Hittite Abduction?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Hittite Abduction?

Postby professorpan » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:58 pm

This is a very interesting ancient tale I found on the Earthrites blog:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.earthrites.org/turfing/">www.earthrites.org/turfing/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>You may have to scroll down a bit to find it.<br><br>--<br><br>Kessi the Huntsman is a Hittite/Akkadian tale [circa 1500 B.C.] that evokes images that current UFO abductees (experiencers) relate.<br><br>“…gradually tiredness overcame him and he fell asleep. When he awoke it was growing dark…all at once there appeared in the distance a small, glimmering light, moving steadily toward him. Nearer and nearer it came, and brighter and brighter it grew, until Kessi was almost blinded by the glare and he put his hands before his eyes. When he removed them, there, standing before him, was a tall radiant figure, clothed in light…<br><br>Where he [had lain] was one of the favorite haunts of the trolls, those mischievous…folk whose chief delight is to plague and torment mortals…..they began to flock around him…minded to gobble him up.<br><br>[In his dream] Kessi saw himself with his hands and feet shackled in chains…the stranger [the tall radiant figure] said “I am the sun” andu he released Kessi who now stood before a great door...<br><br>…the great door swung open…and Kessi found himself at the entrance of a long and narrow tunnel. A few yards ahead the figure of the sun-god could dimly be discerned, moving slowly into the distance, his bright light growing smaller and smaller until it seemed no more than a pinpoint.”<br><br>The full text and commentary may be found in The Oldest Stories in the World by Theodore H. Gaster [Beacon Press, Boston, 1952, Page 144 ff.]. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Or...

Postby Avalon » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:20 pm

Or near-death experience? <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

Or as Kenneth Ring might say....

Postby professorpan » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:43 am

Both? NDEs, OOBEs, and abductions have a lot in common.<br><br>I find the shackling motif to be especially interesting, considering how most abductees find themselves immobile or bound. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness