Why Countries Should Support Israel

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Why Countries Should Support Israel

Postby AlicetheCurious » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:50 am

Normally, the Israelis wear the "victims of the Holocaust" mask when dealing with the West, and let their true "we are the Master Race" face show, only when dealing with Arabs. <br><br>This career diplomat got mixed up, and forgot to cover his face, hence the "condemnation" of his remarks -- a gentle slap on the wrist, to remind him to be more diplomatic in the future.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Last update - 21:48 13/10/2006 <br> <br> <br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Foreign Ministry slams envoy's comments about 'yellow race'</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br> <br>By Charlotte Halle, Haaretz Correspondent <br> <br>The Foreign Ministry on Friday condemned remarks by the Israeli ambassador to Australia in which he told Haaretz that <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>the two countries are white sisters amid "the yellow race" of Asia</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->.<br><br>...Tamir said that due to what he characterized as the racial similarities between Israel and Australia, the two countries should work together to enhance ties with other Asian countries.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"Israel and Australia are like sisters in Asia," Tamir said in an interview with Haaretz during a visit to Israel this week. "We are in Asia without the characteristics of Asians. We don't have yellow skin and slanted eyes. Asia is basically the yellow race. Australia and Israel are not - we are basically the white race. We are on the western side of Asia and they are on the southeastern side."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>...A career diplomat who served in Tokyo, Washington, Strasbourg and as ambassador in Finland, Tamir is also Israel's non-resident ambassador to Papua New Guinea, Fiji and New Zealand....<br>...<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/774471.html">www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/774471.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
AlicetheCurious

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why Countries Should Support Israel

Postby Gouda » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:32 am

Whoopsy daisy. <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Middle East