Ike's treaty as told by American Horror Story

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Ike's treaty as told by American Horror Story

Postby Spiro C. Thiery » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:51 pm

This is not necessarily a recommendation, but I wonder who of you have seen the four episodes of American Horror Story season 10. The season, called Double Feature, was split in two, with the final four eps being called Death Valley.

It's basically a take on the great American myth, appropriate for the series, of President Eisenhower's deal with the aliens in the 50s. It threads just about any of the major American conspiracies into the story, whether they'd been theorized as having actually been a result of it or not.

There are many things I can say about the quality, much not very good, but some of the actors are good and it was interesting to see it spun together on such a mainstream program. Most interestingly, perusing the reviews of those four individual eps on imdb, virtually no one expressed awareness of the theories they were based on and rather just saw it as a take on UFO lore, many thought it was camp.

Of course, I cannot help but wonder about its value as disinfo or otherwise, as I have long decided the UFO myth predominantly consists of American military and spycraft framing a narrative for present and future use.

In looking into this I also came across the existence of a movie on the same topic called The 11th Green, which I have yet to see.
Seeing the world through rose-colored latex.
Spiro C. Thiery

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Ike's treaty as told by American Horror Story

Postby Grizzly » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:20 am

Haven't listened to this one yet but I can't recommend enough the Brothers of the Serpent podcast. This is part 10 on the topic of UFO's and the occult. Some of my favorite podcasts ever.

http://www.brothersoftheserpent.com/2022/09/episode-260-ufos-part-10-spookiest.html?m=1
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness