alas, the united kingdom returns to the scene of the crime

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

alas, the united kingdom returns to the scene of the crime

Postby havanagilla » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:13 am

Ulmert today, asking Blaire to send 15,000 <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>fit and young</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> soldiers to enforce the various UN resolutions in Lebanon/Israeli border. While the minister of foreign affairs from Italy is calling this request "unrealistic", it has an intresting ring to it. Alas, those who messed up the region, Palestine specifically, will be called to clean up the table. Are witnessing a beginning of a new trend ? <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/746083.html">www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/746083.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: alas, the united kingdom returns to the scene of the cri

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:10 pm

Do you think he's making the request in the knowledge that it will be refused at this time, but he wants to be seen to have made the gesture?<br><br>I don't think any nation is going to send troops to southern Lebanon until the fighting ends. And I wonder whether killing the UN observers last week was intended to discourage the governments that might have been inclined to do otherwise. <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Postby havanagilla » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:24 pm

oh, i think he means it, and he is trying to shape that force, more in the UK/US alliance and less as UNIFIL. Anyway, the government now ordered the CONQUEST of south Lebanon up to Tyre, pending a cabinet vote. I am worried that this is going to be ugly here down the road. On both sides of the border. <br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:06 pm

I get the horrible idea they'll put the retreating US & UK forces in there as a last line of defence. And to take revenge. <p></p><i></i>
Seamus OBlimey

Postby rain » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:10 pm

No,<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I get the horrible idea <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>that some may not be up on how carefully, and for how long, the manifestation of the Atwood-esque nightmare has been crafted -<br>.......<br>In this paper we will review the matter of the Davidic lineages and their place in the British Royal Family. This paper is concerned with the lineage from the biblical Zorobabel or Zerubbabel through the Exilarchs, down to the Houses of Hanover and Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, and from there into the House of Windsor and the British Monarchs from <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>George III</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. It will be seen that Her Majesty Elizabeth II, Queen of England and the Commonwealth, is the direct lineal descendant of David the son of Jesse, King of Israel, in the acknowledged royal line. ......<br><br> The major fact in all this is that we can trace the ancestry in the royal houses of Israel down to Northern Germany and the United Kingdom who are the Northern tribes of Israel. The kingship rests in Israel to this day until the return of the Messiah whose right it is.<br>..........<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.ccg.org/english/S/P067.html">www.ccg.org/english/S/P067.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rain@rigorousintuition>rain</A> at: 8/3/06 9:11 pm<br></i>
rain

Postby madeupname452 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:04 am

Blood on his hands<br>newstatesman.com<br>John Kampfner<br><br>Blair knew the attack on Lebanon was coming but he didn't try to stop it, because he didn't want to. He has made this country an accomplice, destroying what remained of our influence abroad while putting us all at greater risk of attack....<br><br>...Israelis informed George W Bush in advance of their plans to "destroy" Hezbollah by bombing villages in southern Lebanon. The Americans duly informed the British. So Blair knew. This exposes as a fraud the debate of the past week about calling for a ceasefire.<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.newstatesman.com/200608070017">www.newstatesman.com/200608070017</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
madeupname452

Return to Middle East