Robert Anton Wilson on Vallee, UMMO, Budd Hopkins

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Robert Anton Wilson on Vallee, UMMO, Budd Hopkins

Postby Jeff » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:47 pm

Found these remarks in a letter to James Moseley, published in Saucer Smear, Dec 1994:

".. The kind of UFO cases that interest me usually fall into Jacques Vallee's sixth or seventh degree of strangeness, e.g. the Travis Walton case. I don't literally believe in aliens who molested Walton, but a lot of details leave me with the feeling that nobody consciously lied. All the witnesses and Walton tried to tell the truth about something for which they had no neurolinguistic grids (`mental categories') except those of bad sci-fi movies. In other words, my hunch about this and some similar cases comes down to the two ideas that (1) Weird Shit Happens, and that (2) when it happens, nobody at this stage of evolution knows how to talk about it.

"The other kind cf case that still interests me falls into the UMMO type. I don't believe the UMMO messages come from aliens, but I find the `more reasonable' explanations (a deliberate deception by some intelligence agency and/or by the Crazy Billionaire I have elsewhere hypothesized) a bit unconvincing and a little paranoid, so I go on wondering. ...

"Budd Hopkins had a diatribe in the November issue of FATE saying everybody who doubts Linda Napolitano must, logically, claim she has a sociopathic personality, and that's not nice to say. Does that mean nobody can ever doubt anything anybody else ever says? If not, why not? I suspect Budd knows even less about general psychology than about ethical hypnosis..."
Jeff
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness