New Lake Havasu City, Arizona, UFO footage.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

New Lake Havasu City, Arizona, UFO footage.

Postby barracuda » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cti1D0kC ... popt00us06

Could someone please help confirm or debunk? 'Cause this is some startling footage, and the soundtrack is pretty awesome as well. Still looking for more information.

The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby monster » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Seriously, do people not know how to look for new posts in forums besides General Discussion?

*tumbleweed blows through*

My intuition says hoax, but I can't explain why.

There ought to be a thread telling people how to do stuff - insert images, hyperlink text (instead of naked URLs), check for new posts, etc.
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby barracuda » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:10 pm

The visual is pretty incredible, but the somewhat deadpan conversation behind it reads as credible to me. Lake Havasu, AZ seems like a hotbed of sightings. I wonder if there are nearby military installations. Looking.

AFA the tumbleweeds, I don't know, but I think it's important to keep posting shit like this for reference when I come across it. These threads down here get like three hundred views, but zero replies.
barracuda

Postby operator kos » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:43 pm

monster wrote:Seriously, do people not know how to look for new posts in forums besides General Discussion?

jeez, sorry. I didn't know people actually regularly read and posted anywhere other than general discussion.
operator kos

Postby Luther Blissett » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:07 pm

I check this one out more often than any of the others. Also, with the search function, if you are really looking to research a specific subject, it doesn't matter whether it's in general discussion or one of the other fora.
Luther Blissett

Postby monster » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:35 pm

operator kos wrote:
monster wrote:Seriously, do people not know how to look for new posts in forums besides General Discussion?

jeez, sorry. I didn't know people actually regularly read and posted anywhere other than general discussion.

They tend not to, for whatever reason, so I'm not sure why we actually have these forums down here.

(And just to avoid misunderstanding, I didn't make that quoted comment in reference to your thread in General Discussion, I wrote it a few weeks ago.)
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby elfismiles » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:37 am

I saw this footage over at Department 47 where the username Skeptical suggested a reasonably positive ID:

Spectacular UFO or promotional balloon?
http://www.department47.com/spectacular ... t1498.html

Maybe not an exact match but damn close and the object moves unlike a ufo but very much like a balloon, even if a saucer-shaped one.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby monster » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:59 am

Good one - I vote for the balloon.
monster

Postby elfismiles » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:16 pm

monster wrote:Good one - I vote for the balloon.

If there is a stabilized version of the footage it might be possible to detect "bounce" in the object that would reflect the probable elasticity of the rubbery vinyl boundaries of the balloon.

It should also be possible to analyze the reflectiveness of the surface in the video and compare it to one of these balloons.

However, with videos like this one (aside from the classic saucer shape of the object) there is nothing in it that to my mind warrants further analysis since it is not behaving like a "true UFO", ie-no aerial performance outside the realms of terrestrial objects.
elfismiles

Postby barracuda » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:53 pm

If it is a balloon, it's pretty obviously not that particular one, because the ridges on the "ring" have no presence in the video at all, rather, the "ball" area appears to have multiple levels of complexity, as if the disc had a pointed axis extending out of either end like a top.
barracuda

Postby monster » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:58 am

barracuda wrote:If it is a balloon, it's pretty obviously not that particular one

Ya it's not that particular one. I just didn't see anything in the vid that would rule out a balloon. (Of course, I saw nothing that would rule out an alien probe either.)
monster

Postby elfismiles » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:08 am

bumpin balloon boy rides again...
elfismiles

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness