media update, israel

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

media update, israel

Postby havanagilla » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:14 am

3 rockets fell in Hadera last night, that's half way between haifa and tel aviv, nobody hurt.<br><br>the israeli zionist left slogan (for peace) - <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>shalom, salaam, sushi.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->..war is referred to here is the war for the sake of the bourgeoisie. Only the poor from all parties are paying.<br><br>waning in israel that joining of forces between radical left and nassaralla and local fundies may signal disaster.<br><br>The jewish federations of venezuella blamed chavez of "antisemitism" and withdraws support. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Israeli backtalks</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> relate an aborted secret arms sale from Isael to Chavez by US veto. Warning Bush may see the chavez gets some illness soon.<br><br>IDF calling Sidon population to evacuate. <br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: media update, israel

Postby starroute » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:46 pm

Talking Points Memo this morning linked to an interesting op-ed in Haaretz suggesting that Israel needs to recognize that the Neocons are not its friends:<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/746312.html">www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/746312.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Disentangling Israeli interests from the rubble of neocon "creative destruction" in the Middle East has become an urgent challenge for Israeli policy-makers. An America that seeks to reshape the region through an unsophisticated mixture of bombs and ballots, devoid of local contextual understanding, alliance-building or redressing of grievances, ultimately undermines both itself and Israel. The sight this week of Secretary of State Rice homeward bound, unable to touch down in any Arab capital, should have a sobering effect in Washington and Jerusalem. . . .<br><br>Israel does have enemies, interests and security imperatives, but there is no logic in the country volunteering itself for the frontline of an ideologically misguided and avoidable war of civilizations.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>Since the Neocons are also clearly not America's friends, one has to wonder exactly whose side they really are on.<br> <p></p><i></i>
starroute

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Middle East