Iran shells Iraq's northern frontier

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Iran shells Iraq's northern frontier

Postby Uncle Scam » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:05 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,1852843,00.html">www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/S...43,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Snip:<br><br>Turkey and Iran have dispatched tanks, artillery and thousands of troops to their frontiers with Iraq during the past few weeks in what appears to be a coordinated effort to disrupt the activities of Kurdish rebel bases.<br><br>Snip:<br><br>Frustrated by the reluctance of the US and the government in Baghdad to crack down on the PKK bases inside Iraq, Turkish generals have hinted they are considering a large-scale military operation across the border. They are said to be sharing intelligence about Kurdish rebel movements with their Iranian counterparts.<br><br>---<br>Things just got more interesting..looks like a pressure tactic to push the U.S./Iraq to get control of the situation regarding the PKK rebels. <p></p><i></i>
Uncle Scam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Iran shells Iraq's northern frontier

Postby Reformed Skeptic » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:14 am

There has been some hijinks over that northern Iraq-Iranian border for a while now, Iran making accusations of "saboteurs" slipping across the border unhindered, and some reports from the Kurds that shelling is taking place.<br><br>Turkey seems to be losing more and more patience by the day with the rapidly declining situation in Iraq too.<br><br>What a mess. <p></p><i></i>
Reformed Skeptic

Re: Iran shells Iraq's northern frontier

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:19 am

I heard at least 6 months back that Iran was shelling Iraqi rebel positions. <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Return to Middle East