'shadow people'&dark corners of the mind

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

'shadow people'&dark corners of the mind

Postby Inkwhyring » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:57 pm

There are all kinds of ghosts/ghoulies/monsters,etc. that are believed to exist by some,I am open-minded but unfortunately,described as 'grounded',I guess not in tune with the spiritual,whatever...I used to be of the mind-set that if I hadn't seen it myself,it didn't exist.Just no way,uh-huh,right,right,right(thinking "crackers")but one thing I have seen,is a shadow-creature.Another person saw it,too-we had just opened the door,to an abandoned suburban,Brady-Bunch modern,house(Remember the wall-size nature photograph thing-circa macrame,Tupperware era?)as the door opened,a tall lean wolf-like shadow seemed to 'slide' right out and around the corner,in one fluid movement.We looked at one another,to confirm what we both had seen.My mother,though,has seen an actual 'shadow person',but alas,my peice of crap computer is overheating..... :fem:
Inkwhyring

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: 'shadow people'&dark corners of the mind

Postby Inkwhyring » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:01 pm

I am replying to myself,so I can write more on the subject.Re:dark corners of the mind-where evil lurks,under the bed,or in your head?What is one w/o the other?We all have different perception,and some,even 'extra-sensory perception'As I've mentioned,I am not one who has.Was told I'm too 'grounded'...I forget,does that mean the electricity runs THROUGH a ground,or STOPS at the ground?Or neither,hmm...is a 'portal' a vessel,or a door?Anyways,I want to hear what people have seen or experienced,supernatural type stuff.I know there's more out there than what we see with the 'naked' eye,so if you have a story,I'd like to hear it!And,what lies in the dark corners of YOUR mind?Me?I've occasionally thought 'I bet I could be a hit-woman,kill complete strangers for money'Terrible,huh?But,I absolutely cannot bear to see any critter suffer,one time I found a cold,presumably dead house-fly in our refrigerator,I packed it around all day in a Tupperware lid,with some bread crumbs,and a capful of water,and nursed it back to life!I swear.R.S.V.P.!!!!!!
Inkwhyring

Postby Inkwhyring » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:01 pm

I am replying to myself,so I can write more on the subject.Re:dark corners of the mind-where evil lurks,under the bed,or in your head?What is one w/o the other?We all have different perception,and some,even 'extra-sensory perception'As I've mentioned,I am not one who has.Was told I'm too 'grounded'...I forget,does that mean the electricity runs THROUGH a ground,or STOPS at the ground?Or neither,hmm...is a 'portal' a vessel,or a door?Anyways,I want to hear what people have seen or experienced,supernatural type stuff.I know there's more out there than what we see with the 'naked' eye,so if you have a story,I'd like to hear it!And,what lies in the dark corners of YOUR mind?Me?I've occasionally thought 'I bet I could be a hit-woman,kill complete strangers for money'Terrible,huh?But,I absolutely cannot bear to see any critter suffer,one time I found a cold,presumably dead house-fly in our refrigerator,I packed it around all day in a Tupperware lid,with some bread crumbs,and a capful of water,and nursed it back to life!I swear.R.S.V.P.!!!!!!
Inkwhyring

Postby Inkwhyring » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:04 pm

OOPS!DAMN IT!
Inkwhyring

Postby justdrew » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:55 am

sounds like an interesting sighting you had. Anything else of interest in that house?

I've not seen anything weird like that myself, not even a ufo (that I remember :) )
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Freitag » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:10 pm

I had a bad experience with a shadow person once, it attacked me in my sleep. They do exist, and they're nasty.
Freitag

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Inkwhyring » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:14 pm

I think I'm talking to myself again,I dunno how to properly navigate this place,or the computer,period.Anyway,I wonder why supernatural beings take different forms like orbs,apparitions,shadow people,etc?Hey-how did you see it if you were asleep?Also-doesn't it have to be daylight to see a shadow,really?I guess not.Not in dark corners...
Inkwhyring

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:02 pm

My old best friend from college was a Jehovah's Witness, and for whatever reason told me that belief in / tales of / alleged encounters with shadow people / sleep paralysis are disproportionately common in their community.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby DrEvil » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:50 pm

I haven't actually seen anyone/thing, but something slapped my leg hard once, just after I'd gone to bed (I never fall asleep immediately, so I'm 99,9% sure that it was real).
My house is built on top of an old grave, and I will occasionally hear someone stomping across the attic in boots. I always assumed it was the house "moving" with the temperature outside, but it did stop as soon as my mother yelled at "him" to "Knock it the Hell off! We're trying to sleep!".

And there's also the concept of "Vardøgr" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vard%C3%B8gr

I can say with 100% certainty that this is real. My mother's ex had it in spades.
We would hear his car pull up outside the house, the car door and the front door slamming, and steps coming up the stairs. 15 minutes later we would hear it again, but this time he was actually there. This happened pretty much every single day. My mother actually started timing dinner to it.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Peregrine » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:23 am

Luther Blissett wrote:My old best friend from college was a Jehovah's Witness, and for whatever reason told me that belief in / tales of / alleged encounters with shadow people / sleep paralysis are disproportionately common in their community.

Funny that you mention that, Luther, because when I was a practicing JW many moons ago & married, I had horrible problems with sleep paralysis & being pinned by an unseen being. When I left the husband & the religion, the problem dissipated. The thing with JW's is that they tend to instill a bit of a fear of demons in their followers & I sometimes think that this instilled fear can manifest itself.
~don't let your mouth write a cheque your ass can't cash~
Peregrine

Postby Inkwhyring » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Hmm...there's something to that-I am not religious,church-going,God-fearing,or much of a believer at all-do you think that's why none of the conjuring spells and summoning incantations I've tried have worked?Crap! :sarcasm
Inkwhyring

Postby barracuda » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:05 am

On the street heading towards my house there's a mailbox stuck to the top of a four-by-four with a perpendicular cross beam under it, and no matter how many times I drive by it, even if I know it's coming and think about it first, from a certain oblique angle it so strikingly resembles a small blonde girl child with her head bowed as if she's praying or looking at her feet that always, for an instant at least, I can't shake the impression and I wonder if she's okay to be standing there so close to the road not paying quite enough attention to the traffic.
barracuda

Postby Inkwhyring » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:29 am

That makes me think,even if it is just a mailbox,what all there really could be out there,and even right here!I used to,when someone would tell me about how they'd seen a spirit,or ghost,or Bigfoot,or UFO,think to myself,"...right,right,right",but now,I have to AT LEAST admit that just because I haven't seen something,doesn't mean it doesn't exist!I can't,for certain,say that Bigfoot,(or whatever)does not exist-I might have my doubts,but I have to be open-minded enough to know it's possible,anyway.What about the incredible infinite beyond our galaxy,or the plane that spirits,orbs,and shadow people exist in,or the idea that evil might be posing as good?You just never know. :bigsmile
Inkwhyring

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness