Proof of telephone telepathy (Sheldrake in the news)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Proof of telephone telepathy (Sheldrake in the news)

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:12 am

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Telephone telepathy -- I was just thinking about you</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>Tue Sep 5, 9:29 AM ET<br><br>NORWICH (Reuters) - Many people have experienced the phenomenon of receiving a telephone call from someone shortly after thinking about them -- now a scientist says he has proof of what he calls telephone telepathy.<br><br>Rupert Sheldrake, whose research is funded by the respected Trinity College, Cambridge, said on Tuesday he had conducted experiments that proved that such precognition existed for telephone calls and even e-mails.<br><br>Each person in the trials was asked to give researchers names and phone numbers of four relatives or friends. These were then called at random and told to ring the subject who had to identify the caller before answering the phone.<br><br>"The hit rate was 45 percent, well above the 25 percent you would have expected," he told the annual meeting of the British Association for the Advancement of Science. "The odds against this being a chance effect are 1,000 billion to one."<br><br>He said he found the same result with people being asked to name one of four people sending them an e-mail before it had landed.<br><br>However, his sample was small on both trials -- just 63 people for the controlled telephone experiment and 50 for the email -- and only four subjects were actually filmed in the phone study and five in the email, prompting some scepticism.<br><br>Undeterred, Sheldrake -- who believes in the interconnectedness of all minds within a social grouping -- said that he was extending his experiments to see if the phenomenon also worked for mobile phone text messages. <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060905/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_britain_telepathy">news.yahoo.com</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Blog: View Blog (0)

telephone telepathy...

Postby phineas » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:31 pm

This subject reminds me of the book "Phone calls from the dead" by D. Scott Rogo...<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The first contacts from beyond via telephone were described in detail in a book entitled "Voices from Beyond by Telephone" written by the Brazilian Carlos G. Ramos under the pen-name Oscar D'Argonell in 1925... these two books gained the attention of writers who were involved in ADC [After Death Communication] phenomena and were included... in the research field of ITC. [Instrumental Transcommunication]...<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Notable also is the element of spectacular coincidences related with the cases mentioned and can not be ignored.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> In order to approach an explanation about paranormal Telephony the writers examine three theories: <br>The spiritistic or survival theory,"to begin with, we of course felt that these alleged phone manipulations might indeed be masterminded by the dead during attempts to contact us", <br>-the EDB [extradimensional being] theory "however we could not dismiss the possibility that some other types of paraphysical or extradimensional being-perhaps invisible denizens which co-inhabit the Earth with us or exist in some parallel universe- might be playing a huge cosmic joke on us..such beings might be endowed with the ability to manipulate our phone system and mimic the voices of the dead"... <br>and finally the PK [psychokinetik]-from the living theory."Finally we also thought that the witnesses themselves might be unwittingly manufacturing these calls through their own innate mind-over-matter [or psychokinetic] abilities." <br><br>The calls themselves are collected into the following categories: 1."crisis" calls , received within 24 hours of the caller's death,2.postmortem calls, received within 7 days after death 3,4,5. calls within 30 days,from 2 to 6 months and after 6 months.<br><br>The authors also try to explain the "Mechanics of the Calls" [Chapter 6] which seems to be the most difficult of all. "To date unfortunately no phantom caller has ever explained to his bewildered listener just how he produced his call so all we can do is guess" Their remarks though are interesting indeed. <br><br>They examine two different theories , the electromagnetic theory- "If these calls are incoming signals, then the phantom telephone voices would have to be an electromagnetic phenomenon...our witnesses really heard only a pattern of electrical oscillations that imitated human speech."- <br>...and the paraphysical theory "if however these voices are somehow being produced over or within the specific instruments on which they are received , their nature might be different...they might be some sort of human speech or "independent voice"..speaking directly over the amplifier in the receiver..." </em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>-Cristos Sofoklidis <p></p><i></i>
phineas

Blog: View Blog (0)

You hit upon this.

Postby slimmouse » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:56 pm

Jeff,<br><br> You hit upon this whole phenomena in one of your posts on the blog a while back.<br><br> We are ALL interconnected. We are all part of the same infinite ONE.<br><br> Any guesses as to why those who <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>know </strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->this to be true are going to great lengths to make us think that we arent ?<br><br> Perhaps I should use a term of those who do, and say that;<br><br> "<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>One might hope that ordinary people dont understand such things</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> "<br><br> Any guesses as to why Aspartame is completely legalised poisoning, whilst taking Ayahuasca is outlawed ?<br><br> It doesnt strike me as rocket science. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=slimmouse@rigorousintuition>slimmouse</A> at: 9/6/06 6:09 pm<br></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness