passing by. <br><br>The attacker brought two semi-automatic handguns, plus extra ammunition, into the building, which is next to a Starbucks in the Belltown area at the edge of downtown. <br><br>The 13-year-old was released as soon as he gained access to the federation offices and was not otherwise injured. <br><br>"Once inside, he immediately started firing at people," Kerlikowske said.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-shootings30jul30,0,6004392.story?coll=la-story-footer">www.latimes.com/news/nati...ory-footer</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Postby rain » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:46 am

and from WaPo<br><br>......<br>Haq, a Muslim, told authorities he was angered by the war in Iraq and U.S. military cooperation with Israel.<br><br>"He pointedly blamed the Jewish people for all of these problems," Seattle Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske said at a news conference Saturday.<br><br>According to a statement of probable cause, Haq told a 911 dispatcher: "These are Jews and I'm tired of getting pushed around and our people getting pushed around by the situation in the Middle East."<br><br>Muhammad Ullah, a close family friend and a senior member of a mosque founded in part by Haq's father, described Haq as a quiet loner with few friends.<br><br>In a statement, the Islamic Center of the Tri-Cities offered condolences to the shooting victims and said "we disassociate this act from our Islamic teachings and beliefs."<br>.....<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/29/AR2006072901032.html">www.washingtonpost.com/wp...01032.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

"He is Muslim"

Postby sunny » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:19 am

He is NOT!<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/279424_convert30ww.html">seattlepi.nwsource.com/lo...t30ww.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Shooting suspect was baptized<br>Just part of the enigma he proved himself to friends<br><br>By SCOTT GUTIERREZ<br>P-I REPORTER<br><br>RICHLAND -- Those who knew Naveed Haq said Saturday that to them he was an enigma, a puzzle that they wish they could have solved before his deadly rampage in a Seattle Jewish center.<br><br>Stunned and saddened by the news, some of Haq's acquaintances recounted many of what they saw as the contradictions of his life. <br><br>He held a degree in electrical engineering and was the son of a successful engineer, yet he couldn't keep a regular job. He was smart, creative and skilled as a writer. He recently won an essay contest for a U.S. Institute of Peace scholarship. <br><br>Yet Haq was frustrated at his lack of friends and female companionship.He told friends he felt alienated from his own family, in part because his career had disappointed his father and also because <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>he had disavowed Islam last year, converting to Christianity.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>Haq had begun studying the Bible, attending weekly men's spiritual group meetings, only to stop coming a few months after his baptism.<br><br>He had told the group's leader that he seen too much anger in Islam and that he wanted to find a new beginning in Christianity.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Yet in the midst of his shooting spree in Seattle Friday, he declared himself an angry Muslim.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>Acquaintances said he never seemed the fanatic religious extremist he played out on Friday. Instead some think his anger was really directed at problems in his personal and professional life.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"Naveed had the profile of the guy who just couldn't get things together,</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->" said Erik Neilsen, a Richland resident who let Haq live with him for three months in 2004. He said he thinks several problems compounded for Haq, and he just exploded.<br><br><br><br>"I wish I could have done something about it. I look back in retrospect and say 'Is there anything I could have done.'"<br><br>Last winter, Haq began attending a weekly men's group meeting led by a member of the Word of Faith Church in Kennewick.<br><br>The group's leader, Albert Montelongo, said Haq started studying the Bible and in December he underwent a water baptism at the non-denominational church, performed by Montelongo. He said Haq accepted his new faith, though he knew that he would also be offending his own family and its deeply rooted culture. His father, Mian Haq, was among the founders of the Islamic Center of the Tri-Cities in Richland.<br><br>Montelongo said Haq seemed depressed by the tension that had grown between him and his family. And he said Haq talked about suffering from bipolar disorder. But that he seemed to improve in how he coped with what Montelongo described as his own anger.<br><br>A few months after he was baptized, though, Haq stopped coming to the men's group meetings. Montelongo last heard from Haq in a message that said he was going to Seattle to find a job. He said he tried to call Haq several times but never reached him.<br><br>Then on Friday, Montelongo said he saw the news in Seattle and thought the man in police custody looked like Haq. <br><br>"I don't understand that. That throws me off from everything he was doing here," Montelongo said. "That blew me away."<br><br>"We'll be praying for him and everybody that was hurt in what happened, and everybody that's involved in it," Montelongo said.<br><br>At the Islamic Center of Tri-Cities, a senior member, Muhammad Kaleem Ullah, said that Haq stopped attending regularly after he graduated from Richland High School in 1994. He said Haq would attend off and on while visiting his parents and that he surprised members on a Friday two weeks ago with a visit.<br><br>"This is a totally sad day for us. This is the closest I've ever come to something like this," said Ullah. "What could have been going on in his brain has been very hard to figure out."<br><br>After high school, Haq enrolled in dentistry school at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, N.Y., something his father encouraged. But after about four years of study, Haq decided to quit school and return home. That also created some tension between father and son, Ullah said. <br><br>Instead Haq went to Washington State University, where he earned a degree in electrical engineering. <br><br>Efforts to reach his family were unsuccessful.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>In March, Haq was arrested for lewd conduct at a Tri-Cities mall.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> It was Ullah he called to bail him out of jail, because he was too embarrassed to call his own family, Ullah said. <br><br>The family was very distraught at Friday's events, Ullah said, based on a conversation he had with Haq's father after his son's arrest.<br><br>Haq apparently moved back and forth between Tri-Cities and Seattle while he was looking for employment. At one point, he told Neilsen, the friend with whom he lived for a few months in 2004, that he was working as a security guard at a Seattle area department store. Neilsen said he'd lost touch with Haq until about six weeks ago when he got an e-mail from Haq, saying his friend had started work at a Home Depot store in Everett.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>He said it seemed odd that someone with a degree in engineering had taken an unskilled job</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. It seemed to him that <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Haq had trouble keeping steady employment</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> and that he often lacked focus in his career.<br><br>Neilsen said he thinks Haq's issues with family, his religion and even his social life just compounded. He said he believed his friend wanted desperately to fit into mainstream U.S. society. But he felt like an outcast in his own family.<br><br>Neilsen, a fellow engineer, said he was deeply saddened at Friday's news.<br><br>"I've had conversations with him; he'd come over and we'd have a cigar in my back yard and have a nice talk. And all of a sudden, it's like 'What happened? What happened to you?'."<br><br>(Can you say "sheep-dipped patsy?" Thought you could.)<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sunny@rigorousintuition>sunny</A> at: 7/31/06 8:20 am<br></i>
sunny

can you say 'sheep-dipped patsy'?

Postby rain » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:36 am

WOW !!!!!<br><br>Thanx for that up-date Sunny.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

no, what I mean is

Postby rain » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:06 am

WOO - HOO<br><br>YIPPEE<br><br>YEE - HAA<br><br>EXPLETIVE DELETIVE<br><br>WHATEVER<br><br>my deepest condolences to ALL the victims <br><br>but,<br><br>maybe, just maybe, that door is just enough ajar<br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

We got there !?

Postby rain » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:40 am

<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Word of Faith Church <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>is that these guys -<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_of_faith">en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_of_faith</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>???<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Re: We got there !?

Postby sunny » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:59 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>is that these guys<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>I'm pretty sure it is. What was the name of the movement for whom Mark David Chapman did some missionary work? <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Postby rain » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:34 pm

according to John Judge<br><br>"Mark David Chapman had military training. He was in Beirut, interestingly enough, when military training was going on there by Wilson and Terpil. And he moved to Hawaii, worked for the large military firms. You'll remember he took a military stance at the time. The chairman of the board in those days of World Vision was none other than John Hinckley, Sr. The funding for <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>World Vision</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> was, primarily, during the Vietnam period, CIA directly funding it. They now still admit 5% coming through USAID, which was the cover. And they operated in all of Southeast Asia, collecting information on Laotians, Cambodians and others under the cover of this missionary work. They were in charge of the refugee camps at Sabra and Shatilla when the Fascist Phalange came in and killed the Palestinians." <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/JohnJudge/ATF.html">www.ratical.org/ratville/...e/ATF.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>IMHO, this kid, Naveed, was 'got at' late in the day, either Phili. and/or later, through 'the church'.<br>interesting though, the 'security job' too.<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Postby sunny » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:38 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>interesting though, the 'security job' too.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Yeah, that's what got me thinking about MDC.<br><br>Wouldn't it be interesting to connect CIA money to this movement? I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard.<br><br><br>Thanks for the info, rain!<br> <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Next

Return to Middle East