Bush At Tipping Point?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Bush At Tipping Point?

Postby heyjt » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:40 pm

Boy, talk about an impending train wreck!<br>Just watched Bush's Friday am press confrence and he looks about to go over the edge. NBC's David Gregory went into verbal combat with Bush and really pushed his buttons. Rending of hair, gnashing of teeth.<br> Bush is the train, on a steep downgrade. David Gregory has pulled a few spikes from the rails, and the train is poised above the abyss.<br> With the Republicans in revolt about his torture program, an upcoming speech to an unfriendly United Nations, his poll numbers at record lows and the Dems closing in on the House and possibly Senate, Bush is loosing it.<br> He even waxed messianic by comparing himself to Lincoln and a "second awakening" of religion, with himself presiding over a "third awakening".<br> Time to up his meds?<br> <p></p><i></i>
heyjt

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Bush At Tipping Point?

Postby darkbeforedawn » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:52 pm

I hope he doesn't take us all with him. Time for him press the "Arabs attack American" red button again and blow up a city. That will get us all lined up right behind him just like before at the wtc (just kidding) <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Re: Bush Pre-announces next terror attack

Postby isachar » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:25 pm

Gee, it couldn't be any clearer, could it? Bushco is going to pull off another terror attack before the November elections if the repuckicans keep sinking in the polls.<br><br>After all, what's another fake terror attack when they've already pulled off one and used that as the hoax to perpetrate their pre-emptive fake war on Iraq and the Bill of Rights?<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Bush_says_terrorists_are_coming_again_0915.html">www.rawstory.com/news/200..._0915.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Bush assails Powell remark, says terrorists 'are coming again' <br><br>RAW STORY<br>Published: Friday September 15, 2006 <br><br><br>Print This Email This<br><br><br>In a highly combative exchange with reporters, United States President George W. Bush has told reporters today that terrorists will strike the United States again, RAW STORY has learned.<br><br>In arguing for legislation that would define US interpretation of the Geneva Conventions in a way that many would argue would allow certain forms of torture, Bush said, "I wish I could tell the American people, 'don't worry about it.' They're not coming again. But they are coming again."<br><br>"Time is running out," the President concluded.<br><br>Bush also struck out at comments by former Secretary of State Colin Powell regarding the moral standing of the United States' war on terror.<br><br>"It's unacceptable," a visibly angered Bush told the press, "to think there's any kind of comparison between the behavior of the United States of America and the action of Islamic extremists, who kill innocent women and children to achieve an objective." <br><br>Bush also indicated that he will not be meeting with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad--even though the two will be in the same Manhattan building, at the same time, next week. "I'm not going to meet with him," Bush said flatly. "I have made it clear to the Iranian regime that we will sit down with the Iranians once they verifiably suspend their enrichment program. I meant what I said."<br><br>Bush's interaction with certain reporters also, at times, became unusually combative.<br><br>At one point, an angered Bush answered one reporter's request for a follow-up question with a sharp, "No, you can't."<br><br>One CNN commentator went so far as to call the President's behavior "belligerent" immediately after the conference.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
isachar

Postby Dreams End » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:45 pm

I don't know how Bush will respond, but my theory has been that that either the elites are engaged in factional infighting or that the true elites kinda used Bush/Cheney as pitbulls to take care of some unpleasant business and planned, all along, to cut them loose. <br><br>Hence my interest in all the CIA folks criticizing the administration...really unusual...they don't "expose" the CIA, they talk about how the CIA's info is being misused. <br><br>When I saw Wayne Madsen calling for a military coup, I got really nervous but I suppose there's all sorts of ways this could go down.<br><br>And even though I feel Bush is not the true center of power...can I help it if I take pleasure in watching him fall apart. Let's just not all assume that whoever "delivers us" from Bush is necessarily someone to trust. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Bang on

Postby JD » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:48 pm

DE - bang on man!! Good comments that mirror my thoughts. <p></p><i></i>
JD

Re: Bang on too DE

Postby postrchild » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:15 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Bush said, "I wish I could tell the American people, 'don't worry about it.' They're not coming again. But they are coming again." "Time is running out," the President concluded.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>The Shrub is referring to his time in office. Is it just me or is he sounding like the freky little hitler-type in "V" towards the end when they just can't seem to nab the "terrorist"? Fomenting, ranting, fear, fear, FEAR GODDAMNIT! <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=postrchild>postrchild</A> at: 9/15/06 1:16 pm<br></i>
postrchild

Postby chiggerbit » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:31 pm

Gregory will probably get wiped for that. <br><br>I don't totally agree that Bush isn't leading some of the charge here. Bush is sick, and he doesn't get mad, he gets very, very even. That's what Iraq's been all about, vengence and Saddam. Maybe "they" let him do it because it fit in with their agenda, but Bush had been planning Iraq before he ever became pResident. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby bvonahsen » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:30 pm

I havn't seen the presser, only what crooks and liars has. In that clip, GW goes one repreatedly that "The program will not go forward!" So here is a thought, if there truely is another attack in the offing, it could be that Rove is planning to put the blame for it on those who are not supporting this legislation. That would be a pretty effective one-two punch. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Re: Friday press conference

Postby monster » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:32 pm

I saw part of it this morning, I just couldn't take it. It makes me sick to see this inarticulate moron represent my country. <br><br>At one point he said something like, "Look, it's simple" and I yelled at the television <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"YOU'RE simple!!"</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <p></p><i></i>
monster

Re: Friday press conference

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:53 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>In that clip, GW goes one repreatedly that "The program will not go forward!" So here is a thought, if there truely is another attack in the offing, it could be that Rove is planning to put the blame for it on those who are not supporting this legislation.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>EXACTLY! They didn't do one single thing before 9/11 to protect the country, and no one has publicly really called them on it, no heads have rolled. And now, with this "press" conference with its dire warnings about the need to pass whatever legislation the pRes wants gives them a pass when the NEXT attack happens on our own soil. They've just given themselves a "get out of jail free" card to be used any time they need in the next two years. Now they don't have to do one single thing to keep the country safe--they can just blame Congress. Sorry, with the submissive media that we have today, this is very effective, no matter how sick WE think it looks. Gregory was absolutely great, but it won't fly. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 9/15/06 11:20 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Bush's 'tude

Postby ewastud » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:36 am

Bush: "Vote Republican in the coming election or we will kill you!" <p></p><i></i>
ewastud

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:06 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>When I saw Wayne Madsen calling for a military coup, I got really nervous but I suppose there's all sorts of ways this could go down.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Madsen's tailors himelf and his sensationalism into what I consider a pile of <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>compensated</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> Internet fecal matter.<br><br>From a certain US '"Field Manual 30-31":<br><br>"<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>There may be times when Host Country Governments show passivity or indecision in the face of Communist subversion and according to the interpretation of the US secret services do not react with sufficient effectiveness… US army intelligence must have the means of launching special operations which will convince Host Country Governments and public opinion of the reality of the insurgent danger. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>To reach this aim US army intelligence should seek to penetrate the insurgency by means of agents on special assignment, with the task of forming special action groups among the most radical elements of the insurgency… In case it has not been possible to successfully infiltrate such agents into the leadership of the rebels it can be useful to instrumentalise extreme leftist organisations for one’s own ends in order to achieve the above described targets…</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> These special operations must remain strictly secret.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->"<br><br>RI People, it's my belief that *MOST* of the loudest voices against TPTB(who we constantly bicker and postulate uselessly about who they actually might be) are professional Gate-Keepers. This formula has been established, tweaked, and perfected centuried ago in Europe, if not even further back. We call them funny names like 'Gladio', 'Mockingbird', etc, but the reality is, for those in power, these techniques are COMMON SENSE..<br><br>Rome gave it's Citizens the Collosseum; today, TPTB simply give us ourselves. <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>They're</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> the ones refining tactics, not us..There's no magic or collegiate summarization of the Hegelian Dialectic, it's just what assholes do to stay at the top of the Pecking Order..<br><br>The age-old question returns in it's root form:<br><br>What are <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>YOU</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> going to do about it? <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Legislation

Postby km artlu » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:41 am

It seems to me that we'll be treated to some attention-sink of a drama regarding the tussle over how the law will be shaped, and which politicos claim credit for what.<br><br>Then Bush will ammend a "signing statement" and behave accordingly. If these signing statements are essentially refutations of the power of the legislative branch, what difference does it make?<br><br>I guess I'm confused and uncertain. Has a seizure of all powers been effected by the executive already, or what?<br><br>Still they bother to put much effort into engineering public opinion. It's always reassuring when, for example, Cheney was required to go on Fox and make faces and speak words designed to indicate that he had human feelings about blasting someone with a shotgun.<br><br>As long as that type of manipulation is required, it's fair to assume that, aside from the judicial and the legislative, some power still dormantly resides in the people. And the fascists know that. Perhaps they fear it.<br><br>Jeff and others here have occasionally expressed doubts about the value of disseminating parapolitical truth. But I think that the public's reaction to 9/11's much-anticipated sequel will be the pivot point for us all. <p></p><i></i>
km artlu

Press conference

Postby heyjt » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:24 pm

For those who haven't seen this portion of the press conference, here's the link from crooksandliars:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/09/15/bush-presser-and-gregory/#more-10299">www.crooksandliars.com/20...more-10299</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>David Gregory prooves there is still an active press... <p></p><i></i>
heyjt

Return to Bush Family