Local high weirdness

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Local high weirdness

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:28 pm

I thought I would share a sighting that happened here recently.

A tragedy unfolded here last month that resulted in my cousin's husband being shot and killed. It is a small community of about 100 people and so this was a major shock to everyone there. It contains mainly all of my relatives, one of those 'everyone knows everyone' communities.

My cousin's dad had some visitors from the States visit him after hearing about the tragedy about his son-in-law to see how he was doing. On their way out, along the highway, they saw a strange creature. They described it as having the head of a goat, the torso of a man and the legs of a goat. My uncle said they wondered "What was that?" as they drove by. They saw it walk into the bush and turned back to have a look. They got out of their vehicle and saw hoof prints where the creature had stood and walked into the woods. Needless to say, the people were creeped out by this.

A friend of my mom's said that people tend to see strange things when something tragic like that happens. There were two people killed in the shooting and there was a suicide two weeks earlier in the community. So there has been a lot of sadness and shock they have had to deal with recently.

Personally, I think it's a spirit that is attracted to such high negative emotive energy or it feeds off that kind of energy. Some of the children also reported seeing a small man with long blonde hair running around the community during the evening. I don't know about that, I don't know anyone who knows about that one.
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Local high weirdness

Postby ronin » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:25 am

Personally, I find it very interesting. Can you share where this took place?
"Fable is more historical than fact, because fact tells us about one man and fable tells us about a million men." - G.K. Chesterton
ronin

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:58 pm

It took place in Northwestern Ontario.
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby Luther Blissett » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:25 pm

I can track down some reports of incidences that resemble what might be going on up there in hopes that something sounds familiar. Right off the bat I'm thinking of a lot of things.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby ronin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Are there any indigenous groups living on or near the area? In America, the term is reservation but not sure if that's used in Canada or not. How about military?

Again, thanks for sharing the initial post and anything else you can.
"Fable is more historical than fact, because fact tells us about one man and fable tells us about a million men." - G.K. Chesterton
ronin

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:18 pm

The shooting took place on a reserve. (We call them 'reserves' in Canada) The sighting took place on the highway on the way to town. It takes about 40 minutes to drive from the town I live in to the reserve. Where I live is about 50% Native and 50% non-Native. The Canadian military had a radar base here, but it closed down over 20 years ago.
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:36 pm

There is something I want to share about something I saw when I was 15 years old.

I was out with my friends one Friday evening and then went home. My parents wanted me home at 11:00 pm on Friday nights. I waited till everyone was asleep and snuck out. I went to my friends house, he and his mom were watching Beverly Hills Cop. We watched it, then they gave me the couch to sleep on. I decided to leave just before 3 am. On my way home I stopped behind the high school, the spot where we usually smoked. It was a starry evening as I remember it. Along the fence line I began to notice something. I saw something on the ground. It was dark and couldn't quite make it out. I walked across to look closer at the edge of the driveway behind the school. I stared at it. I thought "Is that two people having sex?" It was writhing around on the ground. The longer I looked the more formless it looked. It looked like a blob of some "thing" rolling around on the ground. I just stood there staring, for however long it takes to smoke a cigarette. For some reason I never stepped in for a closer look.

I told my brother years later about this, he told a friend and that friend suspected that some "thing" maybe had punched it's way into our reality and was being "birthed" at that moment in time. I don't know.

To this day I still think about what I saw. Could've been a dog rolling on the ground, could've been a bird. I remember it did look kind of "white". Nothing I've read or seen about the paranormal since then fits about what I saw. What do you think?
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby LolaB » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:07 pm

Thanks for your story Handsome,
this quote of yours is uncannily similar alien encounter / sighting I had around 2015 or so...
I saw something on the ground. It was dark and couldn't quite make it out. I walked across to look closer at the edge of the driveway behind the school. I stared at it. I thought "Is that two people having sex?" It was writhing around on the ground

Fast forward to the Tuna Canyon Labyrinth, which overlooks the Santa Monica bay in southern California.
Here is my White V / Alien story:

We've been hiking up to the labyrinth for more than a year. Always on Fullmoon's, usually a small group of ladies, with the occasional lucky guy. Very informal, bit of clearing, toning and a good howl at the moon.
Last November we happened to be 7 women, all earth & water signs. Then a few more friends showed up, fire & air. Which made for a big enough group (you need about 10) to take turns lifting people up to the moon. I hadn't done that in years, it was great fun and powerful.
After this we all wandered about socializing. I decided to take a pee in the bushes. Did not feel like I was in a trance of notice anything unusual. Next to the labyrinth is a roundish dent in earth, a seasonal pond, less than 2 feet deep. Now dry. Inside it I saw what I hadn't noticed before, a black, moving shape with an unusual amount of long and lanky limbs. At first I thought it were two skinny teenagers having sex or making out, dressed in black,
But then, I couldn't locate their faces, or see very well, even though it was less than 5 yards away and the Moon was way up and bright.
So I stood there rooted on the spot, having a wtf moment, trying to figure out what I'm looking at. It moved, but not away or toward me, it was almost as if it was surprised that I could see it. There was no fear, at all. Then a clearly defined, bright white, wide V appeared on it. Not sure if it was on it's head, chest or if it actually was it's face. It seemed there was a telepathic question from me "Who are you?" and the answer was "I'm just watching." I promptly forgot about having to pee. For a moment I stood there, unsure of what to do. Then I calmly lifted one hand and waved.
And it promptly lifted one gangly, black limb and waved back. :shock:
Then I went back to the group and pretty soon we wrapped it up and started heading back down the hill. As we were leaving I looked back and saw that it was still there. In fact, the white V was peeking over the edge of the pond, like the "Kilroy was here".graffiti.
It took me a couple of days to process this encounter, but when I checked in with my friends, none had noticed this was going on. Nor was anything unusual encountered the few times we've been there since.

It's my understanding that it's a multi-dimensional type of thing. Nothing like this had happened to me before or after, although I have had multiple UFO type of sightings over the years, some shared with others.

Happy All Hallows / All Saints Day to all RI peeps, party on. :thumbsup
LolaB

Postby Elvis » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:36 pm

I'd love to hear more like this. Both stories describe a from of weirdness I don't think I've heard before.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:03 pm

LolaB » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:07 am wrote:
For a moment I stood there, unsure of what to do. Then I calmly lifted one hand and waved.
And it promptly lifted one gangly, black limb and waved back. :shock:
Then I went back to the group and pretty soon we wrapped it up and started heading back down the hill. As we were leaving I looked back and saw that it was still there. In fact, the white V was peeking over the edge of the pond, like the "Kilroy was here".graffiti.
It took me a couple of days to process this encounter, but when I checked in with my friends, none had noticed this was going on. Nor was anything unusual encountered the few times we've been there since.

It's my understanding that it's a multi-dimensional type of thing. Nothing like this had happened to me before or after, although I have had multiple UFO type of sightings over the years, some shared with others. :thumbsup

Wow, you actually interacted with your "encounter". Very strange indeed.

I neglected to say that my encounter took place around April of 1988.

Another incident happened in the same place. It was around early August of 1996. I went for a late walk, just before midnight. On my way back home I decided to cut across the old high school. When I was walking behind it, I noticed something by the rear west entrance. I thought someone was breaking in, as it had been broken into in the past. I thought someone was peering into the window and when it moved I saw it was very tall, almost as tall as the building itself. It was completely black and was more like a shadow and when it moved, it floated. It had no feet that I could see. When I realized this I started to move, I tried to walk fast without making it obvious I was trying to get away. It was one of those things where I thought if I ran it would attract it's attention. I got home and my brother's wife was smoking on the front steps and told her what just had happened.
About 2 years later, I helped my brother and his wife move to Belleville, Ontario, as she was attending college there. I got back about mid September and when I read the local newspaper from the issues I had missed, there was a story about how some people had called the police about someone peeping into windows. When the OPP arrived they saw a black figure outside the apartment building. They said it was high above the ground and it "floated". I thought "Wow, that sounds like the thing I saw." These apartment buildings are right beside my old high school.
I don't know what it is about that area. I think that building was built in the 60's and was built on swampy ground. Kind of creepy now that it's no longer used. I think it's used for adult education now, the town had a new high school built.
I think I'll try to take a picture of it and post it here.
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby Grizzly » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:56 pm

We're really doing full moon Halloween into daylight savings into election into martial law into civil war this week? Lemme make some coffee...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby LolaB » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:45 am

I just want to add some remarks on Handsome's reports of high weirdness at his old high school. It seems that paranormal activity has a liking for teenagers and gravitates towards people & places where strong emotions are present.

That was definitely the case on 12.12.2015 when I had the biggest (by size) UFO sighting so far. Just looked up the date b/c I made a note / drawing in my calendar. On that day the annual Nutcracker Performance was taking place at our local community house. About 30 kids of all ages, and all their families and friends. It's a big deal. I was outside, directing traffic / helping with parking. While inside the show had started I noticed a UFO disk shaped object, below the horizon, hovering over the boulevard, motionless. It had windows / lights on the upper half, and just sat there. It was hard to judge the size, be seemed comparable to the big mansions on the hill. So I pointed it out to Jerry, the caretaker, who was out there with me. "Can you see that?" And he did. "That looks just like a UFO." We watched it for a few minutes, then went around the corner, and when I looked back it had vanished.
One of those things...
Topanga is known as a hotspot, this guy wrote a book about it:
https://books.google.com/books/about/UFOs_Over_Topanga_Canyon.html?id=8NMKKIV2518C
LolaB

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:44 pm

Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:46 pm

Hmmm, how do you post an image here?