Theme Park Black Ring UFO.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Theme Park Black Ring UFO.

Postby barracuda » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:59 pm

Black Ring Spotted Over Theme Park

(June 17) -- When Denna Smith's family saw a black ring floating over the theme park they were visiting, they pointed their video camera to the sky.

Kings Dominion, the Virginia theme park, said what the family caught on tape was just smoke from a roller coaster called Volcano: The Blast Coaster.

"I'm thinking it that it might be what Kings Dominion said it was," UFO investigator Cameron Pack told WAVY-TV. Still, Pack is investigating the ring because it looks similar to a sighting at Virginia's Fort Belvoir in the 1950s.

Smith doesn't think it was smoke -- but she doesn't believe it was a UFO, either.

"Smoke usually looks smoky, cloudy ... this was a perfect circle," she told WAVY. "This thing was lined up so tight like it was a cut in the middle of the sky."

So what was it?

Smith, who said she thinks it's "still out there," believes it was a sign.

"God gives you signs and I just feel like that was a sign," she said. "I'm not sure what that sign meant but it meant a great deal to my family because when we went home, we all got in line and prayed together. We were freaking out."

Video at UPI.

These are the Fort Belvoir UFO photos from 1957:

The Condon Report (p.168) devoted 11 pages to this case. One morning in September, 1957 an Army private at Fort Belvoir, Va. was called from his barracks by his buddies to witness what appeared to be a black, ring-shaped UFO approaching. The private grabbed his Brownie camera and snapped 6 pictures of it, of which this was the first. After about 5 minutes, the black ring, which appeared "solid" to the soldier and glided steadily along, began to be "engulfed in white smoke."
Last edited by barracuda on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby monster » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:14 pm

I saw this on CNN, and until they mentioned the 1950's case, I thought it was a curiosity, but probably smoke.

The 50's case makes it so much more interesting. When they showed the old photos, I flashed back to the X-files, where Mulder often has old newspaper clippings.

I don't really know what to say about it, other than I'm all for longitudinal paranormal studies. But I'd think if it really were smoke, they should be able to recreate it, or there would be photographs floating around from other tourists who have captured the same thing.
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:14 am

Reported by Nick Kenney

UPDATE: Mystery of "UFO" seen last week near Millington is solved

A mysterious picture, taken at a home near Millington, kept people perplexed for nearly a week. (Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see the picture)

The image, of a mysterious object hovering over the ground, spurred dozens of emails from WMCTV.com readers.

Suggestions on what the object might be were varied, from water on a lense, to a spaceship with a cloaking device, to a stealth aircraft.

One email even called us "stupid."

Our search for the real answer took us far and wide, eventually ending in Eads, where itwas found alongside another big, open pasture.

Amid rows of pipe, and lines of charge, the answer lurked...with Randy Bast.

Bast is the operator of High Tech Special Effects. A crew headed by Bast spent last Wednesday near Lucy Road at Memphis Motorsports Park, shooting pyrotechnics for an upcoming television special.

At 7:30 that night, they set off a gas bomb. A carbon smoke ring, a byproduct of the bomb that usually lasts no more than five minutes, stuck around for over 40 minutes.

"There was no wind that day, so it hung there remarkably long, compared to the normal ones that we do," Bast said.

The answer: A smoke ring, something perhaps un-natural, but definitely not supernatural.

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6867470
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby barracuda » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:24 pm

I thought it might be worth a mention that there is a 3300 acre Naval Air Support base in Millington.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness