Israelis testing new weapon? -- internal organs "dusted

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Israelis testing new weapon? -- internal organs "dusted

Postby professorpan » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:54 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,1924675,00.html">www.guardian.co.uk/israel...75,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Gaza doctors say patients suffering mystery injuries after Israeli attacks<br>· Deaths caused by burning and internal wounds <br>· Jerusalem denies using experimental weapon<br><br>Rory McCarthy in Gaza City<br>Wednesday October 18, 2006<br>Guardian<br><br>Doctors in Gaza have reported previously unseen injuries from Israeli weapons that cause severe burning and leave deep internal wounds, often resulting in amputations or death.<br><br>The injuries were first seen in July, when Israel launched operations in Gaza following the capture of an Israeli soldier by Palestinian militants.<br><br>Doctors said that, unlike traditional combat injuries, there was no large shrapnel found in the bodies and there appeared to be a "dusting" on damaged internal organs.<br><br>"Bodies arrived severely fragmented, melted and disfigured," said Jumaa Saqa'a, a doctor at the Shifa hospital, in Gaza City. "We found internal burning of organs, while externally there were minute pieces of shrapnel. When we opened many of the injured people we found dusting on their internal organs."<br><br>It is not clear whether the injuries come from a new weapon. The Israeli military declined to detail the weapons in its arsenal, but denied reports that the injuries came from a Dense Inert Metal Explosive (Dime), an experimental weapon.<br><br>In Gaza, Dr Saqa'a said the small pieces of shrapnel found in patients' bodies did not show up under x-ray. "We are used to seeing shrapnel penetrate the body making localised damage. Now we didn't see shrapnel, but we found the destruction," he said.<br><br>Most of the injuries were around the abdomen, he said. The doctors also found that patients who were stabilised after one or two days suddenly died. "The patient dies without any apparent scientific cause," he said.<br><br>At the Kamal Odwan hospital, in Beit Lahiya, the deputy director, Saied Jouda, said he had found similar injuries. "We don't know what it means - new weapons or something new added to a previous weapon," he said. He too found patients with severe internal injuries without signs of any large shrapnel pieces. "There was burning, big raw areas of charred flesh," he said. "This must be related to the type of explosive material."<br><br>Photographs of some of the dead from Shifa hospital showed bodies that had been melted and blackened beyond recognition. In several cases doctors amputated badly burnt limbs.<br><br>At least 250 Palestinians have died in Gaza since the latest military operations began and hundreds more have been injured.<br><br>Neither of the doctors could give exact figures for the numbers of patients suffering the new injuries, although both said that most of those brought in during July showed signs of these injuries.<br><br>Dr Saqa'a said the injuries occurred over six weeks beginning in late June, while Dr Jouda said he believed patients admitted even in recent days still showed signs of unusual injuries.<br><br>The health ministry in Gaza reported that these injuries came from an "unprecedented type of projectile," and also noted severe burning and badly damaged internal organs. It called for an investigation into the cause of the wounds.<br><br>"You have complete burns that lead to amputation. You find shrapnel entering the body and leaving very, very small holes. We have never seen this before," said Khalid Radi, a spokesman at the health ministry.<br><br>Tissue samples from patients in Gaza were given to journalists from the Italian television channel RAI. In a documentary shown last week, the channel said the injuries appeared similar to the effects of Dime. An Italian laboratory that analysed the samples reportedly said its results were compatible with the hypothesis that a Dime weapon was involved.<br><br>The weapon is new and in the US it is still in the early stages of development. It has a carbon-fibre casing and contains fine tungsten particles rather than ordinary metal shrapnel. It causes a very powerful blast, but with a much more limited radius than other explosives.<br><br>However, the Israeli military denies the use of Dime weapons.<br><br>"The defence establishment is investing considerable effort to develop weaponry in order to minimise the risk of injury to innocent civilians. With regard to allegations of the use of Dime weaponry, the Israel defence forces deny the possession or use of such weapons," the military said in a statement. "Due to operational reasons, the IDF cannot specify the types and use of weapons in its possession. In addition it should be emphasised that the IDF only uses weapons in accordance with the international law."<br><br>Some Israeli military experts have also dismissed the suggestion that a Dime weapon is involved.<br><br>Isaac Ben-Israel, a professor at Tel Aviv University and a retired Israel air force general who was involved in weapons development, had seen some of the photographs of the dead and injured and said he believed that the wounds came from ordinary explosives. "I can tell you surely that no one in Israel ever developed such a Dime weapon. It doesn't exist at all," he said.<br><br>The International Committee of the Red Cross, which monitors weapons used in conflicts, said it had heard reports of similar injuries from Gaza and was collecting information on the case. "We haven't come to any sort of conclusion about what kind of weapon it was," said Bernard Barrett, an ICRC spokesman. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Ive read any number of reports

Postby slimmouse » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:02 pm

<br><br> Ive read any number of reports about this online.<br><br> Its fucking sickening.<br><br> But like we know, if you dont hear about it in the msm, it hasnt happened. <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Ive read any number of reports

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:47 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>However, the Israeli military denies the use of Dime weapons.<br><br>"The defence establishment is investing considerable effort to develop weaponry in order to minimise the risk of injury to innocent civilians. With regard to allegations of the use of Dime weaponry, the Israel defence forces deny the possession or use of such weapons,"</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Hmmmm....looks like they are saying, " We use these weapons so we can minimize civilian causalties, but we aren't using these weapons. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby Gouda » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:09 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>However, the Israeli military denies the use of Dime weapons.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> They also deny to confirm that they have some 200 nukes. I believe they refer to this as "nuclear ambiguity." <br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Israel, operating on a policy of nuclear ambiguity, has never confirmed or denied whether it has nuclear weapons. It is believed, however, to have the world's sixth-largest stockpile of atomic arms, including hundreds of warheads.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.boston.com/news/world/middleeast/articles/2006/08/25/israel_buys_2_nuclear_capable_submarines/">www.boston.com/news/world...ubmarines/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>DIMES, hmm, is there any ambiguity about crimes against humanity? <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Postby Gouda » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:30 pm

Rai News 24 has a 16 min video investigation into the matter. The video link is found on the Rai weblink (english version) below on the right side of the page. This provides the video with english translation. Warning: graphic images.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>GAZA. INEXPLICABLE WOUNDS AND NEW WEAPONS</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rainews24.rai.it/ran24/inchieste/10102006_gaza_eng.asp">www.rainews24.rai.it/ran2...za_eng.asp</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>The investigation notes that technically such new weapons are not illegal, because they are new, and are thus not (yet) covered under any conventions or treaties. <br><br>More on DIME's here:<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Dense Inert Metal Explosive (DIME)</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/dime.htm">www.globalsecurity.org/mi...s/dime.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>In mid-October 2006 a team of investigative journalists at RAI Italian television reported that Israel had been using a new weapon in the Gaza Strip, similar to DIME – dense inert metal explosive. The report was produced by the same journalists who claimed without foundation that the US used White Phosphorus (WP) against civilians during attacks on Fallujah. According to the Israeli daily Haaretz, the weapon was launched from drones in the summer of 2006, most of them in July, and led to "abnormally serious" physical injuries. Physicians in the Gaza Strip noted the pattern of wounds they were treating were unusual, with severed legs that showed signs of severe heat at the point of amputation but no metal shrapnel. The American version is still in a testing stage and had not been used on the battlefield at that time. It has not been "declared an illegal weapon", though the weapon was claimed [without described basis] to be "highly carcinogenic and harmful to the environment". <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> People actually go to the office with coffee in hand to conceive, design and make this stuff. <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

KKK in action

Postby slimmouse » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:42 pm

<br><br> Bump<br><br> Nice huh? <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: KKK in action

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:28 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The report was produced by the same journalists who claimed without foundation that the US used White Phosphorus (WP) against civilians during attacks on Fallujah.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>So WTF was happening on that video of Fallujah?<br><br>I checked Fallujah out on Googe earth the other week. there are huge chunks of it missing. It looks like suburbs have been demolished in places. Nothing left standing. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Re: Business is business...

Postby AlicetheCurious » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:17 am

Must be nice to have your own private lab, filled with human guinea pigs...<br><br>Bump. <p></p><i></i>
AlicetheCurious

Re: Business is business...

Postby postrchild » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:49 pm

anyone thought about microwave energy in this? Sounds like what used to happen when I would put a hotdog in the micro too long.... <p></p><i></i>
postrchild

Haaretz is covering this in Israel

Postby Seventhsonjr » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:42 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/772933.html">www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/772933.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>What is really nasty is that according to the Haaretz report, limbs are being severed in some cases.<br><br>People sliced in half?<br><br>Sounds like DIME is a hot metal laser that can either be focused or sprayed like a garden hose.<br><br>Heironymos Bosch, anyone.<br><br>I am glad that the Israeli press is not shying away from the story which means we should take it even more seriously in terms of its legitimacy. (I am not saying it isn't credible, but what I am saying is that the fact that haaretz has published this story means it is NOT easily dismissed as antiJewish propaganda)<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Seventhsonjr

Re: Haaretz is covering this in Israel

Postby AlicetheCurious » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:29 am

Interesting, Seventhsonjr. You hear about people, including children (!!!) being burned alive and cut in pieces by some apalling new weapon, and you fret about whether it could be "anti-Jewish" propaganda. <br><br>Me, the first thing I thought about, was the fact that the Israeli occupation forces have kicked out all foreigners and even Palestinians with dual citizenship, even humanitarian aid workers who are so desperately needed; ie all potential witnesses, with ties to the outside world.<br><br>"Was THAT what they were trying to hide?" was the first question that popped into my mind. "What other ideas have they come up with, for solving 'the Palestinian problem'?" was the second.<br><br>Israel must be forced to allow an independent international investigation. In a sane world, the United Nations would be carrying out inspections of whether Israeli treatment of the Palestinian population, complies with international law. If not, there must be economic and military sanctions against Israel until it stops committing war crimes and compensates its victims.<br><br>This is not happening. One reason this is not happening, is that so many people have been innoculated with this post-hypnotic suggestion that any crime of the Zionist state, no matter how cruel or horrific, must prompt a knee-jerk reaction of "is this good for the Jews?", with 'the Jews' being defined as the parasitical blood-suckers who squat on top of a multi-billion dollar industry promoting the mystical dogma of eternal and unique Jewish victimization. <br><br>It's unbelievably effective, causing many otherwise intelligent, educated, moral people to say the stupidest things, to ignore facts and logic, and to tolerate injustice and inhuman cruelty towards all the victims of these criminals, rather than risking thoughtcrime.<br><br>Me, I tend to worry about the real victims, who are being killed and crippled and tortured and orphaned and starved, rather than about offending people's feelings. Particularly those people who are at the very least implicated by their willing silence as murderers and war criminals claim to speak and act on their behalf.<br><br>But for those whose primary loyalty is not to what's fair, what's decent, what's right, or even what's legal, but to some tribal affiliation; to those people who are intimidated into abandoning truth, compassion and morality, because of the dogmatic premise that "a Jew - by definition - is ALWAYS the victim", regardless of the facts: as a counter-innoculation, I highly recommend "The Holocaust Industry" by Norman G. Finkelstein. This small book is an excellent introduction to the cynical manipulation of, and exploitation of, Jewish suffering by elites to fill their own pockets and bully their opponents with impunity.<br><br>'The Jews' are being used as human shields by individuals who commit vicious crimes and deliberately and loudly implicate all Jews so they can't be prosecuted, or even <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>stopped</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> (?!) <p></p><i></i>
AlicetheCurious

Re: Haaretz is covering this in Israel

Postby hava1 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:09 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>'The Jews' are being used as human shields by individuals who commit vicious crimes and deliberately and loudly implicate all Jews so they can't be prosecuted, or even stopped (?!)<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br>so very true. <p></p><i></i>
hava1

Re: More on "why they hate us", Chapter 9,732

Postby AlicetheCurious » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:01 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Israel admits to using phosphorus bombs in recent Lebanon war</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br> <br>By Meron Rapoport <br> <br>Israel has acknowledged for the first time that it attacked Hezbollah targets during the second Lebanon war with phosphorus shells. White phosphorus causes very painful and often lethal chemical burns to those hit by it, and until recently Israel maintained that it only uses such bombs to mark targets or territory.<br><br>The announcement that the Israel Defense Forces had used phosphorus bombs in the war in Lebanon was made by Minister Jacob Edery, in charge of government-Knesset relations. He had been queried on the matter by MK Zahava Gal-On (Meretz-Yahad).<br><br>"The IDF holds phosphorus munitions in different forms," Edery said. "The IDF made use of phosphorous shells during the war against Hezbollah in attacks against military targets in open ground."<br><br>Edery also pointed out that international law does not forbid the use of phosphorus and that "the IDF used this type of munitions according to the rules of international law."<br><br>Edery did not specify where and against what types of targets phosphorus munitions were used. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>During the war several foreign media outlets reported that Lebanese civilians carried injuries characteristic of attacks with phosphorus, a substance that burns when it comes to contact with air.<br><br>In one CNN report, a casualty with serious burns was seen lying in a South Lebanon hospital.<br><br>In another case, Dr. Hussein Hamud al-Shel, who works at Dar al-Amal hospital in Ba'albek, said that he had received three corpses "entirely shriveled with black-green skin," a phenomenon characteristic of phosphorus injuries.<br><br>Lebanon's President Emile Lahoud also claimed that the IDF made use of phosphorus munitions against civilians in Lebanon</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->.<br><br>Phosphorus has been used by armies since World War I. During World War II and Vietnam the U.S. and British armies made extensive use of phosphorus. During recent decades the tendency has been to ban the use of phosphorus munitions against any target, civilian or military, because of the severity of the injuries that the substance causes.<br><br>Some experts believe that phosphorus munitions should be termed Chemical Weapons (CW) because of the way the weapons burn and attack the respiratory system. As a CW, phosphorus would become a clearly illegal weapon.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>The International Red Cross is of the opinion that there should be a complete ban on phosphorus being used against human beings and the third protocol of the Geneva Convention on Conventional Weapons restricts the use of "incendiary weapons," with phosphorus considered to be one such weapon.<br><br>Israel and the United States are not signatories to the Third Protocol.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>In November 2004 the U.S. Army used phosphorus munitions during an offensive in Faluja, Iraq. Burned bodies of civilians hit by the phosphorus munitions were shown by the press, and an international outcry against the practice followed.<br><br>Initially the U.S. denied that it had used phosphorus bombs against humans, but then acknowledged that during the assault targets that were neither civilian nor population concentrations were hit with such munitions.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Israel also says that the use of "incendiary munitions are not in themselves illegal."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br> <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/777560.html">www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/777560.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
AlicetheCurious

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:32 pm

Video, cross-posting from the cool sites thread:<br><br> <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.brasscheck.com/videos/iraq/iraqwar4.html">www.brasscheck.com/videos...qwar4.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 10/22/06 7:55 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby anotherdrew » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:25 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/09/12/EDG6PKDT301.DTL">sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...KDT301.DTL</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>we've got them too and may be using them as well by now <p></p><i></i>
anotherdrew

Next

Return to Middle East