ufo video

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

ufo video

Postby 4911 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:52 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGBBPvp5oMU&mode=related&search=">www.youtube.com/watch?v=y...ed&search=</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>compositing? <p></p><i></i>

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: ufo video

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:51 am

Saw this one in the side-bar of your link:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CewH99F0K0&mode=related&search=">www.youtube.com/watch?v=-...ed&search=</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Looks like it could be a satalitte re-entry break-up, but very interesting either way. Keep your eye on what is assumed to be Venus. <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

another on the sidebar. Jap TV WTC ufo. Bizzare.

Postby yesferatu » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:02 pm

I give up trying to link...not working....just check the sidebar with "japanese film crew wtc ufo" when you go to youtube from original post.<br><br>I had seen a part of this one, but not this extended version.<br>Wow. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=yesferatu@rigorousintuition>yesferatu</A> at: 9/9/06 7:08 pm<br></i>
yesferatu

Re: another on the sidebar. Jap TV WTC ufo. Bizzare.

Postby Attack Ships on Fire » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:58 pm

Hi, just the guy that likes to be the downer at the party...<br><br>First video: I don't like the way the UFO moves in the night sky at the start of the video; both the camera and the car are moving in different directions but the UFO seems to be moving in a different way. It's just something my eye caught but that makes me believe that the UFO has been placed into the video afterwards.<br><br>Second video: I can't tell much but it looks like some kind of flare falling apart, or maybe a balloon that caught fire and broke apart? It's hard to say.<br><br>Third video: this I can say is 100% fake; it's a commercial aired for the Sci- Fi Channel back in the late 1990s. After 9/11 it made a couple of appearances on Rense and elsewhere but enough American readers remembered seeing it and debunked it. However, I don't imagine that the average Japanese viewer watches SFC, so to them they have no idea where it came from. This is precisely the problem that I anticipate in the years to come thanks to the bogus Australian UFO Wave videos now tossed out onto the internet.<br><br>I hate to be the doubting Thomas when it comes to UFO videos, especially after seeing strange things in the sky on 3 separate occasions in my life, but there's getting to be just too much trickery going on, too many armchair FX nerds trying to create their ultimate UFO video. Who knows, maybe it'll force the real UFO pilots to up the ante and allow us to take better, clearer and longer videos of their fly-bys! <p></p><i></i>
Attack Ships on Fire

Postby yesferatu » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:24 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Third video: this I can say is 100% fake; it's a commercial aired for the Sci- Fi Channel back in the late 1990s. After 9/11 it made a couple of appearances on Rense and elsewhere but enough American readers remembered seeing it and debunked it.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Really? Top-notch special effects. <br>I can't find any SciFi channel stuff on this. What program from the 90's? <br> <br>American readers? Why would american readers need to debunk a Scifi-channel produced commercial? If it's a CG made commercial for a popular scifi channel and aired as such, then no debunking needed. I see a lot of great CG produced SciFi promotional commercials with bizzarre & strange images....SciFi does a good job with them. No one needs to "debunk" those; they are CG commercials.<br>So, I don't get it. <br> <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Postby Attack Ships on Fire » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:08 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I can't find any SciFi channel stuff on this. What program from the 90's? <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>It was made for channel promotion, aired on the Sci Fi Channel, as part of their "Sci Fi Happens" ad campaign. It may have aired on other cable channels, I don't know. I saw it on SFC and that's where my memory comes from.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>American readers? Why would american readers need to debunk a Scifi-channel produced commercial?<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Because after 9/11 people had claimed that there was video taken of a UFO hovering around the WTC. I think that you can admit that after 9/11 any imagery containing the WTC buildings became more sensitive to public consumption. Someone dumps the SFC commerical on the internet, crops out the ending which shows the station tag and runs it as a possible UFO video. Maybe they wanted to prank people, who knows? In any case, after the SFC UFO video was dumped on the net discussion of the validity of the video appeared on paranormal websites and discussion forums, and it had to be debunked.<br><br>Still don't believe me? Here's what a 2 second search in Google for "WTC UFO video" found:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rense.com/general41/scihoax.htm">www.rense.com/general41/scihoax.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>...and Rense is a popular paranormal/counterculture site that runs just about anything, then lets the chips fall where they may.<br><br>And as the video makes the rounds on the internet, the discussion grows. Google it and see how many stories/threads got started on it.<br><br>Here's the full commercial video with the SFC tags at the front and end:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6YbOx_OTRY">www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6YbOx_OTRY</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>No one needs to "debunk" those; they are CG commercials. So, I don't get it. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Well, guess what just happened now: we've got video from some kind of Japanese news show showing the video and the reaction from some dude watching it. I don't speak Japanese so I don't know if they said it was fake or not, but I didn't get the impression from the Japanese fellow's reaction that he was watching a commercial. I also didn't see the SFC tags run during the play of the video.<br><br>So you see, we may have a incidence where a 5+year old commercial is being played to a Japanese audience as alleged proof of the reality of UFOs...and it's a piece of fiction. When the audience finds out that they've been duped, why should they lend their attention to the next UFO video that comes along, no matter how clear or captivating it may be?<br><br>That's why it's important to debunk fake UFO videos. Not everyone knows what's a commercial and what's CG rendered.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Attack Ships on Fire

Postby yesferatu » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:09 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Here's the full commercial video with the SFC tags at the front and end:<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I watched the commercial. It can hardly be described as attributable to the scifi cahnnels CG department for a purely promotional video. They say "SciFi Happens" at the end. <br>That they aired it with the message "SciFi Happens" does not ipso facto make it <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>their </em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> video.<br>It is like a hunting channel airing a sensational video of a guy killing a bear that was coming at him with intent to maul him and the hunter kills the bear a second before the bear reaches him, and then at the end of the video the message "Hunting happens". It is part promotional for them to use it, but by no means did they stage it...the video was used because it promotes in a sensational way the subject matter of their channel. <br> I need proof the CG dept. at scifi channel produced this. That has yet to be established.<br> <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Postby bvonahsen » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:34 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> I need proof the CG dept. at scifi channel produced this. That has yet to be established.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I can't believe this... It is so obviously fake.. not even that Aussie ufo was this bad. Plus, it is debunked all over the Sci-Fi channels forums... only the most naïve of the gullible believe this.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Postby yesferatu » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:00 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Plus, it is debunked all over the Sci-Fi channels forums.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Link it. I am fine with it being CG. I am fine with it not being CG. Prove it is CG. I will be happy. <br>I think you need to chill out. "So obvious". Good for you. I am glad it is so obvious to you. Brownie points. Can you do the point for point analysis which makes it sooooo obvious? Cause there must be definite things...perhaps something on the audio I missed? Thanks in advance for the provided details. <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Postby Dreams End » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:24 am

WTC film was sci-fi channel thing. All of us interested in UFO's remember when it came out. someone finally went and interviewed the actress in the helicopter. <br><br>It's not "obvious" in the sense you can tell by looking...just obvious because we remember when it first came out. It definitely was a scifi channel commercial but there was still some discussion after that, but then they interviewed the actress,etc.<br><br>In any event, videos can be faked, so in the absence of corroborating witness reports, etc, they are pretty much worthless as evidence. Still fun to speculate, though. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby yesferatu » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:45 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>It's not "obvious" in the sense you can tell by looking...just obvious because we remember when it first came out.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I was not watching TV in the late 90's. <br><br>Thanks for the info about the actress being interviewed. That clears it up. I'm quite fine with it being CG. Just needed something substantial to prove the claim....other than having a finger wagged in my face. So thanks for being rational in your approach intead of hysterical. <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Postby Attack Ships on Fire » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:00 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>So thanks for being rational in your approach intead of hysterical.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Just a suggestion and I don't mean any offense by it, but next time something like this comes up do a little research on it for yourself. Using Google I found dozens of stories about the SFC UFO video including an interview with the actress in the helicopter, which was in the first link to Rense that I supplied. Furthermore, additional information was supplied by myself that was as easy as clicking on your mouse to discover and you chose not to. You have to be willing and motivated to try and discover the truth, too.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Attack Ships on Fire

Postby yesferatu » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:20 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Using Google I found dozens of stories about the SFC UFO video including an interview with the actress in the helicopter<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>But yet in your posts, you did not mention the fact that an actress was used in the video, and she gave an interview. Why not? It was a simple, clear fact that someone else had to bring up. Why did you not present an undebatable fact if you were seeking to make the point that it was a produced CG video? <br><br>You presented no facts. That one fact is all it took.<br><br>I looked at the forums, btw, and all the threads had people that had posted about it in the same way I was, which was curious if it was real. <br><br>But not to worry. I was not saying <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>you </em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> were being hysterical. <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Postby Attack Ships on Fire » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:54 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>But yet in your posts, you did not mention the fact that an actress was used in the video, and she gave an interview. Why not? It was a simple, clear fact that someone else had to bring up. Why did you not present an undebatable fact if you were seeking to make the point that it was a produced CG video?<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Because I made an assumption and thought that you would be interested in reading further material proving that it was a commercial, which is what you originally doubted. The interview with an actress is secondary to what you needed for proof of the video's origin and it's inauthenticity as a legit UFO video.<br><br>Quite simply, I presented evidence to you and you chose not to follow it. No big deal.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Attack Ships on Fire

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness