now for something completely different

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

now for something completely different

Postby smithtalk » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:16 am

it feels good to read something that is not centred around the middle east occasionaly,<br>i for one have always thought our ideas of the size of space and the constants, and dark matter and the big bang were ridiculous,<br>here may be some evidence in support,<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://space.com/scienceastronomy/060807_mm_huble_revise.html">space.com/scienceastronom...evise.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"A project aiming to create an easier way to measure cosmic distances has instead turned up surprising evidence that our large and ancient universe might be even bigger and older than previously thought.<br><br>If accurate, the finding would be difficult to mesh with current thinking about how the universe evolved, one scientist said.<br><br>A research team led by Alceste Bonanos at the Carnegie Institution of Washington has found that the Triangulum Galaxy, also known as M33, is about 15 percent farther away from our own Milky Way than previously calculated.<br><br>The finding, which will be detailed in an upcoming issue of Astrophysical Journal, suggests that the Hubble constant, a number that measures the expansion rate and age of the universe, is actually 15 percent smaller than other studies have found." <p></p><i></i>
smithtalk

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: now for something completely different

Postby Avalon » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:59 pm

4911 already has a thread going about trees with this header. Perhaps you should change your header to reflect the subject. <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

Re: now for something completely different

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:12 pm

erm.. it's not just about trees is it? <p></p><i></i>
Seamus OBlimey

what the

Postby smithtalk » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:20 am

that is really bizarre, i swear there was no other thread by this name when i craeted it,<br>yet the timimg shows his thread as beginning 3 hours before mine,<br>beleive, i hardly ever create my own thread and i certainly wouldnt create one with the same name as someone elses,<br>am totally bafflled <p></p><i></i>
smithtalk

Re: what the

Postby HMKGrey » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:44 am

Smithtalk: you're right. Your thread was here last night. I remember because I was chuckling about the self-deprecating tone of one of your posts.<br><br>So I'll vouch for you if they come for you. <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

Re: what the

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:50 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>that is really bizarre, i swear there was no other thread by this name when i craeted it<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Your thread came first. I saw it this morning before the other one. I created one a while back, however, so I have you both beat..<br><br>:P <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness