Something must be right with Bush

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Something must be right with Bush

Postby Gouda » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:40 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://edition.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/28/bush.binladen.reut/index.html">edition.cnn.com/2006/POLI...index.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><br>Bush: Bin Laden helped me, book says</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- President Bush said his 2004 re-election victory over Sen. John Kerry was inadvertently aided by Osama bin Laden, The Washington Examiner newspaper reported Tuesday.<br><br>The al Qaeda leader had issued a taped diatribe against Bush the Friday before Americans went to the polls<br><br>Bush said there were "enormous amounts of discussion" inside his campaign about the 15-minute tape, which he called "an interesting entry by our enemy" into the presidential race.<br><br>Bush's comments in the Washington newspaper were excerpts from the new book "Strategery" by Bill Sammon, a longtime White House correspondent.<br><br>"What does it mean? Is it going to help? Is it going to hurt?" Bush told Sammon of the bin Laden tapes. "Anything that drops in at the end of a campaign that is not already decided creates all kinds of anxieties, because you're not sure of the effect.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"I thought it was going to help," Bush said. "I thought it would help remind people that if bin Laden doesn't want Bush to be the president, something must be right with Bush."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> Somebody please stop the triple reverse psychology double switch machine.<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>on edit: reformat + word added</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gouda@rigorousintuition>Gouda</A> at: 2/28/06 12:44 pm<br></i>
Gouda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Something must be right with Bush

Postby Gouda » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:14 pm

CNN's latest non-Pew, Diebold-free "Quickvote" says:<br><br>Did Osama bin Laden help to re-elect George W. Bush?<br><br>Yes: 75% 652 votes<br>No: 25% 213 votes<br>Total: 865 votes<br><br>Created: Tuesday, February 28, 2006, at 13:24:47 EDT<br><br>This QuickVote is not scientific and reflects the opinions of only those Internet users who have chosen to participate. The results cannot be assumed to represent the opinions of Internet users in general, nor the public as a whole. The QuickVote sponsor is not responsible for content, functionality or the opinions expressed therein. <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Postby heath7 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:54 pm

Slap to the face...<br><br>Bush has a penchant for rubbing the various fixes in our eyes, like sand.<br><br>Next thing, he'll note how fortunate it was he and Kerry fornicated together in that orgy that is the Skull & Bones, kindly pointing out how it made Americans unable to differentiate between the two. <p></p><i></i>
heath7

Postby heath7 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:10 pm

Just in...<br><br>Bush to ABCNNBCBS:<br><br> "I have friends in Ohio who promised to give me that state in 2004. When I found out they made voting machines too, I became very faithful of my victory there! <br><br> It was like whipped cream and a cherry on my Texas-sized pie when Ohio became the embodiment of liberty and freedom on 'lection day '04." <p></p><i></i>
heath7

Postby Peg C » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:30 am

Exactly, heath... Diebold, ES&S, Sequoia,... They all know the fix. <p></p><i></i>
Peg C

Re: Agent for Peace

Postby Gouda » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:50 am

Bush told Lizzy Vargas in a recent televised interview, "...he hopes that his presidency, in retrospect, will be viewed as an <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>agent for peace.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->"<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://edition.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/28/bush.interview/index.html">edition.cnn.com/2006/POLI...index.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Re: Agent for Peace

Postby antiaristo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:42 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/cartoons/stevebell/0,,1720563,00.html">www.guardian.co.uk/cartoo...63,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Postby Ted the dog » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:06 pm

"I have friends in Ohio who promised to give me that state in 2004. When I found out they made voting machines too, I became very faithful of my victory there! <br><br>It was like whipped cream and a cherry on my Texas-sized pie when Ohio became the embodiment of liberty and freedom on 'lection day '04." <br><br>*vomit* jesus...is that an actual quote? <p></p><i></i>
Ted the dog

Re: ...

Postby heath7 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:50 pm

It was merely satirical. I didn't mean to confuse.<br> <p></p><i></i>
heath7

Postby Ted the dog » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:39 pm

oops...my mistake. <br><br>although....it shouldn't surprise me if bush really did say something like that. <p></p><i></i>
Ted the dog

Return to Bush Family