"Black Helicopters"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"Black Helicopters"

Postby NewKid » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:43 am

<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Black Helicopters! <br><br>Alex Jones brings his conspiracies to Dallas<br><br>By Noah W. Bailey<br>Austin is undoubtedly home to hundreds, if not thousands, of conspiracy nuts, but none are quite as passionate as Alex Jones—who frankly puts The X-Files' Lone Gunmen to shame. Fox Mulder's friends could only manage one measly newsletter; Alex Jones is responsible for a radio show, two Web sites (infowars.com and prisonplanet.com) and a TV show on Austin public access, not to mention 14 videos about everything from September 11 to the Illuminati. He has also appeared in two Richard Linklater movies (A Scanner Darkly and Waking Life) and made numerous appearances on television news programs, all part of his quest to reveal hidden truths to the American people <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>and scare the crap out of everyone.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Saturday Alex unveils his latest film, Terrorstorm: A History of Government Sponsored Terrorism, at the Lakewood Theater, 1825 Abrams Parkway, where he'll also give a short lecture and participate in a Q & A session. He'll be joined by local conspiracy buff (and JFK screenwriter) Jim Marrs, who will share his views on possible links between the events of September 11, 2001 and those of November 22, 1963. Shanghai 5 and the Theater Fire will also be on hand, presumably to help you mellow out after listening to Alex rant about the New World Order for four hours. The fun starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10.50. Visit infowars.com.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.dallasobserver.com/search/events.php?eventSearch=1&category=oid:6357" target="top">www.dallasobserver.com/search/events.php?eventSearch=1&category=oid:6357</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Wait a second, I thought they were supposed to make us feel comfortable that someone was in control of a random and chaotic world. <br><br>What happened to the warm and fuzzies argument?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: "Black Helicopters"

Postby bvonahsen » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:56 am

I'm not quite sure that I know what you are getting at. But what this review is doing is framing the debate for you so you don't have to trouble your pretty little head.<br><br>Phrases like "conspiracy nuts" and "after listening to Alex rant" and "his quest to reveal hidden truths to the American people and scare the crap out of everyone" place Alex into a frame so you are more likely to stop listening to him. It doesn't even matter if a few people listen to his message just so long as they get to control how that message is recieved.<br><br>All of this energy is spent to keep you and I in our little boxes where we can be properly tended to and milked for all we got. That is the job the media does, maintaining the corrals they built for us. Move a long little doggies, the abattoir awaits you. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Re: "Black Helicopters"

Postby NewKid » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:29 am

Oh, I know; I'm just poking fun at the arguments on the conspiracy psychology so frequently made in mainstream media articles ("people need conspiracies to feel better about the world, which is so otherwise random and chaotic that people seek comfort in conspiracy theories to explain it . . .)<br><br>Betsy Hart has even claimed that people are attracted to 9-11 conspiracies because the 19 and their ilk are just so scary that people have to invent a belief in govt false flag operations as a psychological safety blanket to make them feel better. So if you're looking to Jones for a good scare, the official story should do even better!<br> <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness