The Bennewitz Affair, the long UFO disinformation project.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Bennewitz Affair, the long UFO disinformation project.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:42 pm

This article about how a Dr. Bennewitz was used as conduit for UFO disinformation by the Pentagon gives a good overview of how even UFO researchers like Bill Moore willingly cooperated with the Penatagon's disinformation projects. Moore blew the whistle at a conference and became reviled by his previous supporters.

Topics being suppressed by PTB- Air Force technology, CIA media control, Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission, Bilderburger, etc. have been woven into the space alien narrative to confuse, diffuse, and demoralize.

Enjoy and learn.

INTERVIEW WITH BILL MOORE (EXCERPT)
copyright 1993 by Gregory Bishop.....

Q: Bennewitz was the one who thought he was receiving highly secret transmissions from an air force base in New Mexico, and was scared by what he heard or thought he heard?

MOORE: Yes. That was it. The whole story of Government/ alien involvement, treaties with aliens, underground bases, a plot to take over the planet, implants, two different races of aliens, one hostile and one friendly, etc. was all cooked up by the counter-intelligence people for the purpose of discrediting Bennewitz. He bought it, and a lot of other people in the UFO community bought it, and they continue to buy it today. All of that stuff was cooked up as part of the operation against Bennewitz. Bennewitz was meeting with everybody who was anybody and telling that story to anyone who would listen. John Lear, and ultimately through him to Bill Cooper, Bill English, Wendelle Stevens...they all revolved around that information. It was the kind of paranoia that they wanted to hear. And so here's John Lear, organizer and host of the conference in Vegas, one of the chief proponents of that kind of information, staking his so-called reputation on the fact that it was all true. Linda Howe has gotten in over her head over it, all those people prepared to tell their stories, and become important forces for good in the UFO research community. Then I get up and tell them, "Folks, you've been had. And here's how I know. It isn't that I've heard it, I was part of it. I was there. I watched it happen. I knew who was doing it, and I was privy to it."

The longer story and background:
http://www.think-aboutit.com/aliens/ebe.htm

The Emenegger/Sandler Saga: The story begins in 1973, when Robert Emenegger and Alan Sandler, two well-connected Los Angeles businessmen, were invited to Norton Air Force Base in California to discuss a possible documentary film on advanced research projects. Two military officials, one the base's head of the Air Force Office of Special Investigations, the other, the audio- visual director Paul Shartle, discussed a number of projects. One of them involved UFOs. This one sounded the most interesting and plans were launched to go ahead with a film on the subject.

Emenegger and Sandler were told of a film taken at Holloman AFB, New Mexico, in May 1971. In October 1988, in a national television broadcast, Shartle would declare that he had seen the 16mm film showing "three disc-shaped craft. One of the craft landed and two of them went away." A door opened on the landed vehicle and three beings emerged. Shartle said, "They were human- size. They had an odd, gray complexion and a pronounced nose. They wore tight fitting jump suits, [and] thin headdresses that appeared to be communication devices, and in their hands they held a 'translator.' A Holloman base commander and other Air Force officers went out to meet them" (Howe, 1989).

The Bennewitz Affair: In the late 1970s Paul Bennewitz, an Albuquerque businessman trained as a physicist, became convinced that he was monitoring electromagnetic signals which extraterrestrials were using to control persons they had abducted. Bennewitz tried to decode these signals and believed he was succeeding. At the same time he began to see what he thought were UFOs maneuvering around the Manzano Nuclear Weapons Storage Facility and the Coyote Canyon test area, located near Kirtland AFB, and he filmed them.

Bennewitz reported all this to the Tucson-based Aerial Phenomena Research Organization (APRO), whose directors were unimpressed, judging Bennewitz to be deluded. But at Kirtland, Bennewitz's claims, or at least some of them, were being taken more seriously. On October 24, 1980, Bennewitz contacted Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) agent Sgt. Richard Doty (whose previous tour of duty had been at Ellsworth) after being referred to him by Maj. Ernest Edwards, head of base security, and related that he had evidence that something potentially threatening was going on in the Manzano Weapons Storage Area. A "Multipurpose Internal OSI Form," signed by Maj. Thomas A. Cseh (Commander of the Base Investigative Detachment), dated October 28, 1980, and subsequently released under the Freedom of Information Act, states:

"On 26 Oct 80, SA [Special Agent] Doty, with the assistance of JERRY MILLER, GS-15, Chief, Scientific Advisor for Air Force Test and Evaluation Center, KAFB , interviewed Dr. BENNEWITZ at his home in the Four Hills section of Albuquerque, which is adjacent to the northern boundary of Manzano Base. (NOTE: MILLER is a former Project Blue Book USAF Investigator who was assigned to Wright-Patterson AFB (W-PAFB), OH, with FTD [Foreign Technology Division]. Mr. MILLER is one of the most knowledgeable and impartial investigators of Aerial Objects in the southwest.) Dr. BENNEWITZ has been conducting independent research into Aerial Phenomena for the last 15 months. Dr. BENNEWITZ also produced several electronic recording tapes, allegedly showing high periods of electrical magnetism being emitted from Manzano/Coyote Canyon area. Dr. BENNEWITZ also produced several photographs of flying objects taken over the general Albuquerque area. He has several pieces of electronic surveillance equipment pointed at Manzano and is attempting to record high frequency electrical beam pulses. Dr. BENNEWITZ claims these Aerial Objects produce these pulses. . . . After analyzing the data collected by Dr. BENNEWITZ, Mr MILLER related the evidence clearly shows that some type of unidentified aerial objects were caught on film; however, no conclusions could be made whether these objects pose a threat to Manzano/Coyote Canyon areas. Mr MILLER felt the electronical [sic] recording tapes were inconclusive and could have been gathered from several conventional sources. No sightings, other than these, have been reported in the area."

On November 10 Bennewitz was invited to the base to present his findings to a small group of officers and scientists. Exactly one week later Doty informed Bennewitz that AFOSI had decided against further consideration of the matter. Subsequently Doty reported receiving a call from then-New Mexico Sen. Harrison Schmitt, who wanted to know what AFOSI was planning to do about Bennewitz's allegations. When informed that no investigation was planned, Schmitt spoke with Brig. Gen. William Brooksher of base security. The following July New Mexico's other senator, Pete Domenici, looked into the matter, meeting briefly with Doty before dashing off to talk with Bennewitz personally. Domenici subsequently lost interest and dropped the issue.

Bennewitz was also aware of supposed cattle mutilations being reported in the western United States. At one point he met a young mother who told him that one evening in May 1980, after she and her six-year-old son saw several UFOs in a field and one approached them, they suffered confusion and disorientation, then a period of amnesia which lasted as long as four hours. Bennewitz brought the two to University of Wyoming psychologist R. Leo Sprinkle, who hypnotized them and got a detailed abduction story from the mother and a sketchy one from the little boy. Early in the course of the abduction they observed aliens take a calf aboard the UFO and mutilate it while it was still alive, removing the animal's genitals. At one point during the alleged experience, the mother said, they were taken via UFO into an underground area which she believed was in New Mexico. She briefly escaped her captors and fled into an area where there were tanks of water. She looked into one of them and saw body parts such as tongues, hearts and internal organs, apparently from cattle. But she also observed a human arm with a hand attached. There was also the "top of a bald head," apparently from one of the hairless aliens, but before she could find out for sure, she was dragged away. The objects in the tank, she said, "horrified me and made me sick and frightened me to death" (Howe, 1989). Later she wondered about the other tanks and about their contents.

(much more and worth the read to understand UFO disinfo.)
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

disinfo

Postby Corvidaerex » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:40 pm

Another take on the Bennewitz Operation -- one that is presented clearly in a book I'm now reading, "On the Trail of the Saucer Spies" <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.anomalistbooks.com/redfern.html">www.anomalistbooks.com/redfern.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> by Nick Redfern -- is that the spies torturing Bennewitz with nonsense were simply building on his own stated beliefs & intentionally encouraging the "underground alien base" in Dulce, New Mexico to keep him distracted from actual black projects happening at and around the AF base & nearby gov't facilities.<br><br>The cattle-mutilation angle was never solved to anyone's satisfaction, but Redfern notes the sanest theory I've heard: that some sort of government or quasi-government or ag-industry group was conducting these illegal weirdo experiments on open-range cattle because of some pathogen (related to BSE maybe?) released in the 1960s.<br><br>The book is a pretty good read. He mentions another book exclusively about the Bennewitz operation, "Project Beta," (amazon link <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743470923/">www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743470923/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> ). Anybody read that one?<br> <p></p><i></i>
Corvidaerex

Postby Sweejak » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:10 pm

... UFO researcher Greg Bishop, has stated that one of the stars of the UFO firmament, Dr. Allen Hynek, played a key role in the government disinformation campaign against Bennewitz.

To quote Bishop: “Bill Moore claims that he met up with Dr. Hynek at the 1982 MUFON convention, and over a couple of beers at a nearby bar, Hynek admitted that he was the one who had been assigned to give the bogus computer setup to Bennewitz. He also said that it was one of the last tasks he was asked to perform for the Air Force.”

http://www.philipcoppens.com/roadnews.html
Sweejak

Postby elfismiles » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:59 am

Strange Days- The Pacific NW

I was inspired by the following post by Greg Bishop over at UFOMystic.

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board/viewtopic.php?t=18243

The podcast-only thread

Greg Bishop Interviews "Investigative Satirist" Paul Krassner Shortly After 9/11 on Radio Misterioso:

MP3
http://www.radiomisterioso.com/media/Pa ... _16_01.mp3

[see also: http://www.radiomisterioso.com/2009/01/ ... after-911/ ]
http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/v ... 405#259405

Will the Real Whitley Strieber Please Stand Up?

Greg Bishop's picked it up and pointed to it as well...

Whitley Strieber And His Aliens Deconstructed
http://www.ufomystic.com/wake-up-down-t ... criticism/

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/v ... p?p=178601

Nazi UFOs? The credulity of ufologists

[citation]

2 See Greg Bishop: Project Beta (New York, 2005) pp202–7. The ‘read but don’t copy’ line was stand ard psy-ops technique with journalists.

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/v ... p?p=275316

SATIRE / JOKE / HOAX:
Greg Bishop Lawyers Silence Konformist With Lawsuit

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/v ... hp?t=14295
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby rusty shackleford » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:45 am

Emenegger and Sandler

Well Hugh, this certainly explains the baffling career longevity of both Arnold Schwartzenegger and Adam Sandler.

I knew there had to be a reason.
rusty shackleford

Re: The Bennewitz Affair, the long UFO disinformation projec

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:29 am

(Edited for formatting)
Wombaticus Rex

Re: The Bennewitz Affair, the long UFO disinformation projec

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:17 am

Current URL of Greg's interview with Moore: http://www.excludedmiddle.com/Moore%20interview.html

Q: This has been gone over many times, but what is it that pissed off so many people in Las Vegas at MUFON 1989?

MOORE: I think that they were outraged that someone would get up there and tell them that they'd been had.

Q :You don't think that could have happened to you?

MOORE: Sure it could have. And maybe it has. That was exactly the point. If they (government agencies) could manipulate a situation like the Bennewitz affair the way they did, and plant information which was at that point the hottest thing in the UFO grapevine, which a lot of people were really interested in and remain interested in to this day...

Q: Bennewitz was the one who thought he was receiving highly secret transmissions from an air force base in New Mexico, and was scared by what he heard or thought he heard?

MOORE: Yes. That was it. The whole story of Government/ alien involvement, treaties with aliens, underground bases, a plot to take over the planet, implants, two different races of aliens, one hostile and one friendly, etc. was all cooked up by the counter-intelligence people for the purpose of discrediting Bennewitz. He bought it, and a lot of other people in the UFO community bought it, and they continue to buy it today. All of that stuff was cooked up as part of the operation against Bennewitz. Bennewitz was meeting with everybody who was anybody and telling that story to anyone who would listen. John Lear, and ultimately through him to Bill Cooper, Bill English, Wendelle Stevens...they all revolved around that information. It was the kind of paranoia that they wanted to hear. And so here's John Lear, organizer and host of the conference in Vegas, one of the chief proponents of that kind of information, staking his so-called reputation on the fact that it was all true. Linda Howe has gotten in over her head over it, all those people prepared to tell their stories, and become important forces for good in the UFO research community. Then I get up and tell them, "Folks, you've been had. And here's how I know. It isn't that I've heard it, I was part of it. I was there. I watched it happen. I knew who was doing it, and I was privy to it."

Q: Were you inferring by that statement that they could have found out the same thing if they did as you did?

MOORE: No, they couldn't have. That was the point.

Q: Why not?

MOORE: Because they weren't a part of it. It was because I had allowed them to be hooked before I got up and said , "Hey folks, you've been had." I could have kept them informed all along.

Q: That would have tainted any information that you were getting, though.

MOORE: Well, of course. It would have destroyed my ability to get anything. I couldn't tell anybody. I was just as upset at what happened to Bennewitz as they were. But they couldn't begin to understand why. According to them, "I (Moore) did it to him." I didn't do it. I was only fortunate enough to be in a position where I could see it.

One thing that I find the most outrageous...actually there are two things. One is that most of the people who are into UFO research are their own worst enemies. They sabotage their own efforts before they even get under way through ignorance in how to proceed. Through a preconceived position of "well this is what I'm going to find, so if I find anything that doesn't fit, I'll ignore it." and by broadcasting far and wide exactly what they're doing, and by their blind belief that in what the Freedom Of Information Act is going to get them. What happens is when you tell somebody what you know, it immediately shows up on the (UFO rumor) grapevine. If you've told your friends, you've told everybody. If there's anything to it, people who are custodians of the information can detect where it came from immediately, and will rush to protect it.

Q: Why tell anyone?

MOORE: Ego.

Q: As "leaks" it makes them feel important?

MOORE: To some extent.

Q: They've told you this, or you're guessing?

MOORE: I'm guessing. I think there's an organized plan to let some of this stuff out too. I just think honestly a lot of them don't know what to do with it.

Q: Well, if they have access to the information, obviously they are supposed to be doing something with it.

MOORE: The other thing that bothers me is that the greater portion of the UFO community exists to feed off itself. In other words, they don't want to find an answer--they want to find more questions.

Q: Not to change the subject too quickly, but about a year ago I had talked to you and you said you had discovered what you thought was the answer to the men in black enigma, and you had published it in your magazine. Would you elaborate?

MOORE: It basically stems from a covert group within the military community who are very good at playing games. And one of the games that they devised was this men in black thing in order to obtain information and leave behind a legacy of mystery which would be good cover for them. There is a group, I've worked with some of them. They recruit a lot of people from the prisons and make deals with them that if they will serve so many years, they'll be given a clean bill of health and a new identity. And somewhere way back when, they cooked up this men in black thing as a device for enabling them to get information out of people, particularly physical evidence without having to give them a government receipt for it. They were involved with Bennewitz.

What they do is plan and base it on things that have worked in the past. If you are a professional cat burglar, with 30 years of experience, and the government says, "We need cat burglars. We have a use for such people--safe crackers, con artists, what have you. We'll make a deal with you. You come work for us, and we'll get you out of the slammer. You're our slave for seven years. You do your job well, and the time is up, we'll give you a new identity and a certain amount of money, and goodbye. If you fuck up, you go back to jail and the records show you were transferred briefly from one prison to another, it didn't work out, and you were sent back. You want to come work for us, or stay in jail? Take your pick." What do you do?...You come work for us. There's these people in Michigan. They've got some film we're interested in. Go get it. You're not to leave any indication that it was the government that got it. You're not to leave any traces as to who you are. If they won't give it to you outright, find some other way to get it, but get it." What do you do? You sit and plan with other people how you're going to do this. What they came up with was this whole men in black thing.

Q: What about people who are visited before they even tell anyone about it?

MOORE: Perhaps somebody knew what they had done, even though they hadn't told anyone. It may be that the image they got wasn't a UFO at all, but an experimental craft of some kind. Somebody saw them land. Who knows how the information ultimately gets to its destination? Once they have it, they decide, "What's the best response?" They tried to use me one time to get footage out of somebody who had it and wouldn't give it up. I couldn't do it. They wouldn't give it to me either (as a UFO investigator.) They ultimately got that film. I don't know how they got it, but I know they did. The assumption on the part of a lot of people is that, "If Bill Moore was knowingly involved in that kind of activity, automatically Bill Moore has to be the bad guy." I wouldn't do things like that. My point is if I hadn't cooperated, if I hadn't gotten to know how these things work, nobody would know about it to this day. You don't learn how to swim unless you get into the water. You can read all the books you want, you can listen to all the people you want, but until you get into the water, you don't learn how. It's the same way in projects like these. Until you get involved with them, you don't know what happens. When you do get involved, there are rules. And they're not your rules. You either play by them, or they very quickly find somebody else who will. Then they dump your ass out with a load of shit, and if you go public with the load of shit, you look like an idiot. This is what Linda Howe did. They do a complete psychological profile. They know exactly what they're dealing with, they know exactly what to feed him that he will believe, and they know exactly how to do it, and they do it.

Q: You do realize that they could and might very well be doing this to you.

MOORE: Sure. I've always known that.

Q: But is it interesting and entertaining enough to continue to play?

MOORE: First of all, there is something to the subject that is so important that they're devoting all this time and effort to it. They wouldn't devote it to stories about Hitler being alive in Antarctica. It says there's something there: What?

Q: That's what I was about to ask.

MOORE: I don't know. Whatever the secret is, it's such a high magnitude of importance and would have such an impact on the mundane day-to-day circumstances of our society that anyone who is gets close enough to see what it is says, "Oh my God. We can never tell anyone this. Because if we do, it will bring down the whole fabric of our society." That to me automatically suggests certain things.

Q: Such as...?

MOORE: Most of them either seem to have economic or religious implications.

Q: And the only conclusion you draw from that is extraterrestrial contact of some sort?

MOORE: No. Either there are aliens and they are coming here--there is a limited interaction with this race, and whatever lies behind that is of such earth-shattering proportions that if the truth came out about it it would shatter Christianity to its very foundations--maybe. Or somebody (plural) in a very highly placed position with a lot of assets at their disposal is desperately manipulating events to try and make it appear that way. I tend to favor the former more than the latter.
Wombaticus Rex

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness