More local high weirdness

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

More local high weirdness

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Mon May 28, 2012 3:01 pm

A co-worker I traveled with to the city told me some bizarre stories that took place in our small town.

Item: A man comes into town and goes to a local bar. While there, he meets a woman and the two go back to her place. They engage in sexual intercourse. Two weeks later, the man is feeling lonely and thinks about the great weekend he had with said woman. He hops into a cab and gives him the address. The cab driver gives him a strange look and says "Are you sure?". The man answers "Yes." The cab proceeds to take him to . .. an empty lot. The man can't believe it. He said he wasn't dreaming or imagined the experience.

Item: A woman is sleeping in her bedroom. An attractive blonde man walks out of her closet in the darkness of her bedroom and 'offers' himself to her. She says no and he walks back into her closet and disappears.
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: More local high weirdness

Postby harry ashburn » Mon May 28, 2012 5:39 pm

phEW! I got away with another one!
A skeleton walks into a bar. Orders a beer, and a mop. -anon
harry ashburn

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:29 pm

lol @ harry ashburn.

There's more.

Item: There is a 'hole' in the ground, kind of like a miniature open pit, a sand pit as it were, where people have seen little horses at the bottom. Eyewitness accounts also of little thunderstorms at the bottom of the pit. It is said that they see little clouds and lightning bolts and hear rumbles of thunder from this hole. It was also around this area in the 1890's, two children disappeared. Seven years later, (I think it was 7) they reappeared, having not aged a day. This story is over 100 years old and is hard to verify. But is well known where I live.
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby Stephen Morgan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:11 am

Local tales shouldn't necessarily be believed.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby DrEvil » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:47 am

Stephen Morgan wrote:Local tales shouldn't necessarily be believed.

Case in point: The local graveyard is apparently haunted. People have seen a monk in a black robe and with burning hands. This of course has nothing to do with two friends of mine running around in black robes and thick gloves with some lighter fluid. :)
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:26 am

I love some of our local legends. The totally believable DuPont sketchiness out in idyllic but dark green and very old valleys come to mind, but the stories of being followed around in black SUVs in the middle of the night are interspersed with the supernatural about the very same, tiny geographic area. The most interesting part about all of it is that most people probably don't know that they are discussed the DuPonts when they tell the more "nuts-and-bolts" stories.

In a different area altogether are seldom-told stories of the occult at Raven Rock and Hexenkopf. I had to hear both from my father as a child, and then never again until I sought them out on the Internet many years later as an adult.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Inkwhyring » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 pm

In my hometown-a small city in Oregon-here's a weird,gruesome story:my grandparents(both now dead)lived for a long time on 'the wrong side of the tracks'an older,shabbier neighborhood.After retiring from the railroad,my grandpa used to enjoy walking down the alley to the grocery store,for one reason or another,every day.Near to the time they moved in next door to my aunt and uncle,in a suburb,my grandpa claimed he'd heard high-pitched wailing in the alley,at various times.He knew it wasn't cats,said it sounded human.Said he felt like there 'was someone there'a few times on his store jaunts,but no one was.Then,the big story-body parts found in dumpsters around town,the most of which were in the area.It was a woman's body-what got the murderers' caught-the man(It was a couple who'd decided to have a threesome with another woman,and the girlfriend got jealous of the second woman)had saved the victims' head,it was in his freezer,in an apartment RIGHT ACROSS THE ALLEY from where my grandparents lived!They moved away not long after that. :twisted:
Inkwhyring

Blog: View Blog (4)

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness