Local high weirdness

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Local high weirdness

Postby DrEvil » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:35 pm

You can right-click the word "Image" and chose view image, so it's kinda there, just not showing. Not sure why exactly. Adblocker maybe?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:58 pm

Another thing I learned about my local area was from my cousin. There were a couple of things he told me. He died in Dec of 2016, but when I visited him in the hospital he told me about our uncle who took him on hunting trips on the reserve. Uncle showed him a place where my cousin said there were these little cabins. I don't know how many. Our uncle told him they were from the time of the flu, I'm guessing the Spanish flu. There were these "little people" who died there. I think he said there were 4 or 5 of these cabins and that these little people all died there, their remains are still in those cabins. My uncle told him "never to go there". I think my uncle said they all died from the flu.

My cousin didn't describe what they looked like, only that they were "little". It reminded me of what my mom told me about these people seen around the reserve. They were called in Ojibway "People of the rocks", because whenever they were chased, they would disappear into the rocks. They were described as being small and having no nose with yellow skin. I don't know if they're the same as those who died in the cabins.

My cousin also told me of a cave entrance and when people look in there, they see what looks like steps. Constructed steps, not like natural formation. They describe seeing large spiders down there, the size of large dogs. He said shamans would go in there and do their rituals or get "stuff" from there. Again, he was told "never to go there". I don't know about that, I knew of where he was talking about, having been there in the past. Where ever this cave is, it must be well hidden.
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby DrEvil » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:06 pm

That reminds me of the local fairies/elves, called Hulder. They're small and they live underground or inside the mountains. A common name for them is "dei underjordiske", literally "the subterraneans". Outside of Iceland hardly anyone believes in them any more, but local farmers still put out food and drink for them over the holidays to ward off bad luck.

There are still old places around here where you can almost feel their presence. One in particular that gave me goosebumps is across the fjord to a small place only accessible by boat. It has a small pebble beach, and if you go up a small hill there's a flat area of grass with a large, flat rock in the middle that looks suspiciously like an altar, and a circle of small trees around it. The rest of the area is overgrown, except for this one place.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:58 pm

I recall asking a co-worker at one of my former jobs about paranormal stuff where he lived because he lived relatively far from town. He just mentioned how one night they saw lights in the sky one night in their backyard when he was a teenager. The next day they went to look and saw a strange circle on the ground. He said every spring these flowers would grow only in the circle where the thing "landed".
Actually, I can't remember if he said "light" or if it was multiple "lights".
That place DrEvil mentioned triggered my memory of this.
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Previous

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness